“To much to do in 1 day!”
Review of City Museum

City Museum
Ranked #4 of 258 things to do in Saint Louis
More attraction details
Owner description: Don't take the name so literally. We're about fun. Not your white walls, walk around, and be quiet museum. If you want to climb around, get active with your kids or are a big kid at heart, we're the place. If you get freaked out easily, you might not want to come. We're four floors filled with miles of tunnels, a full cave system, over 30 slides, a circus, an arts area, a large outdoor climbing space, Architectural Museum, a Cabin that serves adult beverages, a Museum of Mayhem, Mirth and Mystery, and a ton more. Also, there's the roof with a Ferris Wheel and a bus hanging off its edge.
Saint Louis, Missouri
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“To much to do in 1 day!”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

The best place to take adventurous kids of all ages! Kinda pricey but they all really enjoyed themselves. There are way too many things for them to do that you will not be able to visit everything in just one day. We paid extra to see the aquariums and the rooftop. The kids REALLY loved the rooftop. They have a huge slide, a schoolbus to walk through that hangs a bit off the roof, and a ferris wheel. The aquarium was pretty cool but not worth the price. There was a tube through the tank that allowed the kids to go through to see the things closer and was able to pet a few things. They also enjoyed the outside play area. If you are in the city with kids, this is definitely a place to go!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank msannat

• Korean first
Austin, Texas
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Wonderful for all ages”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Cool place, a favorite for our kids (12-15 years old). Good for an entire day with easy come and go access for low ticket price of just $12. Food and drinks are available but attraction prices. Lockers available but hidden behind ticket area!

1 Thank kdschielke
Vandalia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent for Kids”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Great place to take your children/grandchildren. A lot of interesting things to see including relics/artwork. Very crowded and loud with a lot of screaming/running children.

1 Thank Cristina H
Des Moines, Iowa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Greatest Kids Place Ever!!”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

My kids were on cloud 9 and can't stop talking about this place. (5 and 7 years old) I have taken my kids to many places across the country the last 3 years and this place was the most unique and fun of all. I wouldn't take kids 4 years old and under there, in my opinion. (a lot of climbing and see through high-heights). My daughter is 5 and not that graceful and she was able to do almost everything just fine. In my opinion, any kid between 5 and 12 will find it their favorite place of all time. Although, I did see many teenagers there as well.
We spent 4 hours there and if it wasn't for the fact that my kids were physically exhausted, they would have wanted to stay all day. They would have been happy if we just went there everyday and skipped the other tourist spots.
I followed my kids everywhere and I had a blast. So many places to go and climb that its overwhelming at times. As a parent I would recommend dressing appropriately for physical activity. Also, take weather into account, since a good chunk of the adventure is outside. Lastly, have a good plan for your camera and phone, since there are so many good photo ops but also so many ways to drop your devices 50 feet or destroy it another way.
This is a must for every child. You will find nothing like this anywhere else.

1 Thank jeff l
3 attraction reviews
“Above expectations”
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

We went to the museum today and were greatly impressed with how many things there are to do. At first I thought that the price was a little high but once you see all of the displays and how many staff members, it's understandable. We had a great time and crawled all over the place.
We didn't ride the ferris wheel on the roof though it looks cool.