“Very good ice cream, even by Wisconsin standards.”
Review of Fountain on Locust

Fountain on Locust
Ranked #4 of 88 Dessert in Saint Louis
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: American, Diner, Bar, Cafe
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Grand Center / Midtown
Description: **We will be closed Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, but will be open the following day the 26th. Additionally, we will be open on two Mondays before and after Christmas on December 21 and December 28. The most photographed restaurant in St Louis. And Home of The Ice Cream Martini ~ with delicious FRESH-MADE food, fine ice creams, chocolates and retro cocktails - all in a one-of-a-kind, handpainted Art Deco interior. Exceptional SOUPS!
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
“Very good ice cream, even by Wisconsin standards.”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

My wife, my two children, ages 12 and 3, and I came here on Thursday night (more on that in a second). I ordered a brownie sundae in a cup. A homemade brownie, vanilla ice cream, hot fudge, and pecans in a coffee cup. It was really good. The brownie was hot and soft. My wife ordered the pineapple right side up sundae in a cup and that was also really good. My older son ordered the three coin sundae and that was also good. All three sundaes were right around $7 per piece, a little pricey in my opinion. Were ordered garlic cheese bread for our youngest, about $5 in price, and that was also pretty good.
Now, the reason for the day of the week being mentioned is this...on the first Thursday of every month, at 9 pm the have Burlesque Bingo. We arrived at 8:15 pm and they asked if we can eat quick because they have a party coming in. We did not know what was going on until a woman dressed like a '20's flapper girl walked by and asked if we were leaving because we had "little eyes with us". We finally asked our waitress what was happening and she explained that it was burlesque bingo. We got in and out quick. If we came on any other day of the week, we would have enjoyed it more and it would be fine for children...just not that night.

• Visited July 2014
marlastl, Guest Relations Manager at Fountain on Locust, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Thanks so much for bringing your family in for dessert while you were in the area. We're sorry you had to rush your visit, but we do indeed have Burlesque Bingo the first Thursday of each month. We do hope you come back again for a longer visit the next time you're in town!

Le Sueur
“Everything was AMAZING!”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We were only in St Louis for a few hours and decided to stop based on the reviews and we were not disappointed. The atmosphere is art deco and the food is unique, who would have thought that apples go well in a grilled cheese?! It is not a big, and fancy, just fun and delicious. My family of 5 decided to each try something different so that we could share, we had the grilled cheese, Fountain Porchetta, Black Hawk and Hot Roast Beef Melt, each and everyone was amazing! We were all stuffed, but everything was so good, we decided to try the ice cream, which was equally amazing. We ate here on the first day of a 14 day trip and throughout our trip we continually referenced the food at Fountain on Locust. If I lived closer, I would eat there at least once a week! Also, our waitress was great, especially since everyone was getting some thing different, we could have frustrated many a waitress!

• Visited June 2014
marlastl, Guest Relations Manager at Fountain on Locust, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Thanks for bringing your family in and posting about everything you tried! We wish you lived closer too ;) We look forward to having you back as guests the next time you're in the area.
Missouri
“Nice spot for lunch”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Besides the location (some shady characters nearby), I loved this little place. The interior is fun, the ice cream is delicious, and the portions are large. I ordered a panini with a side of salad, and I could only eat half the sandwich and a bite of salad (I took home the rest for dinner). My young son had a kids P&J with apples/oranges, and chips. Together we shared a make your own sundae. I found the service to be fast, attentive, and quite friendly. Overall it was a delicious, nice spot for lunch!

• Visited July 2014
We are pleased to hear you and your son enjoyed your lunch with us! Thanks for taking the time to post about your visit and we hope you will join us again the next time you're in the area!
Chesterfield, Missouri
“We went for ice cream which was great but a little pricey.”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Four of us went after dinner at Blue Berry Hill to the Fountain for ice-cream. All of us had some form of a two scoop hot fudge sundae.

What's unique is that they have a large variety of ice cream and toppings to choose from. The choices are great, but I think the serving sizes could be a little bigger for $5.95 sundae.

The service was great and the art deco decor was outstanding

We definitely will go back. I am anxious to sample their food menu.

• Visited June 2014
marlastl, Guest Relations Manager at Fountain on Locust, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Thanks so much for coming in for dessert with your four-some! We look forward to having you back to try out the rest of our menu :)
St. Louis, MO
“Nice Spot for Lunch”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

My friend and I were in the area around the noon hour so we stopped in for lunch. Our service was excellent, and both of us really enjoyed our lunches. My friend got a soup/salad combo, while I opted for the Hot Roast Beef Melt and seasoned potato chips. Sadly we did not save room for dessert, so I want to go back and rectify that!

• Visited June 2014
marlastl, Director of Sales at Fountain on Locust, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
So glad you and your friend stopped in for lunch and took the time to post about it. We look forward to having you back soon so you can try our amazing desserts too! :)