“Very Pleasant”

Hampton Inn St. Joseph
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Saint Joseph
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Very clean and staff were so professional! Would definitely stay again- Breakfast selection was good, and tasted fresh. Check-in and Check-Out staff were so hospitable. The room was very clean, and temperature was comfortable upon arrival. Very quiet- slept very well.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 11 January 2014

This hotel has a delightful staff. Everyone was extremely friendly and highly efficient. Amanda handled the check in minutes and even checked a bit later to see if there was anything I needed. The room was quite nice. Even the extra chair was comfortable.
Breakfast was well presented and included a number of options.
It is close to the interstate and several restaurants.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 January 2014

This was a grea hotel for our family while we were in town for a wedding. There was a snow storm so we were thankful we had reservations. This is a smaller size facility but rooms were nice and comfortable. We had a King with sofa and the extra room was a plus. The hotel staff was helpful in trying to get our rooms close together.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 January 2014

There was only one room left on this night as we did not know where we were going to stop so we did not make reservations. It was a handicapped room. I said I was handicapped but with hearing aides and the desk clerk was very quick to ask if I needed the room for hearing impaired. She was very quick thinking.

Reviewed 30 December 2013

This Hampton Inn located at 3928 Frederick Avenue in St. Joseph, MO was a great place to stay. It was so quiet and peaceful (even during the holiday season) that I got a great night's sleep. Also, the complimentary breakfast was amazing! There was a griddle where you could make your own waffles, fresh fruit (I had pineapple) among all kinds of healthy food choices. Casey, the manager on duty when I arrived, was very friendly, professional and helpful. I would definitely recommend this hotel to weary travelers looking for a great night's sleep and a complimentary healthy breakfast. Phone:(816) 390-9300

Reviewed 17 December 2013 via mobile

Hotel was nice, however they refused to return the room deposit that was required since my Mother used her Honors points to book the room.
She had to leave numerous messages for the general manager, since he/she was never available or returned phone calls.
My Mother called the Honors program and even they had no luck in getting ahold of the manager or even receiving an email back from the manager.
After two frustrating weeks, the Honors customer service had my Mother call the Honors credit card number. She spoke with a nice customer service person who also to no avail, could not speak to the manager.
The credit card company finally returned the $50, but at what price? For all the frustration that they caused my Mother, I am rethinking as to ever stay at a Hampton Inn in the future. I will find out who the franchisee is and make sure that none of my 40,000 colleagues in my company stays with any hotel that person of they are affiliated with or owns.

Stayed: November 2013
TMIHospitality, Manager at Hampton Inn St. Joseph, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2013

Dear Nehi009,
Thank you very much for your review. Please let me start by apologizing that your mother was never contacted by our hotel. Most banks take 7-10 business days for authorizations to fall off accounts, some however, as in your case, can take longer. And though I wish we did, we have no control over this, it is up to each individual bank. When we were contacted by your bank, we notified them right away that the authorization could be released. I'm so very sorry for the frustration that this caused you and your mother. I have used your comments as a learning tool for my front desk to better inform guests on this authorization process and how it can affect their accounts. Once again please accept my sincerest apologies for not contacting you personally and for the frustration of this situation. I hope that the next time you are in the area you will let us show you our improved level of customer service.

Dave S.
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 5 December 2013

We were traveling through on our way home from Thanksgiving and were very pleased with the cleanliness and friendliness of this Hampton Inn! The breakfast lady was amazingly friendly and energetic and eager to please!