My wife and I stayed here for one night. The best thing was the convenient location - we were in St. Louis to see a concert at The Pageant, which is right next door to this hotel. The hotel is also located near a number of eating and entertainment options.
A few things that could be improved: 1) my wife and I are not big people, but the shower entry was rather small, even for us. Anyone who is even slightly larger than average size could have considerable difficulty getting in and out of the shower. Maybe it was just our room, though - this was our first time staying here. There is also a serious lack of counter space in the bathroom.
2) Your room key is needed to access your floor once you are on the elevator, which is an awesome safety feature. However, our room keys failed to work properly every time we used the elevator. Other people on the elevator told us that their room keys also had not worked properly. Fortunately, each time we used the elevator, there was at least one other passenger whose key was working, so we were able to exit at our floor. Since we were only staying the one night, and because we were always still able to access our floor, we did not say anything to hotel management during our stay.
3). This seems to definitely be a destination for people intent on "partying." The first time we rode the elevator, two men entered. One was literally falling-down drunk, and it was only 5:00 in the afternoon. There were several other instances during our short stay where we encountered people who had had too much to drink. Nothing bad happened, but just be aware that this could be a problem if you are staying here.
4) After the concert, we ate at the on-site restaurant at the hotel. We were not impressed. To quote my wife, "If they're going to serve a Ponderosa quality steak, they should charge Ponderosa prices." My food (breakfast sandwich) was OK, but I was pretty hungry after drinking beer all night at the concert next door.
It wasn't a bad experience, but we would probably only stay here again if we are coming back for a concert at The Pageant. It was great to be able to drink throughout the evening and just walk next door to the Moonrise.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Moonrise Hotel in St. Louis, Missouri blends cool modern design and quirky sophistication to create a truly unique boutique hotel experience. Located in The Loop - one of St. Louis’ most charming shopping, dining and entertainment districts - the hotel offers guests a wide array of leisure activities. Within walking distance from The Pageant nightclub, Pin-Up Bowl and St. Louis landmark Blueberry Hill restaurant and music club, you’ll find it all. Our central location and proximity to the Delmar Loop MetroLink Station make it simple for business travelers and leisure guests to get to nearby Clayton, Forest Park, Washington University, and St. Louis University, as well as The Central West End and downtown St. Louis.A bold combination of contemporary design, luxury amenities, well-appointed rooms and suites and ample meeting space, the Moonrise Hotel boldly goes where no St. Louis hotel has gone before. From the ever-changing colors of the iridescent lobby wall and open staircase to the evocative art, display cases of lunar toys, jewelry, figurines and spaceships at Eclipse Restaurant, there’s much to marvel at without ever leaving the hotel.The result: an unforgettable experience that combines Midwestern hospitality with urban chic and luxury boutique. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Moonrise Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moonrise Hotel Saint Louis