“A gem right on campus”

Charles F. Knight Executive Education & Conference Center
Ranked #66 of 121 Hotels in Saint Louis
Reviewed 29 September 2013

This hotel is part of a conference center and thus caters to folks attending a conference or those visiting campus. The rooms are nicely appointed and have a queen bed, large chair, desk, good size bath room and a closet. The rooms are very clean and have pretty much what you need - wifi, flat screen TV plus they have a pantry on each floor with goodies to drink and eat.

It's difficult to get a room during peak times (conference on site, or parent's weekend, graduation etc.) but it's a nice change of pace.

You can get to the place via Metrolink or by car. If you drive, remember to get a parking pass (which is extra) or you may get a ticket.

Room Tip: The 3rd floor is the campus level. There's construction going on next door but they didn't...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 25 September 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights in September 2013. It's generally an excellent place and very convenient to the campus. The interior is bright and new but not terribly charming.

I have only one significant complaint/suggestion: the elevator is set *extremely slow*, both in speed of operation and in door closing. Getting from one floor to another took about the time it takes the #1 train in NYC to get from one station to the next. Sounds trivial but actually it seemed to irritate everyone I saw using the elevator. And for large groups, this can mean delays. I believe this is usually an adjustable feature of elevators, so for gosh sakes set it to a more normal speed. You will have happier guests.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Visiting colleges can be a daunting experience, so when there was an opportunity to stay right on Washington University's campus the reservation was made quickly. The staff was extremely helpful to first time visitors, the room was perfect and the location excellent; all we needed to do was walk right across the campus for the tour. They also provided a roll away bed since all rooms have only one queen bed. Breakfast was included in the price, too. We will definitely go back if my son goes to WU!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 May 2013

I recently stayed here with my daughter to visit WUSTL. The hospitality is outstanding and it truly provides the best opportunity for a visiting student to get a sense of the campus and walk to the Loop. The only disadvantage is that all rooms have Queen beds. We shared, but not all parent/child combos would want to :)

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank sebagolizzy
Reviewed 7 May 2013

The Center does not look like a hotel from the outside, but our room was very nice, especially for the price, which was discounted because our daughter is a student at WUSTL med school. The center is near the undergrad campus, which is best if you have a car. It's between Metro stops Big Bend and Skinker. Our view looked out onto construction, and I'm not sure when that will be completed. The reservation included a nice, free breakfast, featuring waffles, oatmeal and real maple syrup in little personal-sized jars. We also got a 2-for-1 coupon to the pub, but not for weekends. There were rooms for conference meetings, which had computers and printers, so I could print out my boarding pass, and there was a small workout room. However, there was no hotel gift shop, and it was a fairly long walk to any shopping area. The front desk people were very nice and one of them even lent me her umbrella for a walk when all the hotel umbrellas had been borrowed. Mostly, I'd say the price for what you get was the big selling point.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not look out onto the construction!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 April 2013

This hotel is part of the Wash U executive conference center. Situated at the edge of the beautiful campus the facilities are excellent- on a par with international four star hotels. Well appointed rooms, great bath products, bathrobe and soft towels plus free wi fi, multiple tv channels and plenty of space to work in this is a good bet if you need to be at the University or on this side of town. A footbridge takes you to a range of restaurants and shops in Delmar. Meals are available at the center and breakfast is included. The service is excellent. Friendly, helpful staff. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 December 2012

I lived in St. Louis for several years and often go back to visit friends. My entire family was visiting for a weekend in October for a party and the hotel I booked originally oversold and they bumped us. Expedia called me and said they could put us up at the Knight Center. I wasn't familiar with the fact that Washington University had a hotel. As I mentioned, having lived in St. Louis, there are a lot more areas and places I WILL NOT stay than there are places I will stay. We lived in Ladue and I like to stay in the Clayton/Ladue area. I will not stay at any of the airport properties and we don't like to stay all the way downtown unless we are there for a baseball game - it is just too far. The hotels in downtown Clayton are just not that great. There are a couple of new ones (Homewood Suites and Spring Hill Suites) in Brentwood that are really nice and reasonably priced, but these usually book up well in advance. The Chase Park Plaza in Central West End is nice, but usually quite expensive.

Anyway, after a bit of research, I agreed to switch to the Knight Center. It was a great experience. The hotel is very quiet, the rooms are large, comfortable, and clean. The parking deck is very convenient to the lobby. They serve a nice continental breakfast and there is a bar in the building. I will definitely stay there again when I am back in town.

Room Tip: There was construction going on at Wash U (always) and the workmen got started obscenely early on Sa...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family