“Location is the key”

Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch
Ranked #16 of 121 Hotels in Saint Louis
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 22 April 2014

It is the Hyatt Regency at the Arch for a reason, it is the closest hotel property to the Arch with great views. I stayed here with the family on a recent college visit with my son and was not disappointed. I was automatically upgraded to a king suite, room#1697, may be the best view of the arch since you see the same view in pictures all over the hotel. Yes the hotel is older, but from what I could see it is clean and with good service from the staff. The breakfast was very good, and the regency club on the 17th floor is a great perk. I am a big Hyatt fan, this property is only 8k points per night for a points stay and is worth every one of them. If you want a special way to see the Arch, stay here.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Hyatt-MGMT, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Good Evening Travelnow39!
Thank you for your 4-Star review. We are certainly the closest thing to Arch and our Arch View Deluxe Kings have the perfect view! We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Warm regards,

Chris.carter@hyatt,com

There are newer reviews for Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Good location near the Arch and a nice lobby. Staff was friendly and there is a nice fitness center with a range of equipment. Food for our conference was above average and there is a Starbucks adjacent to the lobby.

Nice pillows.

However my room was not completed on arrival - I had to phone down for soap/shampoo etc. It was also a bit unkept - a few paper clips on the floor - seemed like it hadn't been vacuumed. The first day there was no housekeeping and I had to call down at 6pm to ask to have the room freshened. Still not too clean.

Jackhammering began at 4pm on final day. Not their fault I suppose except it seemed like ascheduled project that a strong manager would have coordinated with City.

Room Tip: There are some rooms without windows - careful here!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Hyatt-MGMT, Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Good evening PPSSSanFrancisco,

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I wanted to apologize for the serivce you received while you were here. I will be passing your comments along to our housekeeping department so they can ensure the proper training is done in the future.

Thank you again and please feel free to contact me with any further questions or concerns.

Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

This is a nice hotel although a bit dated in the rooms. They spent $62m on an upgrade? Not sure about that but for location it's excellent. Check in was fine and breakfast was good. Enjoyed the service in the red bar. As for downtown St. Louis the arch is it unless there is a baseball game on. What's with US downtown cities that have no shops in them? Except NY and Chicago of course!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mike4488

Thank you very much for the 4-Star review Mike4488! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our location nect to the Gateway Arch. Next time you are in St.Louis our Guest Services team would be more than happy to assist you in finding some wonderful shopping!

Warm Regards,

Chris Carter
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 18 April 2014

location- very good/downtown.... lots of transients and close to party area, which I suppose it good and bad.
staff- accommodating, but some a bit sour.
room- small- 2 double beds made it tough to fit a small family. small and oldish bathroom.
amenities- pool, okay, no hot tub or anything like that as far as we could tell. pool was not very warm.
everything was upcharged- parking, internet, even water in the room.

I'm sure it's okay for biz travelers- but for families who want to stay in the thick of town, nah.

quite pricey for what you got.

would probably stay here again if traveling alone for business where someone else was paying for room and name... but that's about it.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Good evening tvdirector,

Thank you very much for providing feedback on your recent stay with us. I wanted to reach out to you about your concerns while staying at our hotel. Our hotel does offer larger rooms for people travelling with families. Please see our front desk staff regarding these options when checking in.

Thank you again and please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions or concerns.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

I stayed at the Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch for 4 nights from the 9th of April until the 13th of April. This was a business trip for the 42nd Annual Meeting of the Shakespeare Association of America. The public areas of the hotel were nicely appointed and comfortable to be in; the conference venues were open and welcoming as opposed to claustrophobic and uncomfortable as they sometimes are at large academic meetings. The front desk staff was helpful and attentive. The room I stayed in with a colleague was large, nicely decorated, comfortable and clean. My only complaint with the room itself is that it was difficult to keep the space at a good temperature; it was either too cold or too hot. But I attribute that to my inability to work the thermostat properly rather than anything wrong with the room itself. Room service was prompt and the food choices were sufficient. The hotel restaurant was also comfortable with a good menu selection and friendly staff. I believe there were 2 conferences going on at the same time during my visit. That made for rather lengthy lines for the onsite Starbucks at all times. But the staff at the Starbucks were friendly and worked hard to get folks in and out with their beverages and foods of choice. All in all, I would definitely recommend the Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch as a place to stay.

Room Tip: The room I was in, 996, was quite the hike from the elevators. It would be nice if the property inst...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Anthony P

AnthonyP, thank you for your wonderful 5-Star review of your recent stay with us. We thoroughly enjoyed hosting the Shakespeare Association of America, and hope that your travels bring you to our City again soon.

With Warm Regard,

Front Office Manager

Reviewed 17 April 2014

Fantastic location, I've stayed here often, even back when it was the Adam's Mark. This stay the place is looking a little tired. Did not get a "superior" room, and the standard room is in need of attention. No coffee in the room is a pain.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Good evening cbxx,

Thank you very much for providing feedback regarding your recent stay with us. Feedback from our guests is what allows us to improve our services in the future. I will definitely be in touch with our housekeeping department with your concerns.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Stayed first part of April. This is a very nice hotel two great bars and just a short walk to the ball park. The arch is right out the door of the hotel. Did not have much time to walk the area other then the ball park.

Would stay again and will be in a few weeks.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

luvtotravel05, thank you for your 4-Star review of our Property. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and will be returning soon! Please reach out to me directly so that I can ensure that this stay is just as wonderful!

With Warm Regard,