“Our stay”

Hampton Inn St. Joseph
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Saint Joseph
Reviewed 5 December 2013

We were traveling through on our way home from Thanksgiving and were very pleased with the cleanliness and friendliness of this Hampton Inn! The breakfast lady was amazingly friendly and energetic and eager to please!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn St. Joseph

Reviewed 4 December 2013

I have nothing but good things to say about the hotel. Quiet, clean rooms, comfortable bed, soft pillows, friendly staff, convenient location, and a free breakfast on top of it all. I will definitely stay here again when in St Joseph, Missouri.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 November 2013

In 18 years of business travel, I said to my travelling partner as we were departing that THIS hotel staff was absolutely the most courteous, genuine, and helpful of any I can recall every encountering - anywhere, and in any country. Management and staff of this hotel should be recognized for their very real efforts (it was a snowy, icy evening and morning and they were even canvassing the breakfast area and front counter to offer to go out and start vehicles for guests - and we found a gentleman outside in cold winter clothing who was scraping windows and clearing snow from vehicles). I was more pleased that I've ever been with how welcoming the hostess as the breakfast room was (though the food could have been fresher as by our 7 AM arrival in the room the eggs and sausages, etc all were dried out and a bit unappetizing) the most pleasant and welcoming staff person I've met in a long time. Bravo to every employee here.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

I reserved late in the day and notified the desk that I would be checking in very late, after 3:00 AM. When I arrived the front desk had my room ready, I was already checked in and my key was waiting on the front desk. This was great as I had little time to nap before my appointment at 8:00 AM the breakfast at 7:00 was fabulous, hot and plentiful. The hotel staff was super friendly and some of the best I have interacted with in a long time. Thanks for a great stay!

Reviewed 10 November 2013

Clean and friendly staff! Great location and the beds were restful! Enjoy the desk staff, helpful in finding a local resturant for my needs for the night I was there! I am looking forward to staying at this hotel in the near future! A wet night; however they had space for Diamond members to park and walk under a canopy to the hotel entrance!

Reviewed 6 November 2013

This was an average aging Hampton that a decent staff. They didn't do anything without someone asking but when asked they performed well. The problem was the sheets and duvet had stains (evident by taking a warm wash cloth and removing the stain left by someone's else nose). I called the front desk and the brought up clean sheets only and changed them promptly.

1  Thank Pheland
TMIHospitality, Manager at Hampton Inn St. Joseph, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Dear Pheland,
Thank you for your review. I'm terribly sorry to hear you had a negative experience at my hotel. Guest satisfaction is extremely important to us, and I apologize that we did not provide you with exceptional service. I will address your concerns with my entire staff. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to impress you on your next trip to St. Joseph.

Betty M.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

The rooms are small so the king suite gives you more room to sit at the desk and it seems to be a nicer bed and room overall. The outside is a little outdated but the interior has recently been renovated.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Justin K
TMIHospitality, Manager at Hampton Inn St. Joseph, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

Dear Justin K,
Thank you for your review of the Hampton Inn St. Joseph. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed our recently renovated rooms. I also appreciate you giving future guests tips to make their stay better. I hope the next time you find yourself in the area, you will once again be our guest.

Betty M.