“Worn and dull. Nothing special.”

Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch
Ranked #17 of 121 Hotels in Saint Louis
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 26 November 2013

This is an average hotel with a good location. For a Hyatt it's worn down and the decor is rather dull. It's clean and the restaurants are great but you won't feel like your spoiled or in a fancy place. No ice bucket but the room has the standard stuff; iron, coffee maker, safe, refrigerator but watch out for the charge for bottled water. What is so wrong with providing .30 worth of water for your guest!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Hyatt-MGMT, Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Ty B thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback on your recent stay with us. I apologize that you did not fully enjoy your stay with us and I have passed your comments on to our housekeeping management! If you find yourself traveling through St. Louis again please feel free to contact me at chris.carter@hyatt.com.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

There is a lot to do within a few blocks of this hotel. It is a well maintained property, with a good staff. We stayed in a club level room, which wasn't much more, and included access to the club lounge. The lounge offers daily breakfast, hot and cold choices, and very good Italian coffee. Evening service is really a light dinner, with inexpensive cocktails and wine.

Room Tip: The club level is worth the up charge.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Hyatt-MGMT, Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Hello rusty1014 ! Thank you for your 4-Star review!! We are very happy that you were able to experience our Regency Club lounge, which truly is a great value! Please let me know if you are ever returning to our hotel in the future! Contact me at chris.carter@hyatt.com

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Close to the Arch. Walking distance from the train stop which takes you all the way to the airport. Also walking distance from the baseball stadium. There's a Ruth's Chris in the lobby of the hotel, meaning you have a great dinner without ever leaving the location.

All reasons to stay here.

The drawbacks--that the hotel seems creaky, with elevators intermittent, furnishings and carpet beat down by use, and a staff that seems overworked--are slight in comparison to the alternatives, which are few. The other business class or luxury spots in the Hyatt's range are even more mediocre--yes, Hilton, I am talking to you. So stay at the Hyatt--but rent a car to get around town, as taxis are sparse and expensive and you'll get bored quickly of the riverside downtown area. And you'll be able to drive to places like the Shaved Duck for tasty BBQ and the huge city park area.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Hello coolbreezewingtips! Thank you for your 4-Star review! We are pleased that you chose to stay with us, and that you took the time to provide your feedback. We are always working to improve our products and services, so we truly value your insights! Please let me know if you ever need anything in the future! Contact me at chris.carter@hyatt.com Thanks!

Reviewed 24 November 2013

We stayed here while in town for the St Louis Half Marathon. Let me say - that weekend St Louis was a complete ZOO. People were in town for the race, the World Series, and the Rams were playing Monday Night Football. There was a few minutes wait to check in - but considering how many people were there it was really quick. They had plenty of people behind the front desk, and another employee standing out in front 'directing traffic' which really kept things moving.

Room was very clean and comfortable. We had a nice view of the Arch.

On premises is a great brewhouse with good food, and a Starbucks. There are a couple of other dining options but we didn't check them out.

Plenty of other dining options and things to do within walking distance. It's also a few blocks from the train which goes directly to the airport. I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Hyatt-MGMT, Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Hello NashvilleBrandy! Thank you for your 5-Star review! We truly appreciate that you shared your feedback about your stay duing one of the busiest weekends of the year! We are pleased that we were able to exceed your expectations. Please let me know if we can ever assist you in the future, or should you be coming back to the area at any point! Contact me at chris.carter@hyatt.com

Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

The hotel is ok. It was clean and in a good area. When we checked in, Jamie was pretty unfriendly and then she refused to change our rate despite the rate for that night being significantly less than what we paid. Daryl, though, was very helpful at the concierge desk. The rooms were nice. The Brewhouse on the ground floor was a good spot for dinner.

Stayed: November 2013

Hello Brian O! Thank you very much for your 4-Star review! I am sorry to hear that our staff was not able to assist you with your request at check-in! You can rest assured we will research this, and ensure this is addressed for our future guests! Please let me know if you are ever returning and I can assist you in making a reservation! Contact me at chris.carter@hyatt.com!

Reviewed 22 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 1 night in November. Left our car with the valet and check in was great. The man who checked us in, David, was really helpful. We were asked our preference for room and we asked for upstairs... When asked if we preferred to be closer to the elevator and we said we didn't mind, we didn't expect such a long walk from the elevator! We were room 1693 and it felt far away but was well worth it when we had a great view of the arch from our window.. ! The bed was huge and one of the most comfortable I've ever slept in. Would definitely stay again if we were in St. Louis but found the parking to be overpriced...

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Hyatt-MGMT, Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2013

Hello queenofhearts12350! Thank you so very much for your 4-star review!! It was our pleasure to have you staying with us, and we are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay! Thank you so much for your comments about David, I can assure you that we will pass these along to him! If you are ever traveling back to St. Louis, we hope that you will choose to stay with us again. Please contact me at chris.carter@hyatt.com if you need anything!

Reviewed 19 November 2013

I stayed at the Hyatt this past weekend, the 16 and 17 of November. The hotel itself was amazing and the staff was wonderful. My room had an amazing view of the arch and everything was great, until about 3 am in the morning. There were these people on my floor, I have no idea what they were doing, but at 3:20 i heard two men arguing in the hallway. They continued to get louder, I called security and they came up. I thought that the problem was solved. Tried to go back to sleep, could not go back to sleep. Got up and went downstairs to get something out of the vending machine. Came back, went to get some ice and they were back at it again. Someone else on the floor end up calling and security came back up. All together they came up about 3 times for the same room. Needless to say I was up for the rest of the night, sleep was completely broken. I checked out early because I was so frustrated at the situation and it was my birthday weekend. Too much money to be inconvenienced that early in the morning.

Room Tip: 15th Floor
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Hyatt-MGMT, Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Hello Crystel C! Thank you for your 4-star review! We are pleased that you enjoyed the hotel, however must also apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with other nearby guests! We do appreciate your feedback, and it has been shared with our security department in an effort to improve our overall service and tranquility in the hotel. I hope that should your travels bring you back to the area, you contact me directly at chris.carter@hyatt.com, so I can be sure to assist you in having a more enjoyable stay!