“Ooooh - so good!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Laumeier Sculpture Park

Laumeier Sculpture Park
Ranked #21 of 253 things to do in Saint Louis
More attraction details
Owner description: The landscape of this park is dominated by modern sculptures.
Saint Louis, Missouri
68 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 80 helpful votes
“Ooooh - so good!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

We went to Laumeier Sculpture Park on a beautiful weekend day and let me say "wow" is my reaction to this place. I had wanted to visit for awhile and I'm sorry I haven't visited sooner. I guess it's a little off the beaten path of the other St. Louis attractions (but it's well worth the visit if you're coming from out of town), but it's ideal for residents. First off, there is a lot of walking because the park is very large and there's not always a paved pathway, so there's a lot of walking around hills and dips and on grass. There are benches along the way for resting. Even though I was visiting with an adult this seemed to be a great place for families because there is so much space in the areas kids are able to carry on and run around without interfering with anyone else's experience. The sculptures themselves are "modern" and while it's definitely true that I didn't "get" all of them, almost all of them were certainly interesting to look at. They also make great photo ops! Some of the pieces are very hard and severe and others are quite whimsical and fun, so there's a little something for everyone. We saw some people had brought picnics and that's probably a great idea if the weather is nice -- again, the space is so large your party can eat in "privacy" despite being in a public place. The Park was completely relaxing and fun and just a really enjoyable experience.

Visited May 2014
2 Thank Delphine384

19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Lot of walking”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

Ok first off I am not an art person. I don't know what I was suppose to be looking at with most of the sculptures here. On the other hand it is a very nice park with lots and lots of walking trails which would be great to bring a picnic and kill a couple hours. It is a bit much walking for younger children.

1 Thank magnifiedplaid
Nicholasville, Kentucky
151 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 169 helpful votes
“Truly unique”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

To my families dismay, I am a sucker for outlandish attractions. When visiting someplace I check out roadsideamerica.com and look for the best unique attractions. This was near the top of the list. There are many sculptures of many variety. And everyone had a lot of fun taking a lot of fun pictures. I cannot say you should go out of your way to visit, but if you have extra time, you may be surprised at how much you will enjoy this treasure.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank KentuckyDB
Bloomington, Indiana
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Walking around art!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

It's a wonderful place to take a walk or short hike while experiencing the art and sculpture. The pieces are not so close together that you feel overwhelmed, nor are they so far apart that you can't experience the majority of them in a few hours. The artists and materials are so varied that if one sculpture isn't to your taste, move on and the next one might be! There are benches and picnic tables scattered around and at least two sets of restrooms.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank bloomingtongirl2
Bettendorf, Iowa
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Beautiful afternoon, wonderful stroll and interesting art too”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

Perfect free activity for a couple hours on a nice day. We did not do this, but I would recommend a picnic. Even if you do not necessarily enjoy art, go and try something a little different than you might otherwise do. Nice walk on mainly flat ground, there are area to hike "off path" to some additional sculptures, but we did not do this as one member of our party was feeling under the weather. They request you do not climb on the sculpture, but some of them are low lying on the ground, and our kids enjoyed sitting in/on/next to them for photos. Great family activity for families with children of all ages.

Visited March 2014