“Really lovely hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Really lovely hotel”
Reviewed 22 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 1 night in November. Left our car with the valet and check in was great. The man who checked us in, David, was really helpful. We were asked our preference for room and we asked for upstairs... When asked if we preferred to be closer to the elevator and we said we didn't mind, we didn't expect such a long walk from the elevator! We were room 1693 and it felt far away but was well worth it when we had a great view of the arch from our window.. ! The bed was huge and one of the most comfortable I've ever slept in. Would definitely stay again if we were in St. Louis but found the parking to be overpriced...

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Hyatt-MGMT, Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this review, 24 November 2013
Hello queenofhearts12350! Thank you so very much for your 4-star review!! It was our pleasure to have you staying with us, and we are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay! Thank you so much for your comments about David, I can assure you that we will pass these along to him! If you are ever traveling back to St. Louis, we hope that you will choose to stay with us again. Please contact me at chris.carter@hyatt.com if you need anything!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (706)
  • Korean first
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I stayed at the Hyatt this past weekend, the 16 and 17 of November. The hotel itself was amazing and the staff was wonderful. My room had an amazing view of the arch and everything was great, until about 3 am in the morning. There were these people on my floor, I have no idea what they were doing, but at 3:20 i heard two men arguing in the hallway. They continued to get louder, I called security and they came up. I thought that the problem was solved. Tried to go back to sleep, could not go back to sleep. Got up and went downstairs to get something out of the vending machine. Came back, went to get some ice and they were back at it again. Someone else on the floor end up calling and security came back up. All together they came up about 3 times for the same room. Needless to say I was up for the rest of the night, sleep was completely broken. I checked out early because I was so frustrated at the situation and it was my birthday weekend. Too much money to be inconvenienced that early in the morning.

Room Tip: 15th Floor
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Hyatt-MGMT, Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Hello Crystel C! Thank you for your 4-star review! We are pleased that you enjoyed the hotel, however must also apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with other nearby guests! We do appreciate your feedback, and it has been shared with our security department in an effort to improve our overall service and tranquility in the hotel. I hope that should your travels bring you back to the area, you contact me directly at chris.carter@hyatt.com, so I can be sure to assist you in having a more enjoyable stay!
Rockport, Texas
Reviewed 19 November 2013

After reading some of the reviews and seeing that Chris had kindly shared his email address, I wrote with concerns about noise in the halls. He wrote back immediately asking for my exact concerns and preferences. Knowing that, he placed me at the end of a hall - I did not mind the hike at all, and I slept better than I do at home! The room was lovely and the views are stunning (ask for arch view). Further, I've never seen a more friendly and accommodating hotel staff. They are doing something right there.

Room Tip: Ask for an arch-view room away from the elevators.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Hello travelingdogwoman! Thank you so much for your incredible 5-star review! It was truly our pleasure to be able to assist you during and prior to your stay, and we truly hope you will visit again soon. As you know, I am more than happy to assist you with anything, so please contact me directly at chris.carter@hyatt.com if you need anything at all!
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Beautiful hotel located at the base of the Arch. Rooms are very clean and comfortable. Meeting rooms are nice and food is delicious. Especially liked the afternoon snacks- nuts, dried fruit and chocolates. Staff was efficient and pleasant. Hotel is walking distance from the Metro for those flying in.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a room with a view of the arch!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Hyatt-MGMT, Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Hello Mpsghs2! Thank you for your stellar 5-star review and for choosing to stay with us! We are also happy to hear that you enjoyed so many of the aspects which make our hotel one of a kind! Please let me know if there is ever anything I can do for you in the future! Contact me at chris.carter@hyatt.com
Antioch CA
Reviewed 18 November 2013

The Hyatt is in the perfect location in Downtown located directly across the street from the arch, old courthouse, and Western Expansion Museum. Also within walking distance of Busch Stadium, Edward Jones Dome, And Scottrade Center. The hotel has a couple restaurants on site as well as a Starbucks. The person who checked us in was very nice and asked what kind of room we preferred, as well gave us tips about the area. A lot of rooms offer at least a partial view of the arch. Rooms may be small but have a lot of amenities such as mini fridges. We paid just 3 bucks for overnight parking at a self park lot just a block away to save money.

Room Tip: room might be a long walk from elevator.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Hello Aaron S! Thank you for your awesome 5-star review! It was our pleasure to welcome you, and we sincerely hope to do so again! Please let me know if your travels ever bring you back to the area! Contact me at chris.carter@hyatt.com
Greenwood, Indiana, United States
Reviewed 18 November 2013

We stayed at the Hyatt Regency St Louis at The Arch for a Saturday/Sunday in November 2013. The hotel is directly across from the Arch, within walking distance, which was why we chose this hotel. The staff was attentive, the lobby spacious and quite fancy.
The hotel has a few eating establishments on the property, including Ruth Chris's Steak House. However, we didn't eat at any of them due to the high prices (which is normal for restaurants in hotels). There are a few places to eat within walking distance (if you like to walk and the weather is good), though it seems like quite a few of the local businesses are closed on the weekends.
I had requested a room with a view of the Arch when I made my reservation over the phone. Somewhere along the line, that information was lost and when we checked in they had no more rooms with the Arch view, which was very, very disappointing. Instead we upgraded our room to have a junior suite with a "city view". The city view was actually just looking down on the Crowne Plaza entrance and a couple of alley type streets. Not much of a view and certainly not worth paying extra for. The clerk who checked us in said the junior suite is one of the nicest rooms in the hotel, so we expected great things when we headed upstairs. Compared to suites at other Hyatt's we have stayed at, this one was disappointing. The decor was rather blah. The room had a king bed in a separate area (no doors to the bedroom area and no real privacy provided by the room layout) and a tv for the bedroom area. The living area had one chair, a small couch that had a pullout (aka lumpy) bed in it, and a second tv. Really though, the set up is so small, with no real separation, that having 2 tv's is a waste. If one person is watching it, everyone hears it. If you want to watch 2 tv's you have to have the same show on or no one will be able to hear either lol.
The bathroom was adequate and clean. When we pulled the sheets down on the king bed there were several loooooong black hairs between the inner sheets. That kind of grossed me out.

Room Tip: Get an arch view room.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Hello Wendy S! Thank you ever so much for your 4-star review! We appreciate the time it took to provide such detailed feedback and we would love the opportunity to ensure you have a spectacular view of your choosing if you are ever returning to our property! Please contact me at chris.carter@hyatt.com if you would like me to assist you with this!
Washington, DC
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Stayed at the Hyatt for a 4-day Conference. This hotel received my "excellent" rating because of the customer service. It amazes me how far a "hello, what I can do to help you?" from the front desk to the housekeeping to the food staff to the Business Center. The service is really surprisingly top-notch and I would be happy to return should there ever be a chance.

My only critic is not with the hotel, but with what is around the hotel. I did not find a lot of solid eateries within walking distance. Although, I would recommend the addictive fish tacos at the Hilton roof top. Very few chains and even fewer foodie havens. It reminds me of your typical downtown where there is plenty going on during the day, but shuts down during the night. Taxi's are needed (and plentiful) to go any of the St. Louis eating joints.

If you are a Hyatt Gold member and have access to the Club Room, you'll probably won't even miss that there aren't very many food places to eat outside of the hotel. Paying a little extra to access the club room is worth it!

Room Tip: Pick one that has a view of the Arch and is close to the elevators (which are quiet). The floor lay...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Hello TrackingMileage! Thank you for your great 5-Star review! We appreicate you taking the time to share about the details of your stay and hope that you will come back and see us soon! Please contact me at chris.carter@hyatt.com if you ever need anything!