“Returning Guest!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Rapid City, South Dakota
“Returning Guest!”
Reviewed 5 February 2014

This hotel will serve any need you may have. I will be returning here for my 7th stay (typically just for a night or two), this time for Mardi Gras. Parking isn't cheap, but I don't expect it to be when staying at any hotel in any city. The rooms are always very clean, the beds are always comfortable, and the staff has always been friendly to me. This was the first Hyatt I stayed in and whenever I travel I often look to see if they have a Hyatt first, or request my company puts me in a Hyatt if there is one near to where I am working.

The location of this hotel is good enough for a recommendation in itself. The bar and restaurants are always fun, and generally have a decent crowd. I typically start my evenings out or afternoons at the park here. You can easily walk to the stadium, the Landing, or the Lumiere, but we have also easily gotten taxi's or shuttles from here also. You can get this hotel for VERY cheap for what it's worth during downtimes (no games, not mardi gras, etc) but it's worth what they typically charge even when it's very busy.

The entrance is small and on a fairly busy street, so be careful, but overall this is a great hotel to fit any of your needs. They generally offer fairly reasonable upgrades. I recommend it and the Hyatt in general, and guarantee you will enjoy your stay.

Room Tip: Yes, you can get great views of the Arch, but if you're getting a room for a view of the arch, y...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank CodeForSomething
Hyatt-MGMT, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this review, 14 February 2014
CodeForSomething, Thank you for your five star review! I have shared your responses with our staff. Let us know next time you will be staying with us!

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (723)
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Stayed here during a business conference for 3 nights. The hotel and conference services were excellent. The property is well-maintained and the staff was excellent. Both restaurants in the hotel as well as their room service were very good.

The rooms were very clean and comfortable.

The best part of the hotel is it's proximity to the Arch, which is across the street and can be seen by almost all west-facing rooms. Highly recommended if you need to stay in St. Louis

Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank dustinthill
Hyatt-MGMT, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this review, 2 February 2014
dustinhill, Thank you for taking the time to let us know of your positive experience with us! We all work very hard and it is always appreciated to see our guests enjoying themselves. I have shared your comments with the members of our staff! Please let us know next time you will be traveling through St. Louis!

Summerville, South Carolina
Reviewed 30 January 2014

I was here for 7 nights and was very impressed. There was staff every where and everyone of them were super friendly and very willing to help. The view from our room was amazing. Looking out the window we were looking at the Arch and the Mississippi River. My only not so good comment has to do with the softness of our bed. It was very clean room though and maybe I am just to use to my super soft bed at home...;-) We had a dinner event on 18th floor and it was a great dinner with amazing views. Very nice outdoor patio with wonderful heaters. This hotel also has many different places to have drinks and/or eat. Ruth Chris steak house, Brewhouse, and Red. We ate and had drinks at all three and were very impressed. If you have the choice, stay on a high floor, which gives you amazing views. Pay the extra money and enjoy the club/lounge on the 17th floor. We went for many walks and there are a Lot of other places to eat, from fancy to dives. This hotel is also with in walking distance to the football stadium and the baseball field. There are not many stores for shopping within walking distance, but there are lots of available taxis and cabs. With in walking distance is the Court house and the Arch with the museum underneath it. There are a lot of other hotels close by and we visited them, but was not any where as impressed as we were with this Hyatt. If you are having the chance to visit St. Louis, this hotel is the place to stay. Great job to staff and management for running a wonderful hotel.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 1585
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Hyatt-MGMT, Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this review, 2 February 2014
CDNisbet, Thank you for your five star review! Your words were very kind and we are glad that you were able to enjoy your stay with us! I have shared your comments with our staff memebers. Please let us know next time you will be traveling though St. Louis.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Nice hotel with a great location by the St Louis arch which is a quick walk RIGHT across the street. The hotel looks to be updated and the rooms were comfortable and fresh. The staff was friendly. The prices in the gift and sundry store were sky high...kind of like the arch! There're is a nice cafe and a brew pub on the lobby level and the food was tasty but a tad pricey. It is a walk to many local eateries. Washington St has many options if the weather permits a nice walk. Cab service to restaurants was easier than finding one to bring us back to the hotel.

Room Tip: Many rooms have a lovely view of the arch and downtown. Ask at the desk when checking in.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Hyatt-MGMT, Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this review, 30 January 2014
BookChic, Thank you for your positive review from your recent stay with us! We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay wtih us, please let us know next time you will be staying in St. Louis!

Pekin, Illinois
Reviewed 26 January 2014

My brother and I stayed at the Hyatt during the Cardinal Winter Warmup, and, per usual, our stay was excellent. We were there for 3 nights, had an oversize double room with separate vanity areas, which is convenient for morning showering. We've stayed there enough that the valets recognized us, Mike the world's greatest bellman hugged us and took care of our needs. Andrea, and Keith, are the best in Guest Services, they made sure our stay was great, and Andrea even threw in a perk for the Brewhouse. It really feels like we stay with family when we come here, but better! This hotel is our number 1 option when we travel to STL, the staff works hard to earn our business. Plus, with Starbucks in the hotel, it's almost possible to never leave the facility. I highly recommend this Hyatt, it's location is perfect for downtown, and the staff is top notch.

