“Great place to stay!”

Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Saint Joseph
Oceanside, Oregon
“Great place to stay!”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

We stayed here one night while traveling from Maryland to Oregon...with 5 cats. After a less-than-stellar stay at another hotel chain in Indianapolis on our first night, this stop in St. Joseph was like a little piece of heaven! I'd never stayed at a Drury Inn before (never even heard of them, honestly), and after that one night, I found myself searching the internet to see if they had hotels in the other cities we'd planned to stop in along the way. Unfortunately, they didn't, or else I would have changed my reservations to Drury!

The lobby and rooms were very nice, clean, and well-maintained. The bed was comfortable, and the bathroom had a huge walk-in shower. But what really got me, though, was the evening "Kickback"...

Every evening they offer their guests free hot appetizers and drinks...which is great after a long day on the road. In addition to the usual nachos and pretzels, they had pasta, meatballs, and hot dogs...which was substantial enough that we didn't need to go back out for dinner. I made myself a meatball sub, collected 2 of my 3 free "adult" drinks (they made my screwdriver a double. lol) and went back to my room to enjoy it. As a side note - they also offer free popcorn all afternoon/evening as well as free soft drinks.

They are also pet-friendly, in that they only charge a $10 cleaning fee per room per day - and I am pretty sure that they didn't even charge us on this stay.

Of the 5 hotels I stayed in during this trip, this was far and away the favorite! Would definitely stay there again if I ever found myself back in Missouri.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Jenny G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Reviewed 2 March 2014

We stayed here one night while traveling in this area. The room was clean, but nothing special. The bed was comfortable. The bathroom was very small. Breakfast was your average free breakfast. Thought the price was a bit high for the quality of the room.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 25 February 2014 via mobile

My husband & I stayed here for 1nite on our way thru to Florida and we're very happy we picked the Drury Inn. We were made to feel very welcome at check in. The room was very clean & the free wine or beer & snacks were greatly appreciated after a long day of travelling. Will definitely stay there again.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Ed N
Saint Joseph, Missouri
Reviewed 6 February 2014

I stayed here after having pipes burst in my home. It took 10 days for repairs to be made. There truly is no place like home but I enjoyed our stay here at the hotel. Every staff member was professional and friendly. By the 2nd day they called my children and me by name. Teresa, Phil, Patrick, and the Asst. Manager Travis were all amazing. They were very helpful with faxing information to the insurance company and showed sincere interest in how my repairs were coming along. The room was spotless and nicely appointed. Beds and pillows were very comfy. My kids enjoyed the daily free soda and popcorn. They serve a full breakfast every day with both hot and cold items (oatmeal, eggs, sausage, potatoes, biscuits/gravy, and the traditional pastries, yogurt, and cold cereal). In the evenings, there is also food (chicken tenders, soup, salad, macaroni & cheese, etc.) along with 3 free alcoholic beverages for adults. We were able to bring our pet as well and there is plenty of green space outdoors to let pets out without disturbing the other guests. They have convenient shower gel/shampoo/conditioner dispensers in the bathroom and it's good to see them have a plan to be more environmentally friendly. They took very good care of us here and although it was stressful being away from home, they went above and beyond to make us comfortable. Thanks Drury Inn~!

Room Tip: If you need more room, they have wonderful rooms with a separate living room area. Perfect for famil...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Great Falls, Montana
Reviewed 16 January 2014

The Drury Inn and Suites are our first choice when there is one where we are staying. They cost a little more but when you consider the welcoming kickback and the full breakfast, it is worth the price. They offer three drinks plus plenty of food at the kickbacks so that you don't need to go out for a meal. They are truly dog friendly and never charges a fee. The bed are so conferrable that my wife asked where they bought them so that we might get one for our home.

Room Tip: Get there early so that you can get the full benefit of the kickback.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Cheyenne, Wyoming
Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

My wife and I were driving late to go and visit family. We reserved a room and were pleasantly surprised. The breakfast was great, the beds were very comfortable, the room was quiet. We had forgot to bring some toiletries and the desk staff very kindly provided us with what we needed. Everyone was polite despite the late hour. Great experience. The only negative was that someone had used the ice bucket for popcorn and apparently they forgot to clean it out. Other than that the entire experience was great.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Salt Lake City
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I generally have good experiences with Drury Inn's and I know this one is frequently sold out (as it was this night) so I wasn't too worried.

The hotel is immaculate, tasteful, they offer dinner food and breakfast and the staff is helpful and friendly. Although it is frequented by family and those with pets - so on a sold out night there can be noise issues. And it was pricier than some others with good reviews.

But the issue is that this hotel is not a smoke free hotel. They have smoking and non-smoking rooms. However, on this night the smoke came right through the ventilation system and into my bathroom. It had to be more than just the room above me, it must be a faulty ventilation system. It was impossible to use the bathroom or to keep the bathroom door open - then the smoke would just flow out into my bedroom.

I bypassed a shower the next morning and took all my stinky clothes and self to check out. I mentioned it at the desk as I didn't want to be charged a cleaning fee, in case they thought that I'd been smoking in there. The gentleman at the desk was very sympathetic and provided great customer service. He mentioned that something on the roof must have been hit by high winds and shifted something in the ventilation system as I hadn't been the only complaint. He did provide a 50% discount on the room and I give him credit for being responsive to the issue.

However, as one who is sickened by cigarette smoke, I had an awful night in the hotel. I'm not entirely sure that 50% was fair enough. I paid for a nonsmoking experience and to be honest, next time I'm going to choose a smoke free hotel. He also said that even in a sold out situation he could have found somewhere else to put me - that is appreciated but who wants to move after they've settled in? Entirely smoke free is now a requirement for me. There are plenty of them out there.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo