“Love this hotel! And I am picky!”
Review of Moonrise Hotel

Moonrise Hotel
Ranked #5 of 120 Hotels in Saint Louis
“Love this hotel! And I am picky!”
Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I visited August 18th-20th. We arrived and asked for an upgrade which we got for 100/night. It was well worth it. We received a king bed, jacuzzi tub, rainfall shower, and a massage chair (room 521) which was jacuzzi suite. Let me break it down real quick.

Pros: clean room, his and her bath robes, lots of extra towels, comphy bed, ceiling is decorated-- I'll save the surprise for when the lights are off, massage chair (not your typical chair at the pedicure station in the salon ladies--even better), jacuzzi tub (not typical tub-- believe they used air for the jets and not recycled water?), shower was soothing, great bath products by h20 and they had shower cap and hair dryer, umbrella, iron board, the housekeeping did a great job keeping our room tidy, 24 hour room service, roof top bar @ night, tanning on the roof during the day, free parking, sound machine next to bed to block out my bfs snoring :), pet friendly yet I heard no pets and it was still very clean, location to cute loop area, DVD rental for room if needed.

Cons-not many. Needed outlets on night stands. Bigger closet space. Didn't like the dual door for bathroom and closet, more food choices on menu, hold on card for incidentals was at least 250.00$, housekeeping was almost too efficient. They cleaned our floor starting at 6 am and didn't leave all day. It was kind of loud and annoying. But they did a great job!!! More drawer space.

Overall I will def be back to this hotel with out a doubt. Outstanding stay. So many little touches make this hotel so unique. It's so new and refreshing to stay in. Nice change of pace from the typical hilton or holiday inn. Cant wait return. Thank you for a wonderful stay :)

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Kat K
moonrisemanager, Manager at Moonrise Hotel, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
We are happy that we were able to provide you with a wonderful experience and we would like to thank you for a detailed review on our hotel! Room 521 is our only room in the hotel that has a massage chair and it is something to experience! Most of our guest rooms have outlets on the lamps on the night stands but the room you occupied was designed a little different, but I will see what we can do to add outlets for the guests. The hold on the guest’s credit card should be for the amount of room and tax plus $50 for incidentals. We look forward to having you back in the future and if I can be of assistance please feel free to ask!

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 20 August 2014

The Moonrise Hotel was recommended to me by a co-worker who travels to St. Louis regularly on business. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay there, and I recommend it to anyone traveling to St. Louis. It's a great little boutique hotel with a friendly staff, a small but well-equipped gym, a restaurant/bar at the lobby level, and a rooftop bar on the eight floor. The rooftop bar nice views, tasty food, and a good selection of craft beers on tap and in bottles. The hotel is located in the Loop District near Washington University and Forest Park. You have lots of dining and nightlife options within easy walking distance. In fact, Pin Up Bowling is two doors to the west of the hotel, and the Pageant concert hall is just a block or two to the east. I will absolutely stay there again when I travel to St. Louis for work.

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper, try to avoid the seventh floor- especially near the elevators. The ho...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Lyle R
We appreciate your recommendation of our hotel to anyone traveling to St. Louis! There are many activities very close to our hotel so if you are looking for a place for a vacation or just a quick weekend getaway keep us in mind!

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We stayed at the Moonrise as the first night of our honeymoon. From the moment we walked in, the staff was welcoming and very friendly. Throughout the trip they remembered us by our names, which was very impressive. They extended a free breakfast to us the following morning to celebrate our marriage, and moved us to a room with a better view of the city. Both were perks that certainly weren't expected, but made us feel very special. The room was extremely clean, loved the walk in shower, the sound machines, the view, all excellent.
We were able to walk everywhere on the loop and visit the shops and stores. There was an abundance of restaurants and bars along the strip. The rooftop bar was amazing, so laid back, views were impressive, vibe was cool. We did have some trouble with a wedding party that returned in the wee hours of the morning and was having quite the good time, but we were able to deal with that, thank goodness for that sound machine!
Breakfast was good, we had eggs benedict and frosted flakes french toast, both scrumptious.
The service at this hotel was A+++++, and we've both traveled extensively. The hotel was very well kept, clean, and had such an eclectic vibe, it was very trendy and fun. I would most certainly recommend this hotel to anyone. It's perfect for a quick night or weekend away. They made us feel so welcome and it was worth every penny.

