“Comfortable, friendly”

Quality Suites St. Joseph
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Saint Joseph
Reviewed 20 August 2014

We recently stayed at this hotel and found the staff to be very friendly. Our room and the breakfast were very satisfactory. Our little ones really enjoyed the pool. Would recommend this hotel to those needing a stay near St. Joseph, Mo.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for a night on our cross country road trip. Got in late around 11 PM with a bottle of wine and the guy working the front desk opened it for us. We had been driving since 7 AM and so he let us sneak into the hot tub even though it had closed at 10 PM. Breakfast in the morning was great with waffles, eggs, sausage, and the usual continental breakfast fixings. The hotel was very safe, we left a rooftop carrier on and had no problems. It was also very clean and the rooms were large! Very impressed

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Molly M
Reviewed 19 June 2014

First it is under remodel and very small parking lot. I am a Choice member and this was one of worst places I have stayed from accomadations to staff. Ther person checking in was non attentive and seemed we were an intrusion. The business area is like from the 80s and dirty and computer is dated with slow internet and keyboard was junk. Vending on our floor was out of order. Breakfast was a complete joke. They ran out of scrambled eggs and brought out the round frozen ones that were like hard and tasteless. This was at 7:45 AM....sausage was cold and attendant seemed to not care when I pointed it out. At check out I was not asked how the stay was nor even a smile by the man. Not even a thank you!! I called before I arrived to be sure I had a mini fridge...I did but it was umplugged and smelled and called front desk and said they would send someone up as there was no control temp...took 3 hours just to get a slight chill. There are so many other places in St Jo that care about you as a customer...this is not one stay away

Room Tip: Room on the North end has a awful view of Semi Parking for hotel next door
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank JDD800
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We got in late and left early. The hotel was undergoing renovation, so things were a bit out of order on the bottom floor (furniture in hallways, etc), but that was no issue for us. They put us in a newly renovated room on the second floor and it was very nice. We had a good nights rest. Staff was friendly. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Josh Y
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We stayed here the last night of our Yellowstone trip and it was ok. The room was clean and comfortable, but the bathroom was not. The tub was dirty with hair and wet washcloths. They do not accept pets and that was a plus for us. Not a bad place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Charles P
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We spent 2 nights at the Comfort Suites in St. Joseph, Mo recently and really enjoyed our stay. The staff were very friendly and helpful and the location is great. It is close to several nice restaurants and convenient to the tourist attractions we wanted to visit. The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. The only reason I didn't give it a 5 rating is that they were in the middle of remodeling and had work supplies in the hallways, which made it a little inconvenient when going to and from the room. I would stay at this motel again if I revisit St. Joseph.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mary F
Reviewed 29 May 2014

This is another "average" hotel charging more that the room is worth.

I like hotels with breakfast on site so I can get something to eat before I start my day. So if a hotel charges a few extra bucks over what I think the room is worth, the convenience of not having to find someplace to eat breakfast is worth it to me.

The breakfast here was embarrassing! No eggs! The kitchen ran out of eggs. Rather than someone going down to the store an buying some eggs, I was told by the kitchen helper that they wouldn't be serving eggs until their delivery came in.

I don't know what kind of meat they were passing off as sausage but the whole place smelled like cooked, rotten meat.

Very disappointing.

I won't stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple