“Nice hotel”
Review of Moonrise Hotel

Moonrise Hotel
Ranked #6 of 121 Hotels in Saint Louis
Reviewed 5 June 2014

This hotel is very modern, the room was spacious and bright. There is no pool, however there is a very nice rooftop bar where you can relax at the end of the day and you can see for miles in any direction. The bed was comfortable. All of the staff seem friendly. The bathroom is also nice, however it was a bit dimly lit and small. There was some noise in the hallways.

2  Thank DM_1278
moonrisemanager, Manager at Moonrise Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Not having a pool onsite can be a disappointment for some travelers, but we are only about five minutes away from Herman Park Public Pool if you are willing to make a short trip to relax poolside. If you return and would like information on the pool or any assistance with a reservation please let me know!

Thank you for your review!

Reviewed 5 June 2014

I have stayed here two separate times and if anything, the second stay was better than the first. I concur that this staff is amazing...the front desk, the housekeeping staff, I had a very pleasant conversation with maintenance staff while on the elevator, it felt like I was staying with my best friends!
I have stayed twice in the Betty Grable suite, my boyfriend and I have just decided that's "our" suite...the room is beautiful and comfortable. I have also eaten in the restaurant located on the property and it is affordable and the food is good, the rooftop bar is also fun and lively if you are into the sort of thing.
We are already talking about when we can come back and I sure hope it's soon!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

We want all of our guests to feel welcomed by all of our staff members and think it is great that you feel as if you are here with your best friends when you stay! When you do return if I can be of any assistance setting up a reservation please let me know and I would be happy to make arrangements for you to stay in your Betty Grable suite again!

Reviewed 3 June 2014

The staff of the Moonrise were the best I have experienced in all of my hotel stays. EVERY person I encountered was friendly and attentive. The room was very nice and the beds were very comfortable. The location was 1 block from a Metrolink station, so getting downtown for the Arch, City Museum (via downtown trolley) and Busch Stadium were very convenient. We were a hop and a skip from Forest Park. My family really enjoyed visiting several spots there.

However, I traveled with my wife and 3 kids (ages 7-10). This hotel doesn't have a pool so you may want to look elsewhere if you have smaller kids. It was very loud in the hallway on our first of three nights. This is the reason for the average sleep quality rating. The shower needs some extra space to hang a washcloth as the little metal shelf is not enough. The hotel has a really cool rooftop bar. Because of this, drunk people made their way to our hallway in the middle of the night. If I visit St Louis again, I would absolutely stay at the Moonrise but not if I had my kids in tow.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank benneac
moonrisemanager, Manager at Moonrise Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

While we do not have a pool on site there is a public pool about a mile away that guests of the hotel can access. The hotel does have security guards that monitor the noise levels on our guest room floors; if security is not present while another guest is being disruptive they will respond to a guest’s noise complaint if the front desk is contacted. Our location near Forest Park is very convenient for families wanting to visit the St. Louis Zoo and there are a couple of great kid friendly restaurants in the Loop! We would love to have you stay with us again the next time you travel to St. Louis and if I can help make any arrangements please let me know.

Thank you for your review of our hotel!

Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

My daughter and I were in town to finalize her next four years of grad school. The hotel staff- outstanding.
Room was very nice and comfortable. Unfortunately, all the pros do not makeup for a terrible shower. Being able to take a decent shower is just as important as any element that I judge a hotel on. The rain style shower head is mounted directly in the center of the ceiling. No adjustment is possible. Even worse there is nothing to adjust. The water pressure was like a drip. I can't imagine any woman being able to get the shampoo out of their hair. I understand the need to restrict water flow but this was the worst I have experienced at a hotel in at least ten years. It is a shame because the Moonrise does many things very well. We initially were pleased and felt we had found our St Louis home for the next four years. With such a sub standard shower, we will have to look elsewhere.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank sscane
moonrisemanager, Manager at Moonrise Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

I spoke with you during your stay to see what we could do to improve the water pressure. Unfortunately the shower head needed to be replaced because of hard water deposits in the shower head; upon your departure we were able to replace the shower head in the room you occupied which corrected the poor water pressure. We would love the opportunity to have you back and please feel free to contact myself if you have any questions.

Regards,

Reviewed 29 May 2014

We had the Josephine Brown suite. As expected, it was very nice. Several of the reviews mentioned the outstanding hotel staff. We found that to be 100% true. Everyone is very friendly and attentive; including the maids & maintenance staff.

Our suite was on the 7th floor. The 8th floor is mainly a rooftop bar that is fun and active. The only negative was the music from the bar was annoying in our room until approximatley 2:00 AM.

Self-park is very easy & is the way to go. There is no need to use the valet.

Great location & worth a visit!

Room Tip: I assume that the rooms on the 7th floor catch most of the bar noise. If late night music bothers y...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

I hope that the music did not disrupt your sleep while you were here. The self parking is plentiful just behind the hotel, but should it fill up on a busy night we always guarantee valet parking for guests of our hotel. We would love to have you back as our guest and if I can help you make a reservation and booking you in a quieter room I would be happy to assist.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

While the room was of a high standard, the exceptional feature of this property was the service. From the parking attendants, to the front desk to the maid service, everyone tried to be solicitous and helpful. The management's philosophy on service must be complemented because the helpfulness of the personnel was felt throughout the establishment. It was a crowded weekend for college graduations in the area and the hotel provided free valet service to the events including supplying towels to dry off potentially wet outdoor seats and hot coffee, tea and bottles of water to go.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your comments about our staff! We stress customer satisfaction to our associates but it is their positive attitudes and the love of what they do that allows them to provide the level of service that you experienced! Now that your child has graduated we hope that you will find another reason to come visit!

Regards,

Reviewed 26 May 2014

My husband and I went here just for a quick 20 year anniversary get-a-way without kids. Although we live close we had never been to the Loop. It was nice to just go our and walk down the street and people watch or see the many little places to eat. The desk service was very nice and helpful when we asked about places to eat. The rooms were very spacious and clean (we had a room with the jacuzzi tub which was wonderful). We also loved the fact that you had to have a room key in order to use the elevators.

2  Thank brnj

Congratulations on your 20 year anniversary! That is an amazing milestone to reach and we are glad that you chose to celebrate it by staying at Moonrise. We appreciate your kind comments about staff members!