“Outstanding staff, amazing hotel, stay.”
Review of Moonrise Hotel

Moonrise Hotel
Ranked #6 of 120 Hotels in Saint Louis
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Outstanding staff, amazing hotel, stay.”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We stayed at the Moonrise as the first night of our honeymoon. From the moment we walked in, the staff was welcoming and very friendly. Throughout the trip they remembered us by our names, which was very impressive. They extended a free breakfast to us the following morning to celebrate our marriage, and moved us to a room with a better view of the city. Both were perks that certainly weren't expected, but made us feel very special. The room was extremely clean, loved the walk in shower, the sound machines, the view, all excellent.
We were able to walk everywhere on the loop and visit the shops and stores. There was an abundance of restaurants and bars along the strip. The rooftop bar was amazing, so laid back, views were impressive, vibe was cool. We did have some trouble with a wedding party that returned in the wee hours of the morning and was having quite the good time, but we were able to deal with that, thank goodness for that sound machine!
Breakfast was good, we had eggs benedict and frosted flakes french toast, both scrumptious.
The service at this hotel was A+++++, and we've both traveled extensively. The hotel was very well kept, clean, and had such an eclectic vibe, it was very trendy and fun. I would most certainly recommend this hotel to anyone. It's perfect for a quick night or weekend away. They made us feel so welcome and it was worth every penny.

Room Tip: I would avoid the top floor, the rooftop bar is right above it.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank slim3450
moonrisemanager, Manager at Moonrise Hotel, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
It is an honor that you choose to spend the first night of your honeymoon here at Moonrise! We typically try to do something special for our guests who are celebrating a special occasion. I hope the rowdy guest that arrived on your floor did not disrupt you from getting a good night’s rest. We do have security on staff that typically walk the guest room floors and remind people in hallways to be quiet, but if they miss someone they will respond to any noise complaint and ensure guests are keeping noise levels at a minimum. Your kind comments about our staff and property are greatly appreciated and we hope to have you back as our guests!

Thank you for sharing your experience

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
Champaign, Illinois
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I love the hotel, the friendly staff, the roof top bar, but the noisy air conditioners in the rooms marred what would have been a perfect stay. They need upgrading. The hotel decor is nice, clean and modern and the staff is exceptionally friendly and attentive.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Loves_2_Ride
I’m sorry that a noisy air conditioning caused a negative experience during your stay here. If you would like to contact me directly I can make sure that an Engineer inspects the room to ensure that the unit is functioning properly.

Regards,

Schaumburg, Illinois
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We recently spent a few nights in St Louis and were pleasantly surprised when we stepped into the Moonrise. We had heard good things about this boutique hotel so we took a shot. We walked in to very friendly front desk employees. Helpful and knowledgeable. Our room was at the end of the hall on the 7th floor. Spacious and very clean. Well appointed. In the evening we went upstairs to the Moonrise Bar ( rooftop outdoor bar) for cocktails. Wonderful atmosphere, great vibe and beautiful view. great overall location. 10 minute ride to anywhere you need to be in the metro st louis area

Room Tip: We were on the 7th floor. Rooftop bar is 8th floor. There was cleanup noise in particular Saturday...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank 795ScottR
We are located in the center of the St. Louis metropolitan area which leaves us about a ten or fifteen minute drive or Metrolink ride from any attraction in the St. Louis area. The Rooftop Terrace Lounge provides great views of the St. Louis area to take in while you are enjoying a cocktail, but it there weather does not permit to be outside, the New Moon Room also provides a great atmosphere to enjoy while sipping on a cocktail.

Thank you for sharing your experience!

Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Wonderful hotel. Staff is professional, attentive and very friendly and welcoming. Decor is funky and very cool. Rooms are large, well appointed and very clean. Beds are very comfortable. Restaurant was very good with outstanding dinner service. Rooftop bar was an awesome location to relax with a great view. Every staff member we had an interaction with was friendly and customer focused. Highly recommended!

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Our staff members really enjoy working at Moonrise which makes it easy for them to provide the service you experienced! Your recommendation of our hotel is appreciated and we hope to have you back as our guest in the near future!

Cheers,

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 17 August 2014

My overall experience at the Moonrise Hotel was a very good one. The attendants at the front desk were extremely helpful and friendly. The room was comfortable. The view from the rooftop was amazing. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

The only issue I had during my stay was the breakfast service. My first night I hung the tag on the door requesting breakfast to be brought to my room between 7:15 and 7:30. At 7:45 I had to call down to room service and tell them to cancel my breakfast order as I needed to leave for work. I deciced to give it one more try, so my second night I hung a tag on the door again requesting breakfast be brought to my room between 7:15 and 7:30. At 6:40 there was a knock at my door, waking me up, to deliver my breakfast. While the food was good, the room service itself stood a lot to be desired.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
I am sorry to hear the issues you encountered with room service during your stay. I will work with the General Manager of Eclipse to find solutions to not having room service delivered at the requested times and the next time you stay your experience can be perfect! If you would like to discuss the service or would like assistance with any other request please feel free to contact me directly.

Regards,

Jacksonville, Illinois
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

My husband and I along with another couple stayed at this hotel on a Saturday night. We saw pictures of the hotel on the Internet and had to stay there. The front desk rep was really nice and friendly. Everything looked so stylish and clean. The elevators worked only with your room key which is an awesome safety feature. The rooms were spacious,(we had a king room). Everything was clean. The area is great and the metro is a short walk away. We will Def stay there again but will request not to be on the 7th floor. At times we could hear noise from the bar that's on the roof. No real complaints about the hotel itself. It's a must stay!

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
The guest room elevators also service the bars on the roof of the hotel so we elected to have them secure so only guests of the hotel can access the guest room floors. I hope that the noise did not disturb your sleep while you were here. We can honor your request to keep you on a lower floor the next time you are here!

Thank you for your review!

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We booked this hotel at the last minute after arriving in St Louis while driving along Route 66 and needing a hotel and weren't let down. From checking in to leaving all the staff were friendly and even gave us a room upgrade as it was our honeymoon, the decor of the hotel is fun and interesting, the room was a nice size, clean and I didn't want to leave my bed in the morning. It makes a nice change from all the generic hotels where you could be in any city. The location was also good as we had a nice walk up the street before heading back to the roof top bar and sitting under the big moon on the roof, I would definitely stay here again if I'm ever back in St Louis

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
We hope that you do return to St. Louis so we can have you back as our guest! The beds in the room are very comfortable and I know the feeling of not wanting to get out of it when it is time to wake up. It is nice that we were able to provide you with a different experience than they typical chain hotel!

Cheers,