“New Years Eve Gala” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Macomb, il
“New Years Eve Gala”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

My wife and I purchased a New Years eve package at the Hyatt, including the additional stay the night before. The package included a choice of two buffets on and an open bar New Years Eve. Music was provided by three bands in two ballrooms. Attendance was over 2,000 people. I rate the entire event as very good. The room was large and ok except the edges of the carpets needed to be vacuumed in the rooms and the hall. The food was good and liquor quality and service were top notch. The three bands provided varied and excellent music with "Smash" being the best. The ballrooms had adequate seating and dance floors. Most notable was the staff at the hotel which was very professional and friendly. Would consider it again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hyatt-MGMT, Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
Hello Bruce B! Thank you so much for your 4-star review! It was our pleasure to again host such a fantastic New Years Eve event, and we are very pleased that you enjoyed it! Whether you are considering attending next year, or staying with us any time in between, please contact me at chris.carter@hyatt.com if I may assist you in any way!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (680)
  • Korean first
Patchogue, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

Recently stayed for 6 nights while visiting. Location is excellent. Directly across from Arch, short walk to casino, several restaurants within walking distance. Staff very good and helpful. Room clean , well cared for, although slightly small. Luxurious bath and great toiletries. Small but important detail was the fast elevators.
Had the business plan which included breakfast. Buffett was simple and good. Omelet station chief was outstanding keeping things moving. He could play SS for the Cardinals. One of the best I've seen. Meats could have been kept warmer.
Like most hotels, they charge for extras(WIFI, valet parking). Both services good. Only glitch was business plan included paper to room and daily bottle of water. Neither happened. Didn't go to complain when I was there so "my bad" they weren't provided.
Would return to hotel for next stay in STL.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Hyatt-MGMT, Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Hello GWW! Thank you so much for your 4-star review! We are happy that you chose to stay with us for such an extended stay! My apologies that your newspaper was not delivered on a consistent basis! This has been addressed with our delivery staff! Please let me know if you are ever returning, and I would be more than happy to assist you in any way! Contact me at chris.carter@hyatt.com!
Carbondale, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014

I stayed at this hotel for New Years party with 3 other friends. Checked in on 12/31/2013 and Checked out on 1/3/2014. We stayed in rooms with 2 double beds on the 7th floor with the breakfast plan.

New Years party: Really good. Smash band was my favorite!! Open bar and food was nice.

The room : It was ok. It felt a little bit outdated. Carpet was torn down and edges around the bottoms of the beds were dusty.

Breakfast at the Red restaurant: TERRIBLE!! The waitress did not know what she was doing. I asked which menu items were included in our bed and breakfast rate and she said everything was covered. I ordered a frittata and 2 other people got the buffet. I had to wait for my food more than 30 minutes because a trainee was making it (according to the waitress). It came out and it was nothing like a frittata - extremely greasy and not fluffy at all. The buffet did not have much of a selection and the food was not good - brown bananas, cold sausage. The two people in our party who ate the buffet had upset stomachs not long after.

After finishing eating, our waitress brought our receipt and she said it would be deleted when we checked out. Well, during check out, we found out you can only order buffet with the breakfast plan. The people in the restaurant should know that. The front desk clerk reluctantly removed the charges for the non-buffet items.

The services : The 3rd night when we came back, the room keys were disabled. Not only 1 but all 4 cards were unable to open the rooms. I talked with the clerk at the front desk. He called somewhere and got some clarifications. He gave us new cards but, according to him, the reason why all cards were disabled was that we must have placed them next to our phones.

