“superb staff”
Review of Moonrise Hotel

Moonrise Hotel
Ranked #7 of 122 Hotels in Saint Louis
Reviewed 31 January 2013

I cannot fully describe how accomodating, helpful, friendly, attentive and courteous the staff was during our 10 day stay. we were with a relative who had physical constraints due to recent back surgery and the staff went to great lengths to make sure we had what we needed, when we needed it.They found us a wheelchair, modified height of bed, and even baked us a birthday cake! Great bar, and the best hamburger and fries in St. Louis. We hope to stay at the Moonrise again in the future!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank sarose v
moonrisemanager, Manager at Moonrise Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2013

There are times when people challenge our efforts and services because the situation that they are dealing with requires us to be on top of our game. When this occurs we do not shy away or back down. We want anybody and everybody that stays with us to feel like they are important and we want them to know they are respected as an individual. Knowing that your relative was recovering from back surgery and that our efforts were able to accommodate their needs, is a huge win for us. And when you stay somewhere for 10 days and they are not family its tough to find a place that can make you feel comfortable. We are pleased to know that we could provide that comfort while you were with us. We enjoyed your time with us and we hope that the next time you are in St. Louis you do choose us again. I hope your relative's recovery goes well and goes fast.

Thank you for your time and consideration

Agent of Desires

Write a ReviewReviews (1,247)

Reviewed 25 January 2013

Every single staff member at this hotel was friendly, helpful, and focused on customer service. Bravo! What a change from so many chain places. Thus, a very nice hotel became a great experience. Restaurant was good, bar very nice, fitness center good and rooms excellent. I will come back gladly!

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank StorGor

That was a nice and concise review! What made it even better that it was a positive review of our establishment and we appreciate that very much. We do make great efforts to provide excellent customer service, maintaining professionalism and balancing casual and friendly interactions as well. We do appreciate you choosing to stay with us as well as providing positive feedback.

Reviewed 23 January 2013

The Moonrise is considered a boutique motel, but we find it relaxing and fun. The street is full of great art, food and history..there is always plenty to do, but it is hard to pull yourself away from the clean, quiet and smartly decorated Moonrise. The staff is friendly and attentive. The rooms are spotless, beautiful and comfortable, and we find ourselves just hanging out.
We only live a couple of hours from St. Louis, but we try to take a weekend every year to visit the Moonrise. We ordered room service for the meal, which was delicious and not over priced. The menu was varied, we chose Steak and frites, and the Scallops with risotto. Both arrived hot and delicious. We also like to go across the street to PI Pizza. Saturday night at PI is quite busy, but well worth the wait.
When we arrived this past weekend, The street was full of people enjoying the warmer than normal temperatures at an ice sculpting festival and a pub crawl. Everyone was smiling and having fun, we heard that there was a skateboard competition on the roof. We heard music for awhile, but we nothing considered to be disturbing. The rooms are quiet. The beds are extremely comfortable.
Thank you Moonrise for another great weekend!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Wendy S

You were staying with us during the Loop Ice Carnival that we have every year in the Delmar Loop! That usually is a busy time for us and the area, but filled with great events and is much fun! Its awesome that you got to experience that! We do appreciate you all staying with us as often as you do. Also, its good to know that the experience wasn't to noisy or over crowd your experience with us. We hope you continue to choose us during your getaways to St. Louis.

Thank you so much for your time and consideration.

Reviewed 23 January 2013

We enjoyed a stay in one of their suites. It was really a fun place, great lounge, dining area and had a friendly staff. A little pricey though. I am told you get get special rates at certain times . St Louis is a fabulous city to visit anyhow.

Room Tip: Try to go there because it is really unusual but see if you can get a good deal as it was a bit high...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family

We appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback. Its definitely great to know that you enjoyed your time with us and enjoyed our boutique space theme. If you ever decide to stay with us again, please give us a call beforehand so we can let you know of any special promotions going on. Also if you visit our website and join our Desires Program that would grant you access to even more discounts and promotions as they become available. You would be notified via email. We certainly want you to be able to take advantage of more reasonable opportunities as they arise!

Thank you for your time and consideration

Reviewed 23 January 2013

I stay at the Moonrise about 15 times a year during numerous business trips to St. Louis and it has been one of my favorite hotels! Last weekend, my husband joined me for a fun weekend in St. Louis and I couldn't wait for him to see how great this place is...

