“I'd stay again”

Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Saint Joseph
Burlington, Kansas
“I'd stay again”
Reviewed 30 August 2012

My Fiance has been staying at the days inn for the past two months, due to his work being in st joe for the time being. My son and myself came up here for a few days to just get away and stay with him. Honestly, you get what you pay for. The rooms are a little older. But over-all clean. The front desk lady the day on check in was very nice. Recommended things for my son and I to do. And even Gave us a room right by the pool for my son. I wasn't too impressed with the hot breakfast in the morning. (maybe because i'm used to staying at better hotels) but like I said. you get what you pay for. Other than that, it wasn't a bad hotel. If you need to find a cheap place to stay over night or multiple nights, The Days Inn in St. Joe, is well priced and simple!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Le Roy, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed 12 August 2012

we checked in we asked about the pool I came from Minnesota to Missouri to visit my grandchildren and asked the clerk the night we checked in about having them swim the next day and was told this was fine, only to be told on our way to the pool that they had to be registered guest and they would now charge me $20.00 extra dollars for the kids to swim for an hour, also the night before I called the desk to inquiry of something and told they would call back and never did.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Diane D
Management4488, Manager at Days Inn St Joseph, responded to this review, 16 September 2012
Dear Guest,
For your safety, only registered hotel guests may use the swimming pool.
Roosevelt, Utah, United States
Reviewed 6 August 2012

Just like another reviewer, I saw the billboard for $49. When I asked, they quoted me a price of $77, saying they only had a few $49 rooms. The parking lot was almost empty, which I pointed out to the desk clerk. He said the prices were controlled by the hotel and he didn't have any leeway on them. This is the second time on our vacation we've not stayed in a Day's Inn because of false advertising. We went across the street and got a room for $47.

Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Jamie L
Dear Guest,
The special rate promotion was for one guest in a room with a king sized bed. There is an extra charge for each additional guest in the room. Sorry for any misunderstanding.
Reviewed 3 July 2012

The first room we had was absolutely horrible. Although a pet room, it was evident they had not cleaned at all. It smelled strongly of urine. The next room had a broken air conditioner. The desk attendant told us he had given us the best two rooms out of the pet rooms. I wouldn't let my dog sleep there. It was by far the worst hotel I had ever stayed in.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank aphuey
Dear Guest,
The room was cleaned and checked before it was released for rental. We have central air conditioning in the building, and the air conditioning was working in all guest rooms during your stay.
new holland
Reviewed 29 May 2012

This is a worn Days Inn and I don't expect a Marriot for Days Inn prices. Everything is clean but a little worn. I thought for $59 plus tax it would be a little better. It does have a drive around driveway and a few trucks are parked here so there is room. I thought my ac didn't work but the girl came out and turned it to heat and 80 Degrees. It takes awhile but works now. I haven't tried the others close by but noticed alot of trucks at Ramada. Think I'll call them next time. The food across the road at Bandannas is increadible if you like smokehouses.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Fort Smith, Arkansas
Reviewed 19 May 2012 via mobile

This place is nothing fancy, but ok for an overnight stop on the interstate. The staff was friendly, breakfast was ok.

• Stayed May 2012
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 23 April 2012

My wife and another couple went the St Joseph for a wedding. The pictures lookd very good. But looks were decieving.This motel was musty and the toilet keep leaking so it would run all night. The breakfast was stale bagels and rolls with waffels. The only good thing about this was my wife and I only stayed one night. I do not recommend anyone stay here.

Room Tip: If you have to stay here at least get a room away from the highway.