“Very nice hotel for a conference”

Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch
Ranked #16 of 123 Hotels in Saint Louis
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I like this Hyatt for our recent conference. The meeting rooms are not too cold and the chairs are comfortable and not worn out. Staff was efficient and unobtrusive. And key to me, there were employees in all public areas asking if they could help.

The beds are very comfortable and the hotel offers a "convenince collection" of just about anything you might need that you forgot and things that you would prefer not to pack such as curling irons. Makes life so much easier not to pack these things.

Room Tip: ask for a view of the Arch
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Hyatt-MGMT, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

ksmess,
Thank you somuch for your 4-Star review of your recent stay with us! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your conference, and utilizing our Convenience Collection. We look forward to welcoming you back when your travels bring you to St. Louis again!

chris.carter@hyatt.com

Write a ReviewReviews (4,116)

Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

Had great expectation so was similarly disappointed.

Ordered king bed got double twins so receptionist kindly upgraded me to a bigger room. Wow was I excited ..,

Room furnishing was tired , minibar empty, no floor towel for shower, long long walk from elevator to room along corridor carpet that was not that clean.

Very bothersome constant but intermittent mechanical noise in room that engineering could not identify (explained as being normal). Soundproofing poor such could hear traffic even on tenth floor.

$9.95 a day for WIFI in your room despite $275 a night for a room is just taking it too far.

Staff, despite all said was the only good side. I would recommend choosing another facility if would stay again in St. Louis.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

JayBeeZee,
Thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent stay with us. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the issues you experienced during your stay with us. This is certainly not typical of our guest experience. We hope to welcome you back soon in order to re-earn your trust. Please feel free to contact me directly if you find yourself in St. Louis.

Christopher Carter

Reviewed 11 June 2014

The hotel is right in front of the Arch and a couple blocks from the baseball stadium. The lobby looks good but it is old. The lobby chairs need updating, the bar is loud and the floors and rooms are similar to those you would find at an airport, not a typical Hyatt. Rooms and floors need updating. The people who worked their however were extremely helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the arch. It is also away from the street noise.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Jrsimone,
Thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent stay with us. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future. If you travels ever bring you back to St. Louis, please feel free to reach out to me directly.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Problem with hotel is in construction
No soundproofing between rooms and halls
Too many dirt bags running in halls watch your valuables there are some scary sorts running in the hall

Staff was nice and offered a coffee for the lack of sleep
I found no humor

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Rs9336
Hyatt-MGMT, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

RS9336,
Thank you for sharing your feedback about your recent stay with us. I apologize for the issues with noise that you experienced due to the CityArchRiver project. It has certainly been a challenge but we are sure that the end result will be very impressive! If your travels ever bring you back to St.Louis, please feel free to reach out to me directly.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

The hotel just doesn't live up to the name. I booked this hotel because it's Hyatt Regency and thought they would have higher standards when it comes to cleanness and services but boy I was wrong. My stay there last week as a complete mess. The room itself was pretty nice upon the first glance but we found pubic hair (or unknown hair) under the cover of the bed, and the bathroom looked like they haven't been cleaned for years. We were so grossed out we called room services immediately. That was 7pm, we were all so tired from the trip so we decided to go out for dinner. When we came back at 8:30pm, the room was untouched. I called again, and then again, finally, they sent someone up at 10:45p. It took them almost 4 hours to fix a problem. When we checked out the next morning, I complained to the front desk, he was pretty apologetic about it and say he would remove my internet charge to my room. I said I'm a platinum member and it comes with free internet anyway. At that point I was just too tired so I didn't fight for more. But sure enough, this morning when I logged into my credit card, there was a charge for internet.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Philip W

PhillipW,
Thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent stay with us. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the issues you experienced in your room. That is not representative of the standards that we set for ourselves here at the Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch. I have shared your concerns with the Executive Housekeeper and would love the opportunity to speak with you about your stay in more detail. Please feel free to contact me directly if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Staff very helpful and courteous. Facility & room nice and clean. The only reason I didn't give 5 stars is because it is so large, it took forever to get to your room. Check in took a bit longer than normal but since it was a conference, I'm sure they were overwhelmed trying to get rooms ready.

Room Tip: Try to get room closer to elevators.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

DLG25,
Thank you so much for the wonderful 4-Star review of your recent stay with us. Thank you for the kind words about our staff. We hope that you will return soon so that we may try and earn that 5th star from you!

Reviewed 7 June 2014

We stayed at the hotel for a national convention. The rooms were very nice, but TINY. Reminded me of the hotel room I had when I stayed in New York City. They do make up for the small rooms by providing a nice large shower. The bed was very comfy, but the walls were thin and you could hear maid service vacuuming next door at 8:30 in the morning. I have to say the maid service was awesome - even though we didn't have them actually clean our room, they were great at providing us new towels anytime we asked. We had a couple unpleasant experiences with staff members, but overall it was a great experience. My biggest complaint is that they wanted $10 a day for wifi, and $15 a day for hi-speed wifi. Seems a little high, considering I can get free wi-fi at the Comfort Inn & Suites I normally stay at. Also, valet parking is $28 a day, and it's almost a necessity because the nearest parking is several blocks away and who wants to carry a week's worth of luggage?? The banquet rooms and meeting areas were nice. Overall a very nice stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Mrsbrobinson,
Thank you so much for your 4-Star review of your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the Housekeeping Service while you were our guest. We hope to welcome you back the next time your travels take bring you to St. Louis!