“Great Stay!”
Review of Moonrise Hotel

Moonrise Hotel
Ranked #6 of 121 Hotels in Saint Louis
Reviewed 9 July 2014

If you are traveling to St.Louis, the Moonrise is a must! Crystal at the front desk was so sweet and helpful in getting a quiet room, and the entire staff at the hotel were so kind! The rooms are very spacious, although the showers could be a little larger. The bed was extremely comfortable, and the room was very clean. I would suggest going out to eat or getting food and bringing it back because room service is a little pricey. We attended a concert at the Pageant and it was not even a minute away, which was really convenient. Overall I would definitely recommend the Moonrise, and I will be back!

Room Tip: Any room lower than the 7th floor, unless you don't mind a rooftop bar that is open until 3 am a...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank beachmeplz
moonrisemanager, Manager at Moonrise Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Crystal is our newest Front Desk Agent and in her short time has made a positive impression on many of our guests who interact with her! If you do go out for food stop by the Front Desk and get some suggestions from the staff on what places to try, there are many great places to choose from!

Cheers,

There are newer reviews for Moonrise Hotel

Reviewed 6 July 2014

While thus hotel's decor is fine (it's nice but certainly not the best I've seen), it really stands out because of its location and the front desk staff. The hotel us about 3/4 miles away from Forest Park which made it a short walk to the Fair St. Louis festivities. It's also on The Loop which means guests can to great places like Mission Tacos and others. The other outstanding area was its front desk staff. All of the staff were attentive and very professional despite the busy holiday weekend. Though they were all great, special thanks to Ashley for such an outstanding job when we checked in.

Though the hotel is great, parking is a challenge unless you want to pay $20/night for valet (which we did one night). Some of this is due to individuals who are not guests at the hotel attending Happy Hour and brunch at the rooftop bar.

The rooftop was a great amenity, as well, but the service was a little subpar.

One other thing to keep in mind us that the hotel is pet friendly. So, if you have pet allergies, it nay not be the place for you.

On the whole, great place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank IndyBelle2014

Thank you for your review. I will be sure to pass on your kind words of commendation to Ashley. The parking lot behind the hotel is not owned by the hotel, rather it’s a public parking lot owned by the city so the parking is first come first serve. We guarantee parking when you use the valet service at $17.00 per night for overnight hotel guests. Guest can also use two other city parking lots when the public lot behind the hotel is full, both are just two blocks away. I am sorry to hear that you found the service on the rooftop subpar, I would be happy to address the issues if you contact me with more detail, customer feedback is crucial to our continued success. Regarding, our being a pet friendly hotel, for those traveling that may have allergies we ensure that they are in a room on isolated floors that we never occupy with pets.

Thank you for sharing your experience and we hope that we have the opportunity to have you back as our guests!

Reviewed 5 July 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at the Moonrise hotel. It is trendy and modern with complimentary wifi. The lobby and room are decorated with a moon theme. I also loved the lighted stairs in the lobby. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Our room was very clean with comfortable beds. There are bathrobes and an umbrella in the room. The bathroom was clean and large with a walk in rain shower. The H20 toiletries were a plus!I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Amanda G

The stair case in the lobby is a favorite amongst many guests and a popular place to snap a quick photo. We hope you do return the next time you find yourself in St. Louis!

Cheers,

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Ultra modern, impeccably clean hotel with attentive employees!

I disagree with the reviewer who wrote "if you don't like the Loop, you won't like Moonrise"; I don't like anything about the Loop but I very much like Moonrise.

I stayed there last night for the 2nd time in 8 weeks and was very pleased; Crystal at the front desk is genuinly welcoming and a pleasure to see upon arrival.

The rooms are large with the most comfortable pillow top Serta mattresses I've ever slept on; I prefer them over my own bed at home! The bathroom is modern with a ceiling mounted shower head which provides a "rain shower" experience. There's only one small corner wire caddy afixed to the wall for your "stuff", so be prepared to place shower items on the shower floor.

The interior halls are quiet and when in the room, you cannot hear anything going on outside the door; very quiet.

Some nice touches include a HomeMedics sleep machine with 6 sound choices and the bedding is of the finest quality.

They have an incredible venue on the rooftop 8th floor which offers indoor and outdoor seating with spectacular views of Forest Park and the Delmar Loop and they allow smoking up there. Seating is abundant, including large overstuffed chairs which remind me of the beach as well as couches; very comfy.

This is one of my top 2 favorites place to stay in St. Louis.

Room Tip: I've stayed on the 7th floor overlooking the back patio; no complaints. Last night I stayed on...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Moonrise has a lot to offer our guests if they do want to stay here but not leave the hotel so it is possible to enjoy the hotel without getting into the Loop. There are some great places in the Loop and if you would like some suggestions on places to explore please feel free to ask one of our Front Desk Agents or myself the next time you are back.

