The hotel has a nice lobby and courteous staff. The decor is modern. But, here is what I experienced:
• Beds that have a thick soggy pad on top, that squeak when you move, and where the foot of the bed is elevated way higher than the head of the bed.
• Stains across the front of the tv speakers and also streaking down the wall behind the nightstand.
• A quarter inch of dust caked on top of the surge protector behind the bedside table. (There may have been dust behind other things - I just didn't want to look….)
• Stained Ironing board cover that has no padding underneath it (giving your clothes a waffle pattern from the metal top).
• Room service food that was way, way beyond salty. (This was both my dinner and my breakfast).
• The smell of sewer gas in the room (that, btw, did diminish once I ran the water in the shower for a few minutes after arriving).
I have photos of the stains on the wall, the dust, the stained ironing board cover and the sloping bed. I'll upload them later.
I stayed in February of 2014. (I hope this is helpful to the hotel and other travelers.)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Moonrise Hotel in St. Louis, Missouri blends cool modern design and quirky sophistication to create a truly unique boutique hotel experience. Located in The Loop - one of St. Louis’ most charming shopping, dining and entertainment districts - the hotel offers guests a wide array of leisure activities. Within walking distance from The Pageant nightclub, Pin-Up Bowl and St. Louis landmark Blueberry Hill restaurant and music club, you’ll find it all. Our central location and proximity to the Delmar Loop MetroLink Station make it simple for business travelers and leisure guests to get to nearby Clayton, Forest Park, Washington University, and St. Louis University, as well as The Central West End and downtown St. Louis.A bold combination of contemporary design, luxury amenities, well-appointed rooms and suites and ample meeting space, the Moonrise Hotel boldly goes where no St. Louis hotel has gone before. From the ever-changing colors of the iridescent lobby wall and open staircase to the evocative art, display cases of lunar toys, jewelry, figurines and spaceships at Eclipse Restaurant, there’s much to marvel at without ever leaving the hotel.The result: an unforgettable experience that combines Midwestern hospitality with urban chic and luxury boutique. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Moonrise Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moonrise Hotel Saint Louis