“Good Bar-B-Que”

Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Grand Center / Midtown
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Good ribs....surprised that the ribs were a ham texture and taste. Sauce was very good. The pulled pork was melt in your mouth awesome!!! The brisket was very good and tender. Deep fried corn on the cob very good.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,363)

Reviewed 21 July 2014

I was in Saint Louis for a conference but flew in early to meet with one of my direct reports and take him to lunch. I knew I was going to be eating some Q while I was here and everyone recommended Pappy's so off we went. The smell when we got out was amazing. I am from NJ and that smell simply does not exist unfortunately. We waited in mind to order for about 20 minutes which was not bad. We both ordered ribs and burnt ends. The ribs were good, certainly better than anything near mount laurel, nj. The particular slab i had was a bit fatty bit had good flavor. However the burnt ends stole the show. I love brisket but had never had burnt ends. I have come to learn that good burnt ends are an out if body experience. The smoke and flavor are so intense without being overpowering. I could have forgone the ribs and just ate an entire tray of this delicacy. My coworker felt the same way. I was not impressed with the sides. I did not care for the fried corn and the applesauce was just plain normal variety applesauce. The service was very friendly and prompt. I did go to Bogart's later in the week and enjoyed it more even though they were out of burnt ends. I do still think Pappy's is worth a visit though and I'm glad I tried both.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

We walk in to a double wrap around line for Pappy's Smokehouse. We were immediately handed a menu. From the hallway waiting to inside the dining area line to wait to get to the counter to order. The wait total was 30 minutes. The meal came to us within 2 minutes. Not bad for a lot line wait. Portions were very large The slice beef sandwich meat portion did not fit within the two halves of the bun. There was a choice of 4 BBQ sauces. The half slab of ribs was a lot. Hardly any fat and very meaty. Baked beans were sweet and bake potato was large. We left very full. As we drove away a sign had been placed on the door. "SOLD OUT" it was only 730.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Family had the ribs, burnt ends and pulled pork. All were excellent. Wish had know about it earlier. Sides were great as well. We were lucky enough to get there by 11 a.m., but by the time we walked around front and started ordering, a line was growing to about 25 people deep in a matter of minutes. Word is out on this place.

Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

I don't know if it was worth the 2 hour wait, but the ribs were good. The turkey didn't taste like it was even smoked. Out of the sides the potato salad was probably the best.