“Love this place!”

Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: American, Diner, Bar, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Grand Center / Midtown
Description: **We will be closed Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, but will be open the following day the 26th. Additionally, we will be open on two Mondays before and after Christmas on December 21 and December 28. The most photographed restaurant in St Louis. And Home of The Ice Cream Martini ~ with delicious FRESH-MADE food, fine ice creams, chocolates and retro cocktails - all in a one-of-a-kind, handpainted Art Deco interior. Exceptional SOUPS!
Mesa, Arizona
“Love this place!”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

The food, the atmosphere, and the ice cream... all delicious! I highly recommend the coconut almond joy ice cream! Sometimes the wait is very long, whether you're waiting to be seated or waiting on a waiter to get to your table. Last time I was there, the waiter took our drink order... then forgot to bring them! But I would still recommend this place. If you get a chance, sit in one of the back booths where you can hear the little radios with their unique soap opera playing on it. They're pretty funny!

• Visited April 2014
marlastl, Guest Relations Manager at Fountain on Locust, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Thank you so much for visiting us (and your patience ;)! We appreciate you taking the time to post and hope you come back and see us the next time you're in the area.

Saint Louis, Missouri
“Very good!”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Sandwiches, soups, salads, and others, plus desserts that are yummy! I've had lunch or dinner here several times with family and everything has been excellent . The food has tasty little extras - had the pick two yesterday with pulled pork - great chutney - and a wonderful sweet potato/coconut/ginger soup. My daughter's chicken pesto sandwich was very good, too. I've also had shepherd's pie - also very good and nicely seasoned. There are always vegetarian options.

Great dessert menu, but I have always gotten the 'World's Smallest Sundae' - it is *just* the right amount of ice cream (love the Zanzibar Chocolate) and the rest of the food is so good, I have never wanted much dessert. My mother loves that they serve real ice cream sodas.

• Visited July 2014
marlastl, Guest Relations Manager at Fountain on Locust, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
So glad to hear your family are all fans of our menu! Thanks for coming in and taking the time to post about your experience. Come back soon!
“Fabulously eclectic!”
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Loved this place. Took my 8,9,10 yr old. The kids menu is brief, but really good. Everything is tasty with a twist. Our waitress, Lacey, was extremely patient. The kids loved her.
The dessert options are too many! And all that we tried were great!

Thanks so much for coming in with your family and taking the time to post about your visit! We hope you all come back and see us again soon :)
Devon
“Love this place!!”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We came in search of ice cream yesterday and were not disappointed at all. It's not plain ol' ice cream, the menu is really creative and the main meals looked fab too, looking forward to going back to try them and of course some more ice cream! We tried to come today in fact but forgot they closed on Mondays! The only negative things I can say about the place is that it is quite dark inside and as the ceiling is so high it is very noisy from people talking over each other. Forgot to say the cocktails and the mock tails are great too!

• Visited July 2014
marlastl, Guest Relations Manager at Fountain on Locust, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Thanks for coming in and posting about your visit! We look forward to having you back again soon to enjoy our made from scratch meal options too!
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
“Very good ice cream, even by Wisconsin standards.”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

My wife, my two children, ages 12 and 3, and I came here on Thursday night (more on that in a second). I ordered a brownie sundae in a cup. A homemade brownie, vanilla ice cream, hot fudge, and pecans in a coffee cup. It was really good. The brownie was hot and soft. My wife ordered the pineapple right side up sundae in a cup and that was also really good. My older son ordered the three coin sundae and that was also good. All three sundaes were right around $7 per piece, a little pricey in my opinion. Were ordered garlic cheese bread for our youngest, about $5 in price, and that was also pretty good.
Now, the reason for the day of the week being mentioned is this...on the first Thursday of every month, at 9 pm the have Burlesque Bingo. We arrived at 8:15 pm and they asked if we can eat quick because they have a party coming in. We did not know what was going on until a woman dressed like a '20's flapper girl walked by and asked if we were leaving because we had "little eyes with us". We finally asked our waitress what was happening and she explained that it was burlesque bingo. We got in and out quick. If we came on any other day of the week, we would have enjoyed it more and it would be fine for children...just not that night.

• Visited July 2014
Thanks so much for bringing your family in for dessert while you were in the area. We're sorry you had to rush your visit, but we do indeed have Burlesque Bingo the first Thursday of each month. We do hope you come back again for a longer visit the next time you're in town!