“Nice Hyatt- good choice for business travelers”

Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch
Ranked #17 of 120 Hotels in Saint Louis
GreenLeadersSilver level
New York
“Nice Hyatt- good choice for business travelers”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Great location by the Arch and the river. Easy to walk to everything downtown. The stadium is about five blocks away. Nice food choices on the premises including a Starbucks and a pub. Nice big lobby.

The Regency Club for those who qualify is a good one. Cereal, oatmeal, smoked salmon and a few hot dishes were offered for breakfast. Large room with plenty of tables and chairs.

Rooms are a bit larger than typical Hyatt rooms. This must have been an old hotel that was upgraded a while ago so it has more character than most Hyatt's.

Not expensive during the week. Good choice for business travelers.

1 Thank MDXP
Hyatt-MGMT, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
MDXP,
Thank you so much for your fantastic 4-Star Review of your recent stay with us! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed relaxing in our Regency Club Lounge. I hope that you will be returning to stay with us again soon.

chris.carter@hyatt.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (698)
  • Korean first
Texas
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Stayed here ONLY because a wedding was booked here. I was a bit apprehensive because of some things I'd read on the bedbug registry. I travel a lot and am terrified of bringing bedbugs home. And yes, I realize there will always be occasional reports of bugs--and not always are they necessarily accurate. My motto is be aware. So upon arrival, I thoroughly inspected the room--it was fine. We had a room with (very comfortable) double beds; it was very roomy with a somewhat partial view of the river. The staff was extremely nice. The only downer is the parking price--over $20/day for self-parking in their garage. However, I took the advice of someone else on this forum and parked next door at the Crowne Plaza. It was $3/day on the weekends & just a little more for weekday. Next door to that hotel, is the Mansion Garage & I believe the parking costs are about the same. If you are going to a Cardinals' game, it is within walking distance. There were several restaurants close by as well.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank ShazaamIam
Shazaamlam,
Thank you so much for the fabulous 4-Star Review of your recent stay with us! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your room with a view of the River and Gateway Arch. We hope that the next time your travels bring you to St. Louis, you will chose to stay with us!

Manhattan, Kansas
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I have stayed at quite a few Hyatt's over the years when I attend conferences. Typically conference hotels (including Hyatts) are "nice" or even "very nice" (Hyatt's are usually "very nice"), but because they are big conference hotels, they can seem a bit institutional. However, this Hyatt is EXCEPTIONAL. In fact, I have only been here a few hours, and I was prompted to write this email. The staff is exceptionally friendly and willing to help. The staff I am most impressed with are the "behind the scenes"--tonight, a man who was clearly a custodian greeted me and asked me how I was doing. Then, another man brought me a ceramic coffee cup and seemed genuinely concerned that I enjoy my mug (I also LOVE that they were willing to bring me a ceramic vs. Styrofoam mug). Another bonus: I am in a king bed room and the layout is highly functional with a nice stool to put my bag on right by the bathroom, tucked away a bit so it's not in the way. Well done Hyatt Interior Design! When I checked in, the host was very kind (he was in training), and I was able to select my room. I mentioned, casually, that I might like to be near the stairs so I could walk down to the meeting rooms and, guess where the stairs are? RIGHT BY MY ROOM! Wowee! Nice work Eugene! I will be here a week and l am guessing I am not going to want to leave. My only complaint is that the fan seems to be a bit aggressive, but that is probably just my issue--I am sensitive to moving air, and I would rather have that problem than the opposite. So, I would just suggest a robe. There were extra blankets in the closet (another nice bonus), so if it's too cold at night I can just put on the blanket.

Green Features: Excellent. Very pleased to stay at a hotel that is modeling best-practice in terms of environmental standards.
1 Thank K_M60503
Hyatt-MGMT, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
K_M60503,
Thank you so much for your outstanding 5-Star Review of your recent stay with us. I will pass along your kind words to Eugene and let him know how happy he made you! We certainly think that our employees are our greatest asset and I am happy to hear that you enjoyed interacting with them. Please feel free to contact me directly the next time your travels bring you to the St. Louis area.

Christoper Carter
Cabot, Arkansas
Reviewed 24 June 2014

You can't beat the view of the Arch from this hotel! Be specific on your room requests as some rooms do not have the full view of the arch. We were here recently and had a full view versus our current room and it just isn't the same. The staff is friendly and helpful and the rooms are clean and convenient. the beds are much more comfortable than some of the other hotels in town as well. It is in a great central location to Union station as well as the Arch and the Basilica. I recommend this hotel and will stay here again in the future.

Room Tip: Ask for full view of the arch
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Hyatt-MGMT, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Ken R,
Thank you for the fantastic 4-Star Review of your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the views of the Gateway Arch. We hope that you will stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed 2 nights during a trade show. The hotel had overbooked so we got an upgrade to the presidential suite. We had an awesome stay and the staff was wonderful and very helpful. The views are very pretty too!

• Stayed July 2013
Robin K,
Thank you so much for the fantastic 5-Star Review of your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your complimentary upgrade! We hope to welcome you back soon.

Battle Creek, Michigan
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We stayed here for a wedding which took place in the hotel. Our room was on 16th floor with the Arch right out our window. What a View! Couldn't get a better location. The hotel is very customer service oriented, all employees were nice, courteous and knowledgeable. Only complaint I may have was that the ladies room was not properly maintained at the time we were there. I mentioned this to the concierge who hopefully remedied the situation. (Women will notice things like that.)
Everything in the room was new, clean, and modern. You did have to pay for wi-fi, which I don't agree with. This is a pricey hotel, so expect that in the restaurants, gift shop.etc when you stay here.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Sallie M,
Thank you so much for the fantastic 5-star review of your recent stay to attend a wedding with us! I will pass along your kind words to our Guest Services staff. The next time you are in St. Louis we hope that you will choose to stay with us again!

York
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I stayed for four night for a trade show. The location is great. A shot walk to the arch and only 4 blocks to the stadium. Across the street is the old couth house and is a nest tour. The food at the pub is very good. We eat there 2 nights with a group and the service e and food is very good. The heath club is great my wife and I worked out every morning. The equipment was all new and working. My wife and I travel a lot for work and will go back with our son for a visit.

Charles M,
Thank you so much for the great 4-star review of your recent stay with us! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed eating at Brewhouse Historical Sports Bar. We hope to welcome you back the next time you visit St. Louis.