“AWESOME”
Review of Moonrise Hotel

Moonrise Hotel
Ranked #6 of 123 Hotels in Saint Louis
Reviewed 25 October 2010

I made reservations at the Moonrise Hotel through Travelocity.com Top Secret hotel deals. My husband and I liked it so much we stayed an extra night. The rooms and staff were excellent. When we turned off the lights at night the moon and stars painted on the ceiling were so real we felt as if we were sleeping outside. We will definitely go back and stay again.

1  Thank istoptraffic
Write a ReviewReviews (1,249)

Reviewed 17 October 2010

First time in St. Louise & found this hotel on trip advisor. Travel 100K + a year with almost 4 months/yr in hotels.

Moonrise is the best. hotel. ever.

First, staff at the front desk are witty, efficient, helpful and creative. Within minutes we had all the perfect recommendations, advise on transport and entertainment, and coupons for the bar.

Second, the rooms are perfectly sized with ample storage, groovy ipod and white noise docks, and great toiletries. Dead quiet, too.

Third, the Eclipse offers outstanding hotel food. Breakfasts are ample, yummy, and cheap and dinners were the best on the strip. The wait staff were friendly and efficient, and what fun to get to know.

Finally, the rooftop bar has great views, hot bartenders, and amply poured drinks. Tunage excellent and the crowd friendly and fun.

Oh yeah...free wifi and parking. Honestly.

No hesitation. Go. Enjoy. Repeat.

Thanks, moonrise.

1  Thank seamusandandy
Reviewed 13 October 2010

Moonrise Hotel in the Delmar Loop area was an excellent choice for my friend and me. Parking was free, and we could catch the Metro Link (light rail) into downtown just a couple of blocks away. The area is full of all kinds of restaurants, many with outdoor seating. It is a short drive to Forest Park and all its attractions.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 October 2010

we got premium service for staying the night of our wedding. they gave us a suite with a discounted rate. the best part was the clean room and decor. also, the roof-top bar was spectacular! a great place, full of nostalgia, comfort, and fun. i'll always remember that night! thanks Joe Edwards for creating such a great place in the heart of U-City.

1  Thank curtgrub
Reviewed 6 October 2010

I stayed at this hotel for a photography workshop I was attending in February 2010. I have to say that the service I received was above and beyond anything I could have imagined. The staff were polite and ready to assist me with whatever I needed. If at anytime I saw a staff member in the hallway they asked if I needed anything--they went out of their way to make sure I was taken care of. The hotel itself is gorgeous, new, and very funky. I loved all of the little touches to make it unique, such as the light up stairway in the main lobby, the funky chandelier or the crazy chairs and artwork. I loved the moon theme and felt they pulled it off wonderfully without making me feel like I was working for NASA. If I am ever in need of a hotel again in STL, I will be staying at the Moonrise no questions asked!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 October 2010

Definitely one of the best hotels we have stayed in in recent years. The Eclipse restaurant also is a special dining experience. The food and the wait staff are superior.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 October 2010

This was a great hotel--very "retro hip". It was so clever that I had to chuckle about the decorating touches and moon/sleep theme amenities, down to the "Judy Jetson" martini in the bar. It was delightful and fun. Very clean. Nice staff. Amazing rooftop bar. Comfortable room. Great location. I will definitely stay there again.

Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple