“Great location, Great Value”

The Chase Park Plaza
Ranked #40 of 120 Hotels in Saint Louis
Pensacola, Florida
“Great location, Great Value”
Reviewed 10 December 2012

I really enjoyed our stay here, and think that it is a great value for the rate that we got. The hotel is older with a lot of charm. The rooms are not very large, but were comfortable. There are several restaurants/bars in the plaza, along with an old movie theater. It is within walking distance of a lot of cool shops, restaurants, and Forest Park. I highly recommend staying here, if in St. Louis.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Andy E, Director of Sales at The Chase Park Plaza, responded to this review, 17 January 2013
Thank you for your Five Star Review of your recent experiences at the Chase Park Plaza. I'm very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and were able to explore the area and experience all that the Central West End has to offer.

Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit to St. Louis.

Andy Ellis, Director of Sales & Marketing

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (288)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Reviewed 9 December 2012

Booked a suite for as a surprise for my wife on our anniversary. Room was impeccable....spacious and clean with beautiful decode. Headed down to cafe eau for Sunday brunch. Big mistake. Tasteful decor, but no music for the first half hour we were here, but the air circulation unit in the corner we were seated drowned out conversation well enough. The menu was lacking so we settled for the buffet which the host recommended. Another big mistake. The pancakes were inedibly cold, and when we requested hot ones, we were graciously presented a slightly less hardened variety. $50 later I feel as though we were had for this terrible dining experience. Too many options in the CWE to bother with cafe eau.

• Stayed December 2012
Andy E, Director of Sales at The Chase Park Plaza, responded to this review, 24 January 2013
I definitely appreciate the feedback on your recent experiences at the Chase. I am glad that you enjoyed the hotel and the accommodations but concerned about your Brunch experience. I have notified the cullinary team so that they can look into these issues and make some changes where necessary.

In the meantime I would like to invite you back to the hotel for brunch as my guest. I can be reached at aellis@chaseparkplaza.com.

Thank you again for your comments and I look forward to hearing back from you.

Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 5 December 2012

I have stayed in hotels in the United Kingdom as well as the US and this one is one of the best. I was welcomed by professional staff and a beautiful lobby. The restaurants provide excellent food and service. The fitness center is very well appointed with top of the line equipment and knowledgeable trainers. The beds are very comfortable; just the right amount of support. I also appreciated the high level of sound-proofing. I didn't know there was a party next door until I excited my room. Self-parking is easy; direct access to the hotel from the garage. I will stay at the Chase Park Plaza every time I visit St. Louis. Thank you for a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: The one bedroom suites are well worth the extra money!
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sandra C
Andy E, Director of Sales at The Chase Park Plaza, responded to this review, 16 January 2013
Thank you for taking time to post such a terrific review about your experiences at the Chase Park Plaza. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and were able to experience the wonderful amenities that we have to offer.

I will be sure to share your comments with the hotel team and we look forward to hosting you the next time you are in St. