“Fun and Trendy In The Loop”
Review of Moonrise Hotel

Moonrise Hotel
Ranked #6 of 121 Hotels in Saint Louis
Reviewed 6 November 2013

My husband and I recently drove Route 66 from Chicago to LA and chose the Moonrise Hotel for our overnight in St. Louis. I love boutique hotels and unique concepts and he's obsessed with space travel so it seemed a perfect fit. The lighting at this hotel is everything. From their glitzy Chihulyesque chandelier and glowing rainbow steps in the lobby to the giant moon atop the roof dominating the skyline in the Loop.

Check in was quick and easy and our room was very spacious. There was a fridge and coffee prep area, large desk, big tv and comfy sitting area. The bathroom had a separate shower and Jacuzzi. The bed was very comfortable and the variety of lighting options in the room was very cool. All the vintage moon pictures in the room really just made it. A far cry from average boring hotel art of flowers and lakes. The room also had a lot of nice extra touches like kushy bath amenities, cozy robes, a soothing noise machine for bedtime, ipod docks and free wifi.

There are lots of other things to love about The Moonrise. They are pet friendly. All around the lobby and downstairs bar area are cases of space memorabilia. Old toy robots, moon landing mementos, rocket ornaments, astronaut autographs, Star Trek souvenirs and so much more. The rooftop bar is ultra trendy, but awesomely decorated. The hanging lights from the ceiling are a great concept, as are the oversized moon loungers on the terrace. The view of the city from up here is fantastic. I also enjoyed the whole area of The Loop. Lots of very original boutiques and restaurants. A lot of big neon signs and old theaters gave it a true vintage feel. I am glad we chose to stay in this area as well as this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RobynPringTravel
moonrisemanager, Manager at Moonrise Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2013

What a wonderful review you have posted about us! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and the public too. It sounds like you had an amazing vacation planned and we are so honored to have been a part of such an adventure. We always say it’s in the details so thank you for mentioning so many aspects of the Moonrise experience. The photo of our owner’s display case with all his space memorabilia looks magical, thank you so much for including it with your review. I hope we will have you back as our guests next time you find your way through the Midwest.

Thank you so much, again!

Reviewed 3 November 2013

This was my second time at the Moonrise Hotel and I had a wonderful stay, again. From the very friendly and helpful staff (especially Erica, she´s a rock star) to the eclectic and modern design to the cleanliness of the hotel and the comfortable rooms, my stay was awesome. The hotel is located in the Loop where there are many restaurants & shops and is only a couple of minutes away from Washu which is so convenient since I was there to visit my son. I asked for a quiet room and got a corner room on the 4th floor which was very spacious. The view wasn´t nice, but I did ask for quiet which is what I got. The hotel has a new moon room bar on the 8th floor and also a rooftop terrace which was closed because of the season, but which my son frequents with friends and says is really nice and has a great view. I didn´t give the hotel 5 stars only because of the parking. The parking lot is big but it is also open to anyone going to the Loop and gets full especially at night. I had to wait a couple of times to find parking. They do have vallet service which is convenient if you want to spend the extra money. All in all, I would definitely recommend the Moonrise Hotel.

Room Tip: I always ask for a quiet room away from the elevators. Also, ask for one of the middle floors since...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

You’ve mentioned so many details of the hotel and we cannot thank you enough for the kind review! We agree, Erica is amazing and I’m so glad she was helpful during your stay. The New Moon Room offers year round views of the city so hopefully next stay you’ll be able to take in the sights for yourself. I’m happy to hear you were able to enjoy yourself and the neighborhood; it sounds like your son was a great tour guide while you in town. We always have valet parking available for our overnight guests and near the hotel are three complimentary public parking lots if you don’t mind a short walk. Thank you for staying with us again and for sharing your experience.

We can’t wait to have you back as our guest!

Reviewed 1 November 2013

We booked our three night stay via Luxury Link. From the time we booked the trip everything they told us turned out to be untrue. The offer stated that we would get an upgrade at time of booking if available - we booked three months in advance and the answer on various requests was they could not do that currently. We learned that there would be a concert next door to the hotel the the first night of our stay. We contacted the hotel and were told we would get a quiet room away from the elevator - we were given a room next to the elevator overlooking the entrance to the hotel and the concert venue with unbelievable noise and limited sleep. We asked the next day to speak to the manage and were told he would call us - this never happened. The towels, if at my house would be called rags. The second night no
concert, but still all kind of noise late in the night into the early morning. Someone told us you go to St. Louis to visit someone which was true in our case, not to tour the place. The Budweiser Brewery tour and seeing the Clydedales was nice as were the casinos.

Room Tip: Away from the hotel's driveway which is on the same side as the Pagent concert hall.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Carolyn027
Paul L, General Manager at Moonrise Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

I was very disappointed to read that your entire experience in St. Louis was not a pleasant one and that you did not enjoy your stay with us. It seems there was much confusion regarding the package you purchased through Luxury Link, I am sorry for any misunderstanding regarding the details of the package and any miscommunication on the hotels part. The room type included in the package is a Cosmic Jacuzzi King and unfortunately there is only one of these room types on each floor, all located in the same location. I was very surprised to hear that you were disturbed by the elevators, being that they are located around the corner in a different wing, also too any music. Providing a peaceful night of sleep for all of our guests is of course a guarantee; I would like to speak with you regarding compensation for the evening this did not transpire.

Regarding the upgrade to a suite, as noted by Luxury Link this is subject to availability and unfortunately at the time of your booking there were none available so we put your name on a priority list to be upgraded if we had a cancellation for a suite, however that did not happen.

Again, my sincere apologies for any inconvenience you were caused. I am hopeful you will contact me directly at 314-721-1111 so we can discuss your stay further.

Regards, Paul Lauritsen, General Manager

Reviewed 29 October 2013

Just returned from a wonderful 3-night stay at the Moonrise. The beds and the service were excellent. There was a community pumkin carving with free refreshments held in the parking lot on Saturday afternoon. Coffee in the lobby is a good spot to meet like-minded folk. The Loop on Delmar is great for restaurants, exploration, and music.
The Moonrise has a novel rooftop bar with a view of the St. Louis Arch. The hotelier's lunar collection is fascinating!

Room Tip: Ask for a view of Delmar Blvd.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
moonrisemanager, Manager at Moonrise Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Thank you for participating in our Fifth Annual Pumpkin Carve & Glow Event! We had a great turn out this year with a ton of creative pumpkins. We've had several new spots along The Loop open this summer expanding our coffee offerings for those of us needing a little extra help in the morning time. Our owner's lunar collection is the product of a long time space fascination and is continally expanding so there is always something new to look for and learn from.

Thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed 27 October 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Moonrise two nights and we have no complaints. Check-in took about 90 seconds and we were off to the room which was nice and very clean. Our bed and pillows were great. The rooftop bar is nice but the food in the restaurant right off the lobby was excellent. I had a steak and my wife had mac 'n cheese and both were great. Nice people and atmosphere. Free parking or very reasonable valet. They even have an EV charging station! Unfortunately, our LEAF was at home 1,600 miles away.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank OilKiller

The mac 'n cheese is one of my favorite items on the new menu! Eclipse rotates their offerings four times each year so next time you visit we should have a new selection of entrees to enjoy. In addition to the EV charging station we also promote sustainable energy through solar panels which power our Rooftop Terrace and New Moon Room. Thank you for the kind comments about our hotel.

See you soon!

Reviewed 27 October 2013

I stayed here one night when attending a concert at The Pageant which is next door. Great location in The Loop. The service was great and we were even served a cocktail at check-in. The hotel decor is fun and modern. Our room was nice with a fabulous bathroom! We enjoyed some pre-concert cocktails and appetizers in the hotel restaurant and then hit up the rooftop patio and lounge after the show.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank MeTravel2U

Eclipse Restaurant and our Rooftop Terrace are perfect for refueling after shows at The Pageant concert venue since their kitchen is open late until 2AM and they have drinks available until 3AM. It sounds like you were able to fit in a lot during your night in St. Louis. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

Reviewed 26 October 2013

My first time in St Louis, we stayed at Moonrise because of the neighborhood and solid hotel reviews. The hotel is great. Solid spot, modern looking, with an awesome rooftop bar. Walkable to lots of food and nightlife. If I'm back, I'm staying here.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank dreamwires

Glad to hear that your first trip to St. Louis was a memorable one! We are so fortunate to have so many shops and restaurants within walking distance to the hotel. Our neighborhood is constantly expanding so next time you visit we'll most likely have some new spots for you to explore. Thank you for sharing your experience.

Hopefully, we'll be seeing you again!