Room Tip: Try to get an extended double, it's a lot roomier.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Sritchason, Thank you for your five star review! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please let us know next time you will be staying with us again!

Pueblo, Colorado
Reviewed 22 January 2014

First of all I am a travel agent and I typically only stay at hotels that offer travel agent rates. I get great rates at Marriotts and that's usually where I stay. Hyatt does offer some good travel agent rates at times so when we can't find a Marriott that fits what we want we often will look for a Hyatt. We were driving home to CO from OH and stopped for 1 night in St Louis. My wife and I are not overly picky regarding our hotel rooms. We understand that life isn't perfect and that mistakes do happen. That being said here's my review.

Arrival for 1st night
We arrived at the hotel around late afternoon. They are right by the Arch and the views are beautiful. I did not want to pay their $28 per day valet parking cost so they very helpfully gave me directions to a self park garage 1 block away that was just $3 dollars per day. I helped my wife and daughter get unloaded, checked us in, then sent them to the room while I parked our car.

When I arrived at the room my wife was sitting on the bed holding our daughter and nothing was unpacked. I asked why and she pointed out the dirty floor (lots of little pieces of dirt for our 9 month old daughter to eat) and the pair of dirty underwear in the corner near the door. The dirty floor we would probably normally overlook. However our daughter is in the crawl and eat everything stage... so it really bugged us. The underwear however are just sort of gross. I headed downstairs and informed the front desk of the dirty laundry in our room. They were extremely apologetic (I was not harsh at all... like I said I understand things happen) and promptly moved us to a corner King Suite room. They also said they would give us a $100 credit. I did not inquire any further about the credit as I was tired from a days driving and really just wanted a shower and bed.

We moved down to this corner King Suite. It was very very nice... however the floor again wasn't the cleanest. However we were gracious for the upgrade and extra space in our room. We spent the night there planning on heading out in the morning for Colorado.

We woke up to a very heavy snow. Turned out it was a blizzard. We decided to just spend a second night rather than try to drive through the blizzard. I went ahead and booked another night at the travel agent rate and went downstairs to sort things out since my rate was for a regular room and we were in a suite. I did ask if we couldn't just stay in the same room since we didn't feel like moving. They said unfortunately they can't since my rate is for a regular room. I said I understood and that's fine we'll just move rooms. He put us in a room that wasn't to overly far from our current room.

After we had moved all of our things to our new room (floor was once again a bit dirty) I went downstairs to check out of our old room. They told me the total and I inquired about the credit I was told I would have. They didn't show anything on the computer and didn't know anything about it. I explained to them what happened and they went ahead and only charged me around $10 for my room the previous night. It didn't end up being a $100 credit but I was still very happy with the small amount I had to pay.

We were very happy with our room for the second night and everything went very good. We headed out in the morning after the snow was over and made it safely home that evening.

Now regarding the dirty floors... I want to just point out that the only reason we would make a deal about that is because of our 9 month old daughter who would like to clean those floors for them (with her mouth). If it was just my wife and I the floors could be a bit dirty and I would have never noticed.

The hotel itself really is magnificent. They have 2 floors dedicated to conventions/events. Since we spent an entire day we weren't planning to there we got to do a fair amount of exploring. My daughter and I pretty much checked out all there was to check out. Workers at this hotel were extremely friendly and accommodating (allowed us to play on a piano in one of the ball rooms which my daughter loved). We did enjoy our stay here and we wouldn't hesitate to stay again.

Lastly during my exploration of the hotel I think I found out why the floors may not get as clean as they should. My daughter and I headed up to the top floor to check out the outdoor area up there. I came upon a room that had a cleaning cart propping the door open about 1/3 of the way. I had a clear view in the room and the cleaning lady was asleep on the couch. In all my stays at hotels that was definitely a first.

So I give this hotel 4 out of 5. The staff is top notch in their relations with customers. The cleaning service doesn't seem to do as good a job as I think they could. Like I said I often stay at Marriotts and they tend to be very clean. The cost (even without my travel agent discount) is very reasonable. Great restaurants in the hotel (Ruth Chris Steakhouse/ Starbucks/ Brewhouse Pub). Beautiful hotel to explore. Walking distance to the Arch.

Room Tip: Some rooms tend to be very far from the elevator. If you don't like to walk far I'd ask for...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Hyatt-MGMT, Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
Honda3speed, Thank you for taking the time to review our property! I was happy to see that overall you enjoyed your stay with us. I did want to sincerly apologize for the cleanliness issues that you occured throughout your stay. It is unacceptable to have the issues that occured throughout your stay. Please feel free to contact me prior to your next stay in St. Louis!

knoxville
Reviewed 20 January 2014

We were impressed with the size of the rooms, speedy check in, onsite amenities and outstanding concierge service. Andrea, in particular really helped make our weekend a success. The fitness center was great. Easy to get cab service or walk to games, restaurants and sightseeing. Only drawback was chaotic valet service, but a huge event going on at the hotel contributed to that problem. We will definitely stay at this Hyatt again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 10kin
10kin, Thank you for your positive review of our hotel! I was glad to see you enjoyed your stay and look forward to hosting you again in the future. Please let us know next time you are traveling through St. Louis!