“Excellent hotel, even better location!”

Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch
Ranked #17 of 121 Hotels in Saint Louis
GreenLeadersSilver level
Pittsburg, Kansas, United States
“Excellent hotel, even better location!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

When you book this hotel, you're booking it for the location. You are literally just steps from the Gateway Arch and the old courthouse. But it's more than the location. This is a lovely hotel. The staff is quite friendly and helpful. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. We booked a king room with an Arch view, and wow ... what a view it was!!! There may be nicer hotels in St. Louis, but I'd venture to say none puts you this close to that beautiful Arch!

Room Tip: Get a room with a view of the Arch! It's so incredibly neat to look out the window and see that...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Brett D
Hyatt-MGMT, Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Brett D, thank you for your positive review of your recent stay with us! I have shared your feedback with the members of our staff and everyone was very excited to hear about your recent stay! Please let us know next time you are traveling through St. Louis!

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (691)
  • Korean first
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

I'm a platinum member of Hyatt so it's fair to say that I am partial to their properties. The Arch is one of my favorites because you walk right out of the hotel and the spacious park and Arch are steps away. The Arch never gets old and it's fun to just wander about looking at every angle. The hotel has all the amenities you need, restaurants, pubs, and the rooms are very nice. There is a bit of construction right now so be mindful when traveling to the area.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with the view of the Arch.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Craig B, Thank you for your five star review of your recent stay with us! We are always pleased to hear that our guests have had an enjoyable stay with us! Please let us know next time you are traveling through St. Louis!

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014

The Hyatt at the Arch has impeccable service and absolutely is the best value relative to other hotels within St. Louis. After 3 stays at the Hyatt at the Arch, I can say without a doubt that their excellent service is consistent and that they truly care about their customers.

First off, the location is great: if you want to have your room overlooking the Arch, ask for it and they'll do the best to accommodate you. There are dozens of restaurants within a stones-throw but I don't think you even need to leave the hotel; they have a Ruth's Chris and a Sports Bar - the Brewhouse - that both serve excellent food... the wings at brewhouse are awesome.

Rooms - spacious and you can tell that the cleaning service does a lot in order to make sure their rooms are up to Hyatt Standards. The rooms don't look particularly new, but they are immaculate... so no concern there.

The service is unbelievable. As a Diamond member, whenever I travel to a new Hyatt location, I rate the property's lounge, breakfast, and service. I give all of these 5 stars: the lounge serves great appetizers and overlooks the Arch, the breakfast in the lobby restaurant is absolutely the best spread I've seen at a Hyatt, and the Hyatt employees - from the front desk to the backoffice - treat you like a valued member of their program.

I look forward to staying with them again and would recommend this hotel to anyone who is traveling to St. Louis.

Room Tip: ask to be close to the lounge or overlook the arch
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Hyatt-MGMT, Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this review, 22 March 2014
Seth e, Thank you fro your five star review of your recent stay with us! We appreciate the positive comments and they certainly have been passed on to the members of our staff. Our staff members were very excited to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We are looking forward to your next stay with us!

Springfield IL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

Booked a room on Priceline at a very good rate. When I checked in, I asked if they had any smoking rooms. I was told that a limited number were available for a $40 surcharge. I thought this was a bit excessive, but I was willing to pay for the convenience, so no problem. I was told that my room would have a nice view of the Arch, and it did, but the outside of the windows were very dirty, which somewhat spoiled the view. The room itself was very spacious, and the bed was very comfortable. It was fairly clean, although the vents in the bathroom were dirty, and the tub had a chip out of it, and there were a few rust stains. For some reason, they use a very cheap grade of toilet paper. Also, when I went to make coffee in the morning, there were three packets of decaffeinated coffee, and no regular coffee.

The hotel is well situated downtown, and within easy walking distance of the Arch, Busch Stadium and other downtown attractions. It is not really convenient to the MetroLink, the nearest stops being 8th & Pine or Convention Center, each about six blocks away.

The staff was quite friendly and professional, and I have no major complaints about this hotel. I just think there are better places to stay in St. Louis.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Daver852, Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback from your recent stay with us. I wanted to sincerely apologize for the condition of your room and your concerns have been shared with the members of our staff. We use all guest feedback received to continuously improve the services that we provide at our hotel.Please let us know next time you will be traveling through St. Louis.

Allentown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

I stayed here while attending a meeting and it was fantastic. The hotel is conveniently located across the street from the Arch providing amazing views. The property has several great restaurants to eat in.The sleeping rooms are clean and comfortable. The full service Starbucks also added to the great experience at this property.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
JDannyC, thank you for your five star review of your recent stay with us! I have shred your feedback with our staff members and everyone was excited to hear about your experience at our hotel. Please let us know next time you will be traveling through St. Louis!

Kindly.
Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

We stayed here St. Patrick's Day weekend for a volleyball tournament at America's Center. After researching the parking situation, we decided to pull up to the 4th Street entrance, unload the car, and park in the Mansion House Garage. This is recommended on Hyatt's own website here:

I pulled up to the curb, left 3 teens in the car and ran in to get either a bellhop or a cart. Several minutes later, when I finally found one, I was somewhat shortly told we could not unload there, and they would not give me a cart. (Hello, it's right on your website to use the 4th Street entrance) This was 5pm on a Thursday, and I was forced to drive around the block, amidst construction and rush hour, to the other side of the hotel. The bellhops on this side were not super friendly, but I did get my car unloaded. I highly recommend the Mansion House Garage. We spent only $16 to park there for four days and it would have been over $100 at the hotel.

This hotel is just average and I found it dated, worn, and tired. The room was dark and small and the beds uncomfortable. Our room was not cleaned for the entire length of our stay. My teens did ask for the cleaning staff to not clean the first day, as they were napping, however, they did not ask them to stay away the entire 3 nights. I am always annoyed when I travel with my party of four and am given one tiny bottle of shampoo and conditioner. This covers only the girls in the party and the boys get to lather up their hair with bar soap. We did have a nice partial view of the arch and the court house.

We went to Red Kitchen one night with several from our group and had abysmal service. However, we had great service at both the Brewhouse and Red Bar.

The best thing about this property is definitely the location. You can walk anywhere downtown (America's Center, Busch Stadium, the Arch, many restaurants, LaClede's Landing)

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
ChristineLIllinois, I wanted to thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback from your recent stay with us. I wanted to sincerely apologize for the service you experienced at our hotel during your stay, that is unacceptable. We value all feedback received by our guests and it will be used to continuously improve the services that we provide at our hotel .Please contact us next time you will be traveling through St. Louis!

Maple Grove, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

This is a belated review of our stay last summer. We had a double deluxe room and it was huge! The sink area was so large that we actually fit the (free) rollaway in there. We were able to watch the parade from our window. There were several restaurants within walking distance, and the arch was right outside the door. I was impressed that security checked room keys during the concert and fireworks. Our only complaint was that the elevators malfunctioned after the fireworks and we had to wait over 1/2 hour to go upstairs. Also, all of the restaurants on site were closing, so there were limited dining options. We would love to go back and stay again. I appreciated the government discount for educators!

Room Tip: the double deluxe room fit our family of 5
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Hyatt-MGMT, Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
wendyc1970, thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback from your recent stay with us! I was very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us! I wanted to sincerely apologize for the elevator concerns during your stay. I have shared your feedback with our staff to continue to improve upon the services that are offered at our hotel. Please let us know next time you are traveling through St. Louis!