“Friendly, great place to stay ”

Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Forest Park
Ranked #13 of 121 Hotels in Saint Louis
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

I really appreciated everything about this hotel. The location is great in relation to the zoo (our reason for the trip). It was clean and the breakfast was the best I'd seen in a hotel. We missed most of the kickback at 530 but we did enjoy the snacks and soft drinks. An extremely friendly staff from the greeting at the front desk to hostesses working breakfast to housekeeping, service friendliness and helpfulness were exceptional. I also found the shampoo, soap and conditioner dispenser in the shower a clever alternative to all the little bottles.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Anguyen09

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We had the privilege of staying at this hotel while in STL for a special function. We were greeted with a bag of goodies, very "filled" at the kickback offered from 5:30-7 each evening, and refreshed by the clean and quiet accommodations. If given the chance, we would stay again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 May 2014

To start with I had issues in the booking price. During booking, the Drury phone system hung up. Even though I called back and was reconnected within minutes, the price had gone up. I understand that prices change quickly, but my plea was met with sorry, but too bad for you, as there was only one room left! I stayed as I wanted the location, but although we stayed at four hotels total that trip, that experience made me shy away from any other Drury property.

The pool was terrible. Extremely crowded and very cold. I had two kids, 7 and 4, and it simply was not possible for them to enjoy the pool.

HOWEVER, I will say that the staff was very helpful all the time. Very polite, and very warm. The rooms were clean, and for seeing St Louis as a whole, the location cannot be beat. Right next to the freeway, you can be downtown, or to the west in short order. Next to the Hill Italian neighbor hood, and very close to the Zoo and Science center. I Would stay there again for both location and excellent staff

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 May 2014

We stayed here around Christmas and the hotel was terrific...on the newer side, and very well done. It was quite attractive for a Drury Inn. The breakfast was one of the better ones we've had at a Drury Inn. They had popcorn in the evenings, and a nice dinner/snack buffet that we had to miss, unfortunately. Everyone was really friendly. The room was clean and comfortable. We liked the location close to everything at Forest Park and Wash U. We would gladly stay again.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

We took a trip to St. Louis to do some preliminary house hunting and chose this Drury as it was so centrally located to the areas we were searching.
The hotel did not disappoint. Everything was clean, beds comfortable, bathroom clean and nicely appointed and plenty if light in the room for reading and computer tasks. The food for breakfast and evening reception was plentiful and tasty.
We also had our two small dogs with us and they were welcomed by all staff. The dog walk area is a couple small grassy areas outsude the ground floor back door. But it is well lit and I felt safe out there alone at night as the parking lot backs up to a neighborhood.
Unfortunately, my husband became ill on our 3rd day and was admitted to nearby Barnes Jewish hospital, extending our 3 day stay to an 8 day stay. The hotel was kind enough to give me a hospital visitor rate for the remainder of the stay which helped greatly for the unexpected expenses.
My only complaint is the selection for breakfast as far as meat or the potato choice did not change the whole time of the stay. I would have liked some bacon or ham slices switched about with sausage patty and some hash browns or different potato choice over the spicy american fries.
But other than that it was a good hotel and I will definately stay again!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 May 2014

My family stayed on 05/02/14 and I must say this was a great experience. It is close to the zoo, the amenities are wonderful. Staff was very friendly and professional. Our room was spectacular! I will for sure return to this location when I come back in town in the future! There is not one thing negative I can say for this place well worth the money!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

Clean and close to both Forrest Park and the Hill neighborhood. The pool was nice and warm and the free breakfast had everything you could possibly want and we did not eat dinner but it looked good, like typical ballpark food. Great for keeping the family happy.

Stayed: April 2014