“Great experience” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #94 of 121 Hotels in Saint Louis
Mtn.Home
“Great experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2006

I stayed at this motel about a week ago. I would reccomend it to anyone. Staff was pleasant was very willing to help in any way possible .When I called before I stayed they were always willing to answer all questions and was pationet.
It is true motel you can see busy road from your room we knew this before we came. I never at one time felt unsafe. We were there for ladies conference and had to walk to and from Edwards Dome and we felt fine about it.
I would recommend it to anyone and am planning if I come next year to stay there again .

• Liked — close to event
  • Disliked — exterier rooms
  • Tips/Secrets — book early
  • Stayed September 2006, travelled on business
      Location
      Check-in / front desk
4 Thank Penquin77

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Korean first
Mountain Home
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2006

We were there for the Joyce Meyer womens convention. We found our stay to be very pleasant. Rooms were clean, beds were comfortable, rates were good, and all assistance from employees was found to be friendly and helpful. The Donuts were fresh!!!
All advertised ammenities were available upon request. We had absolutely no reason not to feel safe and secure.

• Liked — Very friendly staff.
  • Disliked — Nothing we didn't like.
  • Tips/Secrets — Book early.
  • Stayed September 2006, travelled on business
      Location
      Check-in / front desk
3 Thank ShadowKat
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2005

I can drive anywhere in Chicago and feel safer than I did at this hotel. The hotel was right on the edge of a bad neighborhood, the traffic in the area is a disaster, and I was constantly worried for our safety there. The parking is under the hotel, but despite the bars fencing off the main street, you could enter on the side without anything stopping you. There is video surveillance, but when we arrived the clerk was so busy chatting with her friend that she would have never seen someone breaking into a vehicle. The elevator alone could have been the subject of a Stephen King novel. To get to Busch Stadium, which was many blocks away, we had to walk at least 5 blocks to the Metrolink station and through some empty lots that are not well lit at night. When we got back from our excursion, there was a panhandler outside the hotel. The room did not have a hair dryer or coffee maker, there were cigarette burns on the tub, lightbulbs out, and the furniture looked like WWE matches had been held around there. Breakfast was stale dunkin donuts.
This place should be considered only if sleeping in your car is not possible. Don't go here - it's close for Rams games but they charge $20 extra for parking and who knows if your car will be there when you get back. Spend that money to go somewhere else and take the Metrolink to the stadium.

• Stayed June 2005
10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2004

The only thing that could help this place would be the posting of a condemnation notice. Upon arrival I took one look at the parking structure and wanted to run. The ceiling was sagging a good eight inches and it appeared a cave-in was imminent. I stayed in room 215. The bathroom door was larger than the opening and did not shut. I could have used the towels to file my nails. The "coffeemaker" and "blowdryers" are only available in some rooms, mine was not one of those rooms. There are large signs posted on the hotel informing you that you are under 24 hour video surveillance. I had my suspicions that the rooms could be rented by the hour. You must return your key card to the front desk daily for reprogramming. The hotel is surrounded by vacant fields which during the Rams season are used for parking, and for other activities at other times, I won't go into the things I saw littering the lots. The continental breakfast consists of two-day old doughnuts and coffee. The coffee was ok. If you need a hotel for a Rams game I can recommend the Econo Lodge Riverfront if you can stay drunk for the duration of your visit.

16 Thank Sandy D