Moonrise Hotel
The Hotel Majestic St. Louis(Saint Louis)(Great Value!)
US$260
US$381
EmbassySuites.com
US$445
US$406
US$200
US$163
The Parkway Hotel(Saint Louis)
US$228
US$209
  • Breakfast included
Westin St. Louis(Saint Louis)
US$500
Curio.com
US$408
US$337
  • Restaurant
Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch(Saint Louis)(Great Value!)
US$305
US$287
1,270 results
All reviewsthe loopeclipse restaurantrooftop barmoon themespace themeblueberry hillsound machinedelmar blvdboutique hotelwashington universitycool hotelfun hotelrain showerforest parkjacuzzi tubrestaurants and shopsconcert venue
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I had planned a trip to St. Louis and had paid for my room via groupon and was on my way! After reading all the positive reviews I was excited to experience the moonrise for myself.

But then I made a huge mistake. I had left my wallet all the way back in Oklahoma at a restaurant I had eaten at. They were closed, I was 200 miles away from the resturant and 400 miles from home. So I called the moonrise hotel at about 2:00 am and explained the situation hoping there would be something they could do. But the night clerk was less helpful. His response was basically "you need your drivers license to check in." Regardless of the fact that I had all my paperwork stating the room had been paid for AND that I had various other ways of proving my identity. But nope. That was good enough. And the night clerk didn't care that I was 400 miles away from home with nowhere to stay.

...but it some ways I understand that. They need a drivers license to check in. I get that. I mean it was my fault after all for leaving it in OK. I was just hoping giving the extreme circumstances something could be done for me. But the night clerk didn't even seem to care. So whatever I moved on.

And then this is where I really get angry. After all this went down I emailed three people associated with the hotels customer service to let them know that the night clerk they had can come off as less than concerned and to see if there was anything that could have been done differently to avoid my being stranded. I wrote a 7 paragraph email very polite but detailed. And then I waited...

No response.

Two weeks later. No response.

So I figured I guarantee if I explain my situation on their Facebook surely they would see it and at least be like "our bad, sorry. We hope you'll give us another chance" and that is ALL IT WOULD HAVE TAKEN and I would have been happy and honestly ...probably would have stayed there again. But then days went by with no response. They were posting on their Facebook hourly with no response to my issues.

So yeah. Probably not going to go back. I just wish they had the class to address the problems I am presenting them with. But apparently they prefer to ignore it.

Maybe they don't value their groupon business the same way they do regular business? I don't know. Just upsetting.

Oh yeah, the rooms are pretty. And the daytime clerk...Nicole I think? She's awesome. Super nice and accommodating. But that's about where the positive reviews stop

• Stayed: October 2013
3  Thank Abcollins405
Paul L, General Manager at Moonrise Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

Our attempts to reach you via telephone, since your stay 1 week ago (10/17) have been unsuccessful because your "voicemail box has not been set up by this cell phone owner". We pride ourselves in excellent customer service and getting back to our guests that are kind enough to share their experience, we always responded within 24-48 hours; however we could not do so in your situation because of your telephone issue. If you could be so kind as to contact me directly 314-685-3402 I would appreciate some of your time so we can discuss your experience.

Regards,
Paul Lauritsen

Reviewed 24 October 2013

This is definately a unique hotel. I requested an early check-in since my flight arrived so early, and the staff went out of their way to accomodate me. The rooms were beautiful, just as pictured. Bathrooms are amazing! Bed extremely comfortable! Rooftop patio was lots of fun! Location is great for walking around the Delmar Loop and easy driving distance to local attractions. I can't wait to go back again!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
moonrisemanager, Manager at Moonrise Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

I'm so happy to hear we were able to get you registered early so you had enough time to explore the area. Thank you for the comments on so many details of the hotel. Looking forward to having you back as our guest soon!

Reviewed 19 October 2013

We had no idea what to expect when we spent a recent weekend in St. Louis and decided to stay at the Moonrise Hotel. The rooms were great, the service perfect, but the best part was the attention to detail around the theme of the hotel. From the artwork in each room to the thousands of space and moon paraphernalia around the hotel the theme is never lost. You could stay at the hotel for a week and never see all of the details. The hotel is conveniently located on the Loop close to bars and entertainment venues. The restaurant that is attached is above average and the rooftop patio is a blast. We'll definitely stay here on our next trip.

Room Tip: Be aware that the hotel can be noisy on the weekend.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank IowaTraveler22
moonrisemanager, Manager at Moonrise Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Thank you for taking time out of your trip to peruse our memorabilia and explore our neighborhood! We appreciate your kind words and will share them with our whole crew. We think the rooftop is a blast too and are so excited to have a new enclosed option now that the weather is turning a bit chillier. Can’t wait to have you back as our guest!
Thanks again!

Reviewed 18 October 2013

My sister-in-law and I met in St. Louis for a girls weekend and we stayed at the Moonrise. We loved everything, from the complimentary tequila sunrise at check-in to the desk clerk who made sure we knew which stations we needed when we checked out to go to at the airport. The location was great - we rented bikes across the street and then rode them to Forest Park. And after a day on the bike, enjoying the park, we relaxed on the rooftop bar, enjoying the sights. the room was great - comfortable beds and just the right size and price. I would recommend and / or stay in this hotel again with no hesitation! We had a problem with breakfast in the hotel, but the restaurant is under different management, so I don't penalize the hotel in my review.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jackie W

Wow! It sounds like you had a full weekend here in St. Louis. We’ve had some great biking weather this year and Big Shark Bicycle Company has a great selection of rental bikes. Glad to hear you were able to take in the sites of Forest Park while you toured the town. Thank you for the recommendation!!
We hope to have you and your family back soon!

Reviewed 14 October 2013

This hotel was a lot of fun. My wife and I stayed there on a romantic weekend in Saint Louis. The staff was great and greeted us with a complimentary tequila sunrise on check-in. We were able to take advantage of a discounted upgrade on check-in to the Buddy Ebsen suite for one of our two nights, and that was well worth the splurge. The suite was spacious, clean, and comfortable. Our second night was in a standard king and while the room was still nice clean, and comfortable, it is the reason the hotel doesn't get 5 stars for us. The noise from the people using the elevator right next to this room was incredible. Not from the operation of the elevator, which was silent, but from the other guests. Although their noise level is not at all the hotel's responsibility, perhaps the hotel might consider some thicker doors that block the sound a little better on those rooms near the elevators. All in all this was a really great hotel and I would definitely go back, just ask for a room away from the elevators.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ryan S

Thank you so much for choosing us for your romantic weekend! I’m sorry to hear that you were disturbed on the second night of your stay though. We have doors to the elevator landings which we close overnight to keep the guest hallways as quiet as possible, but it sounds like the noise might have begun earlier the night of your stay which led to your disturbance. Again, we're really sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused. We can definitely accommodate your next stay with a room away from the elevators, please just mention the request when making your reservation. Thank you for the kind words about the staff and our suites.
Hope to see you soon!