Overall : I will never go back to the hotel because of the services that they have. I was expecting high quality service even though the room was not a perfect. If you are looking for top class hotel, I would not recommend it. It's more on par with lower level hotels like a Best Western or Comfort Inn.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank yuko g
Hyatt-MGMT, Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Hello yuko g! Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback in regards to your stay. I am very sorry that we fell short in meeting your expectations! It is clearly not typical to experience this number of issues during ones stay with us. I would welcome the opportunity to ensure your satisfaction should you ever be traveling back to St. Louis in the future! Please contact me directly at chris.carter@hyatt.com if I may assist you, or should you wish to discuss anything further!
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for our anniversary...what a great stay. This may have very well been the best hotel with the best amenities in the nation. Jessica, at the front desk, provided wirld class customer service and was very attentive to our needs. Ask for her if she is available. The views were awesome and the hotel is extremely clean and modern. If you are St Louis this a must stsy!!!

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank WMHARBOR
Hello WMHARBOR! Thank you for your fantastic 5-Star review! We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience, as well as your comments about Jessica! I will be sure that she hears about this! Please contact me if you ever need anything in the future! Chris.carter@hyatt.com
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

Good location and nice, clean, modern rooms for a quick trip to St. Louis. The room and bathroom were spacious and had everything I needed. Loved having a view of the arch right outside my window! It was also very nice to have a FexEx-Kinkos in the hotel as well for some mailing needs I had. The Brewhouse and Starbucks in the lobby were convenient for dinner/morning coffee and breakfast .

My only small complaint is that I needed concierge, package delivery and room service a few times and each time took an excruciatingly long time. A package that was promised within 30 minutes took 4 hours and several follow up calls to the bellman.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Hyatt-MGMT, Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
Hello Elizabeth0523! Thank you very much for your 5-Star review! It was our pleasure to welcome you! I must apologize that the delivery of your packages was not immediate, and we will have spoken with the appropriate departments to rectify this issue! If you are ever returning to the hotel, please dont hesistate to contact me if I may assist you in any way! Contact me at chris.carter@hyatt.com!
Kenosha, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014

Very pleased with the property and staff. The hotel is in an awesome location - right across from the Arch, and easy access to the downtown area. Hotel check in was extremely efficient and quick. Plenty of restaurants on the property, beautiful lobby and extremely affordable. I am so impressed with this hotel, for the price that we paid, it is an unbelievable value. A couple of things to note: 1. We were there just for a night, so there was no reason to pay for the Wi-Fi - it is an extra charge. 2. We used the Valet Parking for $28. Seemed a little pricey to me, but it was better than the alternative - a free parking garage 2 blocks from the hotel. The Valet Service was very attentive and a well run organization. 3. Ask for rooms away from the center of the hotel - the elevator area is quite noisy. We were down a hallway and towards the end of the hallway - it was very quiet. 4. This hotel has great deals in connection with the Cardinals, and in general had great deals. 5. Awesome toiletries. Great amenities. 6. Stay out of the mini - bar, it is expensive. It appears that the hotel offers a great price because all of the extra's cost so much money. I would stay there again, and I would strongly recommend that anyone going to Downtown or the Arch stay there - it is convenient, safe, and a great atmosphere.

Room Tip: Stay away from the center of the hotel near the elevators. I would ask for a room higher up and eit...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Crnttraveler
Hyatt-MGMT, Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
Hello Crnttraveler! Thank you very much for your 5-Star Review! Your detailed account of our property and all we offer was wonderful! Please let us know if you are ever returning and we may assist with anything at all! Contact me at chris.carter@hyatt.com!
Quincy, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

The stay with as ok. Chose this place based on its downtown location. For the pros: location, access, service, and breakfast buffet were all good and above average. Rooms were nice size, bed comfy, and bathroom was nice. Cons: valet service at checkout was the most convoluted, confused process I have ever experienced. You had to take an elevator down to parking garage, where there were 4-5 valets standing around, and give ticket to supervisor guy who then handed it off to next valet in line.

Also, it's a huge hotel so prepared to have a long walk from elevator to room. Overall, it was an ok or average stay.

• Stayed December 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Hello Tim P! Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I was sorry to hear that our Valet parking was difficult for you during your stay. Please let me know when you are returning to the hotel so that I may assist you in making this a smoother process! Contact me at chris.carter@hyatt.com