“Really improved food”

Neighbourhood: Downtown
Neighbourhood: Downtown
“Really improved food”
Reviewed 20 February 2013

I have been going to Flannery's for a few years now, but they have recently made a new menu and have really hit it out of the park. It used to be you would go there for good bar food, great beer selection, nice atmosphere. Everything is the same except it has great food now. I was very pleasently surprised. Also, they have added a ton of vegetarian and vegan options. I had the vegetarian alfredo which had mushrooms and other veggies in it. For an appetizer we had the veggie quesadilla, which was amazing. The boy had beef stew which was really good. I really recommend this bar for anyone. Still has a great beer selection too.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank 598Storm598

“I Love the food!”
Reviewed 21 December 2012

Flannery's is a great place to have a Happy Hour with co-workers if you just want to relax, have a drink and eat some good food after work. Especially with their happy hour special buy one appetizer get one free they even have buy one drink get one free. Sometimes their service lacks. Everytime I go, my server seems to drift off especially when I need another drink lol. Other than that I like them. Really good Hotwings and Chicken strips.

• Visited December 2012
“Great Irish Pub”
Reviewed 27 November 2012

My boyfriend and I have been there a couple of times. They have a new and improved menu, which is great. The last time we went, we got an appetizer platter, which is a lot of food. I got a turkey burger and side of broccoli, which was very yummy and filling. I actually can't remember what he got. They have an extensive beer list, service is friendly, prices reasonable. Good bar food, lots of TV's for sports fans.

• Visited November 2012
Evansville, Indiana
“Fun place to hang out :)”
Reviewed 5 November 2012

I went there to meet up with an old friend, and the menu was huge! It was hard to choose exactly what I wanted. I saw that it was a little pricey but not much as to an average restaurant. The food was ok, but it was mostly the fun atmosphere that kept us there. Portions are big but the food was only so so, So for the price of the food was not worth it. I will say because I had a good time, I would go again, and give it one more try. I would love to go back and have a couple drinks there :)

• Visited November 2012
Decatur, Illinois
“Fun Irish Bar”
Reviewed 30 August 2012

Entering Flannery's you are greeted by a room of high wooden tables and chairs and about twenty flat screens filled with every kind of sporting event you can imagine.

The beer here is cold, the wings are hot, and the crowd is noisy, especially if there is a Cardinal game on the screens. There is a wide variety of food on the menu...a variety of burgers, chicken and sandwiches. On this visit I choose corned-beef hash. I don't know why...it just sounded good. Good it was....with warm chunks of potato balanced with strips of corned beef, garnished with spears of onion greens. Excellent hash, with an unexpectedly eclectic presentation.

Flannery's is all that is to be expected at a Washington Avenue sports bar with a few surprises thrown in!

Visited August 2012