Thank you for posting a review of our hotel!

Reviewed 30 June 2014

The Moonrise Hotel, a boutique hotel, located in an area called the Delmar Loop provided a comfortable stay close to a plethora of restaurants, shops, galleries and Washington University/ Danforth Campus.
From the time I stepped on the property, I was greeted with smiles and 'welcome to the Moonrise'....I liked that.
The lobby is decorated with 'space' themed items, the funky chairs, chaise lounges and the lighted stairs all made the hotel lobby quirky yet sleek.
The hotel check in process was easy and we got smiles there too!!
The room was decorated in a simple contemporary design, was very clean, very comfortable and adequately appointed. There was an empty mini fridge in the room which was handy when we brought water back to the room. The wifi is complimentary which is always a plus and the flat screen TV was about 32" which was also nice. The bathroom had clean lines, a rain shower and the toiletries provided were from one of my favorite companies, H2O...jackpot!!
There is a rooftop terrace which is very nice outfitted with wicker/bamboo chairs in the shape of quarter moons among many other fun pieces of furniture. The view from the rooftop is fantastic and it definitely a hotspot for visitors and locals alike.
During the day, there was an adult beverage/punch available for consumption, at the front desk, which was a nice touch.
The business area is quiet and there are 2 apple computers available for use. The gym is nice, clean and the variety of equipment should satisfy most.
The hotel is on Delmar Blvd which is loaded with venues, The Pageant, Tivoli and Blueberry Hill. As you walk down Delmar, there are stars/plaques embedded in the sidewalk featuring various celebrities, sports figures, actors, etc. which was fun to read.
There are two ways to travel to the hotel from the airport either by train/the Metrolink or taxi. The train station is a few blocks aways from the hotel however the aura of neighborhood is dicey. There was police presence, but why chance it? Depending on the time of day and for basic comfort, a taxi may be the way to go.
I would definitely stay at the Moonrise Hotel again and I'd encourage you to do the same. Please note that the hotel does accommodate pets. I never saw, heard or smelled one while I was there. If pets aren't your thing please be sure to request a pet-free room.

Room Tip: This hotel accommodates pets. If you aren't a pet lover be sure to ask for a pet free room. Room...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking time to provide such a detailed review of our Hotel and your experience here! The complementary cocktail is only offered at the Front Desk on weekends, we feel that it is a great way to kick off a weekend stay! The Metrolink is a safe method of transportation that many hotel guests frequently use to make their way about the city. Your recommendations of our hotel are greatly appreciated and we would love to have you back as a guest as well!

If I can be of any assistance in the future please let me know!

Reviewed 27 June 2014

We recently stayed at this hotel for an event that was being held on the rooftop. We were very happy to have the option of the valet or of free self-park. The lobby is decorated in a space theme, with astronauts and Buzz Lightyear! Check-in was very efficient. Our room was a nice size with a small, flat screen tv and a king sized bed. Unfortunately the bed was very squishy which made for a difficult night's sleep. Also, the pillows felt a bit cheap. The bathroom was large with nice toiletries. One of our favorite touches was the "pow" drain cover in the bathroom sink- super cute! The Moonrise is located right on Delmar Boulevard within walking distance to many restaurants and shops. It is also very close to Washington University.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Shampeu

Joe loves to collect space toys and memorabilia and displays it in the many display cases in Moonrise; he also as a great collection at Blueberry Hill that you should check out if you enjoyed everything here! We are currently in the process of replacing our beds so that issue should be correct soon. The pillows have been replaced recently but if you would contact me and give me the number of the room you occupied I would be happy to have Housekeeping ensure that the room does have the proper pillows. The drain covers are very unique and we are happy to hear that you enjoyed them!

Thank you for your review of our hotel!

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Hotel is situated in the "Loop" area of St Louis, which is filled with the most interesting stores and places to eat in St Louis. If you don't like the Loop you won't like the Moonrise. If you like the Loop this is the place for you. The people who work here are always friendly and seem to want to be here. Rooms vary in size, I've stayed here 3 times and had several very different styles of rooms, all have been very clean and felt relaxing to be in. If you want to "live like a rock star" this is the place as actual rock (and jazz) stars stay here. One note: the area is safe MOST of the time but I would not wonder around at 3 am, crime can be an issue, sadly this is especially true for females.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank john r
moonrisemanager, Manager at Moonrise Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

The hotel’s location in the heart of the Delmar Loop offers guests a variety of shopping, dining and entertainment options but we are also centrally located in the center of the St. Louis metropolitan area which makes it convenient for guests visiting any St. Louis area attraction. Unfortunately in today’s society crime can be a part of life in any major city and St. Louis is not any different, however St. Louis City and University City Police have worked together to make the Loop a safe neighborhood for all visitors.

We are thankful to have you as a repeat customer and if you ever need any assistance please do not hesitate to ask!