After dinner Friday night, we came back to the hotel and ended up parking in one of the last spots in the public parking behind the hotel. Since they had an event going on, the parking was VERY limited and we were just happy to get a spot! When we got up in the morning, we noticed that someone had taken a drill or crowbar and put a giant hole in the driver side door of our rental car. We had to call the police, call insurance, and drive back to the airport to exchange the car. We asked to speak to the manager to gain access to the cameras that are set-up in the parking lot and found him to be very unhelpful. He told us that the hotel cameras didn't cover the area where we were parked and we could go talk to 2 other businesses and try to get help from them. I guess I was expecting a "I hate that this happened! How can I help?" and that is not at all what we got. I do understand that the lot is public parking and break-in's can happen anywhere, but I was hoping for a bit of empathy since this will be costing us a $500 insurance deductible to get the door fixed!

On top of that, there was a small dog in the room next to us who barked for HOURS. Again, I have stayed here multiple times and never had any issues with noise, but it was like the dog was IN our room. Also, a large group of people came in a little past midnight and they were screaming and yelling in the hall. It was incredibly loud and made for a night with very little sleep.

They used to (not sure if they still do...) have a special program for 'Your Desires' members and they would always leave you a snack/drink of your choice and upgrade you to a nicer room . This stopped happening for me about a year ago. I know it's not a huge deal (and it never kept me from staying there!) but it was such a nice perk, especially when you nearly live in hotels (I travel 4 days/week!).

All in all, I think it's time to look for another option when I stay in St. Louis.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Heatherh5288

From the sound of things, you were staying with us on a very busy weekend. It is terribly unfortunate that you had to deal with a break in, noisy guests, as well as an annoying dog that barked continuously. I personally hate to hear that you had such an experience and the last thing I know this hotel wants to hear is that you would be looking elsewhere when you are traveling to St. Louis. Our Desires Program is still in effect, so for whatever reason you were not recognized is a mistake on our behalf. And too be quite honest considering that I am the Agent of Desires it is a mistake that I take personally. I do not want you to think that this hotel takes this matter lightly and we certainly want you to believe that we will do our best to appease. If you are ever looking for a hotel in the St. Louis area please give us a call and ask for me directly. I will ensure personally that you are better cared for.

Reviewed 22 January 2013

Wayyyyy different! Every room's a special place. It's just . . . well . . . fun! The staff is beyond helpful, the food is beyond good, the whole experience just makes you want to come back a.s.a.p.

The only problem with this hotel is that it makes me resent the "ho hum" atmosphere of the big chain hotels - even the very nice ones. I know every place can't be "different" but I'm glad to know where to go when I want "different" - The Moonrise Hotel.

Room Tip: Take any room in the place. Just being there is an experience you won't soon forget.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank James W T

We seek to provide a unique experience to all that stay with us and our theme certainly helps us achieve that. Also, we make sure that our staff understands the expectations of the hotel and we go through great lengths to make sure that our service standards are professional and trendy simultaneously. Honestly, we love hearing that "big chain" hotels seem mundane compared to us, even the nice ones! We appreciate the feedback and hopefully we see you again. Feel free to spread the good word about our establishment. We'd love to have them.

Thanks

Reviewed 22 January 2013

My family and I stayed here the other night and were so glad that we did. The hotel's decor was like something from out of this world! We were in awe of the lighting and decor. The rooms were impeccably clean and the complimentary bath/spa soap/shampoo smelled so good that I took a shower even after I already took one. What I really loved about the rooms was the sound machine, which came in handy when I had a migraine and could not sleep. The staff was so inviting and helpful when we had questions about where to go for fun. There is a restaurant there which serves absolutely yummy food. We wanted to stay another night but was sold out. We plan to go again soon because we were so impressed with this hotel. My only advise to the owner is that they get new pillows and use pillow cases for hygienic reasons. Our pillows smelled pretty bad. Well, no hotel is absolutely perfect and that was really my only complaint. We travel a lot and feel this is thus far the best hotel we have ever stayed at.

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors have awesome views
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank jcriv7

Thank you so much for choosing to stay at our hotel. Knowing that you had a great experience is more than enough motivation for us to keep striving to achieve great success. It is unfortunate that you had the unpleasantness of a smelly pillow. Certainly that should not have been the case and we will do a better job of making sure our linen remains fresh at all times. We are pleased to know that your experience was not ruined because of that occurrence. We do hope to see you again and we appreciate your feedback.

Thanks