“Great Cake” 5 of 5 bubbles

Neighbourhood: The Hill
Powersite
“Great Cake”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

They made the cake for my grandson's baptism. Wonderful flavor and texture. Excellent! --- and that's coming from a cake decorator.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank ashtobmom

Saint Louis, Missouri
“One of these words is not like the others!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

Stopped by here on my way to another place, but it was so worth the small delay! I had the coconut snowball and it was delicious! It is a lot, so you may want to share with someone you love. (I didn't, but you may want to!) Light, fluffy, cake surrounded by homemade marshmallow icing and toasted coconut. Not the little, wimpy coconut either. It looked hand cut and toasting it really brought out the full tropical flavor!

I couldn't pronounce 'Sfogliatelle', so I ate it instead! 'Sfogliatelle' (s-fo-ya-teya) means "small, thin leaves/layers, because the pastry's texture resembles stacked leaves. It is shaped like a clam! The crust was really interesting. Crispy, crunchy, sweet and a slight orange essence. I didn't really like the inside though. It was tasty, but I'm not a big fan of ricotta.

I have never been disappointed here, except the time I forgot to bring cash!! Don't leave home without it! (cash that is.)

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank LC95
Jefferson City, MO
“Excellent Baked Goods”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

This is a place far off the beaten path where only those who really know the Hill know about. It has some of the best baked goods you're likely to find in St. Louis. They make Cuchidati, Italian Cream Cake, various flavored pound cakes, strawberry cakes, pineapple cakes filled with whipped cream, and of course, cannoli that is to die for. We had the cannoli and the tira mi su. Each was wonderful in its own right. My wife liked the cuchidati so well she told me I couldn't have any. It was all hers! If you're in town for lunch try Charlie Gittos for lunch, but save room for a cannoli from the Missouri Baking Company. You'll be darned glad you did!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank DeWitt65101
“Gooey Butter Cake”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

Our last day in St Louis and we hadn't tried the Gooey Butter Cake yet which was recommended in several articles I read. Fortunately we noticed Missouri Baking Company after we had lunch at Zia's. We bought the cake and they were kind enough to wrap it up so I could carry it on the airplane. It was in great shape when we got home and we enjoyed a piece of it - delicious. My husband is bring the rest to his office to share with his friends so they can experience the Gooey Butter Cake too.

1 Thank Terry B
Elkhart, Indiana
“Yummy for my tummy!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

I love this place? I bought a whole Key Lime Pie, a dozen cookies, 2 cupcakes and a couple of muffins. I thought for sure my bill would be at least $40 bucks but to my surprise my bill was only $26. Goodies goodies goodies!

Visited March 2014