“No refund of deposit”

Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Saint Joseph
Lincoln, Nebraska
“No refund of deposit”
Reviewed 17 December 2013 via mobile

Hotel was nice, however they refused to return the room deposit that was required since my Mother used her Honors points to book the room.
She had to leave numerous messages for the general manager, since he/she was never available or returned phone calls.
My Mother called the Honors program and even they had no luck in getting ahold of the manager or even receiving an email back from the manager.
After two frustrating weeks, the Honors customer service had my Mother call the Honors credit card number. She spoke with a nice customer service person who also to no avail, could not speak to the manager.
The credit card company finally returned the $50, but at what price? For all the frustration that they caused my Mother, I am rethinking as to ever stay at a Hampton Inn in the future. I will find out who the franchisee is and make sure that none of my 40,000 colleagues in my company stays with any hotel that person of they are affiliated with or owns.

Stayed November 2013
TMIHospitality, Manager at Hampton Inn St. Joseph, responded to this review, 19 December 2013
Dear Nehi009,
Thank you very much for your review. Please let me start by apologizing that your mother was never contacted by our hotel. Most banks take 7-10 business days for authorizations to fall off accounts, some however, as in your case, can take longer. And though I wish we did, we have no control over this, it is up to each individual bank. When we were contacted by your bank, we notified them right away that the authorization could be released. I'm so very sorry for the frustration that this caused you and your mother. I have used your comments as a learning tool for my front desk to better inform guests on this authorization process and how it can affect their accounts. Once again please accept my sincerest apologies for not contacting you personally and for the frustration of this situation. I hope that the next time you are in the area you will let us show you our improved level of customer service.

Dave S.
Assistant General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
arnold, United States
Reviewed 5 December 2013

We were traveling through on our way home from Thanksgiving and were very pleased with the cleanliness and friendliness of this Hampton Inn! The breakfast lady was amazingly friendly and energetic and eager to please!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

Dennison, United States
Reviewed 4 December 2013

I have nothing but good things to say about the hotel. Quiet, clean rooms, comfortable bed, soft pillows, friendly staff, convenient location, and a free breakfast on top of it all. I will definitely stay here again when in St Joseph, Missouri.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo

Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 27 November 2013

In 18 years of business travel, I said to my travelling partner as we were departing that THIS hotel staff was absolutely the most courteous, genuine, and helpful of any I can recall every encountering - anywhere, and in any country. Management and staff of this hotel should be recognized for their very real efforts (it was a snowy, icy evening and morning and they were even canvassing the breakfast area and front counter to offer to go out and start vehicles for guests - and we found a gentleman outside in cold winter clothing who was scraping windows and clearing snow from vehicles). I was more pleased that I've ever been with how welcoming the hostess as the breakfast room was (though the food could have been fresher as by our 7 AM arrival in the room the eggs and sausages, etc all were dried out and a bit unappetizing) the most pleasant and welcoming staff person I've met in a long time. Bravo to every employee here.

Kenosha, United States
Reviewed 20 November 2013

I reserved late in the day and notified the desk that I would be checking in very late, after 3:00 AM. When I arrived the front desk had my room ready, I was already checked in and my key was waiting on the front desk. This was great as I had little time to nap before my appointment at 8:00 AM the breakfast at 7:00 was fabulous, hot and plentiful. The hotel staff was super friendly and some of the best I have interacted with in a long time. Thanks for a great stay!

Elk Grove, United States
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Clean and friendly staff! Great location and the beds were restful! Enjoy the desk staff, helpful in finding a local resturant for my needs for the night I was there! I am looking forward to staying at this hotel in the near future! A wet night; however they had space for Diamond members to park and walk under a canopy to the hotel entrance!

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed 6 November 2013

This was an average aging Hampton that a decent staff. They didn't do anything without someone asking but when asked they performed well. The problem was the sheets and duvet had stains (evident by taking a warm wash cloth and removing the stain left by someone's else nose). I called the front desk and the brought up clean sheets only and changed them promptly.

1 Thank Pheland
TMIHospitality, Manager at Hampton Inn St. Joseph, responded to this review, 8 November 2013
Dear Pheland,
Thank you for your review. I'm terribly sorry to hear you had a negative experience at my hotel. Guest satisfaction is extremely important to us, and I apologize that we did not provide you with exceptional service. I will address your concerns with my entire staff. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to impress you on your next trip to St. Joseph.

Betty M.