Room Tip: I would avoid the top floor, the rooftop bar is right above it.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank slim3450
It is an honor that you choose to spend the first night of your honeymoon here at Moonrise! We typically try to do something special for our guests who are celebrating a special occasion. I hope the rowdy guest that arrived on your floor did not disrupt you from getting a good night’s rest. We do have security on staff that typically walk the guest room floors and remind people in hallways to be quiet, but if they miss someone they will respond to any noise complaint and ensure guests are keeping noise levels at a minimum. Your kind comments about our staff and property are greatly appreciated and we hope to have you back as our guests!

Thank you for sharing your experience

Champaign, Illinois
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I love the hotel, the friendly staff, the roof top bar, but the noisy air conditioners in the rooms marred what would have been a perfect stay. They need upgrading. The hotel decor is nice, clean and modern and the staff is exceptionally friendly and attentive.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Loves_2_Ride
I’m sorry that a noisy air conditioning caused a negative experience during your stay here. If you would like to contact me directly I can make sure that an Engineer inspects the room to ensure that the unit is functioning properly.

Regards,

Schaumburg, Illinois
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We recently spent a few nights in St Louis and were pleasantly surprised when we stepped into the Moonrise. We had heard good things about this boutique hotel so we took a shot. We walked in to very friendly front desk employees. Helpful and knowledgeable. Our room was at the end of the hall on the 7th floor. Spacious and very clean. Well appointed. In the evening we went upstairs to the Moonrise Bar ( rooftop outdoor bar) for cocktails. Wonderful atmosphere, great vibe and beautiful view. great overall location. 10 minute ride to anywhere you need to be in the metro st louis area

Room Tip: We were on the 7th floor. Rooftop bar is 8th floor. There was cleanup noise in particular Saturday...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank 795ScottR
We are located in the center of the St. Louis metropolitan area which leaves us about a ten or fifteen minute drive or Metrolink ride from any attraction in the St. Louis area. The Rooftop Terrace Lounge provides great views of the St. Louis area to take in while you are enjoying a cocktail, but it there weather does not permit to be outside, the New Moon Room also provides a great atmosphere to enjoy while sipping on a cocktail.

Thank you for sharing your experience!

Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Wonderful hotel. Staff is professional, attentive and very friendly and welcoming. Decor is funky and very cool. Rooms are large, well appointed and very clean. Beds are very comfortable. Restaurant was very good with outstanding dinner service. Rooftop bar was an awesome location to relax with a great view. Every staff member we had an interaction with was friendly and customer focused. Highly recommended!

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Our staff members really enjoy working at Moonrise which makes it easy for them to provide the service you experienced! Your recommendation of our hotel is appreciated and we hope to have you back as our guest in the near future!

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 17 August 2014

My overall experience at the Moonrise Hotel was a very good one. The attendants at the front desk were extremely helpful and friendly. The room was comfortable. The view from the rooftop was amazing. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

The only issue I had during my stay was the breakfast service. My first night I hung the tag on the door requesting breakfast to be brought to my room between 7:15 and 7:30. At 7:45 I had to call down to room service and tell them to cancel my breakfast order as I needed to leave for work. I deciced to give it one more try, so my second night I hung a tag on the door again requesting breakfast be brought to my room between 7:15 and 7:30. At 6:40 there was a knock at my door, waking me up, to deliver my breakfast. While the food was good, the room service itself stood a lot to be desired.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
I am sorry to hear the issues you encountered with room service during your stay. I will work with the General Manager of Eclipse to find solutions to not having room service delivered at the requested times and the next time you stay your experience can be perfect! If you would like to discuss the service or would like assistance with any other request please feel free to contact me directly.

Regards,