First the good... We stayed for 4 nights to visit the St. Louis sites. The location to all the popular family attractions is excellent. The breakfast was a big plus. Lots of options, eggs, biscuit, sausage, waffles, yogurt, cereal, donuts. The kids loved it. We also liked the layout of the room. Lots of counter space, bathroom size was perfect, shower was clean, beds were comfortable, and the fridge worked great.
The not so good... The cleanliness of the room was disappointing- specifically the bedding. Upon opening the sofa bed for one of our children to use, we found popcorn under the mattress, the mattress pad on the sofa bed was dirty, hair on it, stains, etc. I called down to get a replacement mattress pad. It was sent up promptly with an apology. Then when I took the bedding out of the closet I found the sheets to be less than clean. I took it down to the front desk and asked for new sheets. I was given an apology and offered a discount off the rate for the night. After now changing the bedding myself, I found the blanket to have a large gross stain on it. I again... went down to the front desk for a replacement. It wasn't a good way to start. For the next three days housekeeping was fine. On the fourth day housekeeping changed the sheets. That night I found the blanket on one bed to have brown debris on it. Gross. Not sure what it was- I did not want to know... Because it was our last night I took it off the bed and slept without the blanket and was ready to go.
The pool was a big disappointment. It is small for this size hotel, and very crowded. The water is gross, cloudy, and had stuff floating in it. The chlorine was so strong it hurt your eyes to be in the room for more than 30 minutes. The floor is very slippery and towels were lacking. After one swim, our kids did not want to go back in it.
The 5:30 kick back food is so-so. The offerings are the same night to night and are basically frozen food heated. Many families used it as their dinner meal which makes it crowded and a bit hectic. It is a nice perk, and if intended for snacks- great. Not great for full family meals.
All in all, this was an average hotel with a great location, and comfortable beds. The management needs to give more attention to cleanliness, especially on the bedding and a changing of the pool water, and it would be a big improvement.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Forest Park is one mile from Forest Park. The Saint Louis Art Museum, Saint Louis Zoo, and The Muny theater are located inside Forest Park. The hotel's central location between South St. Louis neighborhoods is close to world famous Italian restaurants on The Hill, urban nightlife in The Grove and the Missouri Botanical Gardens in Shaw. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Forest Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Drury Inn & Suites Forest Park Hotel Saint Louis
- Drury Inn And Suites Forest Park
- Drury Inn Forest Park
- Drury Inn Saint Louis
- Drury Saint Louis
- Saint Louis Drury