“Plenty of room-great location!”

Drury Inn & Suites St. Joseph
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Saint Joseph
Reviewed 9 September 2010

We stayed in a 2 room suite. The sitting area had a couch (with hideaway bed), recliner, desk, fridge, microwave, coffee maker, armoire, & TV. The bedroom had 2 double beds, dresser, & another TV. The rooms had separate thermostats. Both rooms were clean but they did smell a bit musty.
Both breakfast & the 5:30 Kickback had a good variety of hot food & the eating area was clean & inviting.
The property is located right off I-29 & is very convenient to restaurants & shopping.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family

Reviewed 20 August 2010

Pros: The staff was helpful. Good breakfast. Fast, free internet.
Cons: Ability to control temperature of rooms. Cleanliness of bed sheets. Fitness room.

Details: The first night my room got down to 68 degrees (I prefer 75) even after I turned the heat all the way up! Ended up finding out that they run EITHER air or heat, not both. Even after switching rooms, it got very cold during the night. I had a room with 2 queen beds and one had a hair and blood stain on the sheets. Disgusting!! The fitness room only has a treadmill and bike, no machines or even free weights. The beds are harder than I prefer and it was difficult for me to fall asleep. The walls are pretty thin and I could hear sounds from the rooms next to me.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 August 2010

EXCELLENT experience there - Staff VERY helpful. I travel for business and this is my first Drury experience. I told my office to check for a Drury Hotel FIRST from now on. Happy hour was unbelievable, breakfast wonderful, staff friendly, etc etc. Did not receive wakeup call either day ;-(.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 July 2010

We were grandparents traveling to a family reunion in Kansas with our ten year old grandaughter. Stayed in four hotels in the Midwest in five days. This was our favorite. The room was great with sleeper in one room and beds in the other-exactly as we reserved it. The breakfast was good, the staff extra friendly and helpful and the evening drinks and snacks an incredible plus for feeding our grandaughter. She found everything she liked right there and the cocktails and a snack were plenty for us as well. She also loved the popcorn in the lobby at any time. I cannot say enough good things about this hotel, and if all Drury properties are run as well as this we will search them out wherever we travel. We loved this hotel.

Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 June 2010

I visit St. Jo regulary because my son live there and am not overly impressed with any of their hotels. The Drury Inn is in my top three. The rooms are updated and always clean. The halls and elevator are NOT. The elevator is always very dirty and the halls as well. The morning buffet has some hot food and my son likes their gravy. The evening meal is enough to satisfy. The pools is bigger than most but not well ventilated. For the money in St. Jo this is a good choice.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
DruryHotels, Management Representative at Drury Inn & Suites St. Joseph, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2010

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. We always want our guests to experience a completely clean and fresh hotel including the hallways and common areas. We have shared your feedback with our housekeeping staff and hope that you find a fresher hotel on your next visit!

Reviewed 14 February 2010

We stayed here for a weekend getaway. We're from a much larger city and were very happy to find a new hotel of this quality. Checking in with Bridget was efficient & friendly, our room was spotless and comfy, bath was immaculate & had nice granite floors & counters. Our bed was loaded with pillows and was comfy. We enjoyed the large hot tub (it could have been a little hotter, IMO) after a winter afternoon of hiking at Squaw Creek. After that we enjoyed the free evening "snack" and drinks, there was a lot of food and would have been plenty for a meal as some families were doing. We had dinner plans, but enjoyed the drinks. We will definitely stay here again and recommend it to others.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 February 2010

We had a great stay overall. The only thing I think that could be fixed is the housekeeping. I used to work for a hotel that won multiple awards for cleanliness, so maybe my standards are too high. But we did have dirty sheets wadded up in the pull out couch. They smelled of smoke and we were in a non smoking room (that was kinda our giveaway that they were used). We called the front desk and after 3 calls (they were understaffed that night and very apologetic) they did fix the problem. The rooms were dusty in areas that aren't common areas. That kinda saddened me, because everything else was wonderful. The food, the happy hour with drink tickets. The staff friendliness and their kindness was spectacular. I would stay again, I just wish that they'd correct the house keeping staff issues. I'm actually looking to book a block of rooms for my wedding.....but I'm requesting a thorough cleaning of the room for out of town guests.

Stayed: April 2008, travelled with family
kimachappell, eMarketing Specialist at Drury Inn & Suites St. Joseph, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2010

Thank you for your response on Trip Advisor. We would like to say thank you for providing us with your feedback and would like you to know that we take cleanliness of our guest rooms for your entire stay very seriously. We continue to implement new processes to ensure that every guest stay with us is a great and memorable one. We will be addressing the housekeeping issues you encountered and will work hard to make improvements for future stays. Thank you for staying with us and we would love to be your hotel of choice for your wedding guests! Let us know if you have any questions.