“Eh...”

Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Saint Joseph
Saint Joseph, Missouri
“Eh...”
Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

Constant noise. Electrical or plumbing... Nothing like waking up thinking the ceiling is caving in.. :( the lady at the desk was very helpful but overall not a great place to stay. No pets allowed either. Wallpaper was peeling too and pillows were very lumpy :/ layout of room and furniture was also odd. Oh and if you are pulling a trailer DO NOT park in the parking lot. You will never get out!

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Yuki R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Missouri
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I have stayed at this Comfort Inn several times and it never disappoints. Great location close to I29; great rooms with neat tables on wheels if you are on business it makes it nice that you can work where you want to instead of being limited to where the desk in the room is.

they have an indoor pool and hot tub; breakfast was ok, the breakfast room was very small and a tight fit if you hit it at rush hour. Parking is a little tight too; in fact, I had a spot but then went out to eat and when I came back there were no spots left and I had to park on the curb.

Overall it is a good hotel and I will continue to stay here when I am in St. Joe MO

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 September 2013

We were checked into the wrong room and nothing could be done to fix it. We immediately checked out and were told we would not be charged but we were anyway. The general manager is horrible and cares nothing about her guests. We went to the ramada next door and got way more for our money and the staff their was excellent. I will never stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013
Tennessee
Reviewed 19 September 2013

I have traveled all over the country for 30 year and have been in motels from 1 to 5. On our way to Cody, WY for our daughters wedding, and after 11 1/2 hours on the road from Tennessee, checked in with no issues into a very nice, clean, quiet, comfortable room. Breakfast was good. Checkout easy... on our way the next morning early... Would have rated it 4.5 except my spouse noticed there was very little landscaping, with made the outside a little dingy. Will definitely stay again if opportunity presents itself. Could not turn ac/heat fan on continuous, which always irritates me because of the on/off of the ac all nite long.. so I carry a sleep noise maker with me.

Room Tip: I always like upper floors so no one walks on the ceiling of my room. Here, heard no noise from hal...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 September 2013 via mobile

Nothing overly special about the hotel in my mind. My husband and I are driving up to Iowa and decided to call it and early night. We found room here. The tub was broken, the pillows were small but it was a good place to relax before a full day of driving tomorrow. Brooke, the woman who checked us in, was a rare breed of person who loves their job, she was friendly, helpful and accommodating. We were very happy to learn that the whole hotel was smoke free. The room was spacious with a couch and large desk. The bed was very comfortable. The ambient noise was a little more than desirable, but hey it's just one night right? This room would probably be great for families. The breakfast in the morning was very filling, classic hotel favorites of waffles, eggs, cereal and assorted breads. Overall an average place to rest your head at the end of a day of travel.

• Stayed September 2013
Jackson
Reviewed 9 September 2013

We really enjoyed our stay here after traveling from Ohio to Colorado and back. Comparing this hotel to other Comfort Suites we stayed and other hotels, I would give this one five stars! It was very clean...had a nice pool and hot tub area. There were a lot of towels in the bathroom area, we didn't have to ask for more! The sink area was separate from the shower/commode area. We had a king bed, so the living area felt bigger. We were really impressed after staying several nights in other hotels.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Our room was comfortable. The hotel was convenient to the Interstate. The rate was competitive. The staff was friendly. And the breakfast amply met our expectations.

An odd moment came, however, on Sunday morning, upon entering the breakfast area adjacent to the lobby. We were confronted by the uncomfortably loud sound from the widescreen TV—a situation frequently duplicated in similar “breakfast rooms” around the U.S.. Interestingly, when my companion found the remote control and turned the sound totally off, none of the other breakfasters seemed to mind. Indeed, shortly thereafter, real conversations began to pop up all around the room.

I’m amazed that the proprietors here and elsewhere routinely presume that patrons are desirous of being assaulted in such a way, first thing in the morning. Especially by the likes of the amateur news presentation on Fox. Please don’t mess so grossly with an otherwise satisfying hotel experience. Playing the TV in the breakfast room should be a default position (perhaps when there is REAL need for it), not the norm.

Room Tip: If you get the chance, turn off (or have the management turn off) the TV in the breakfast room. Trav...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends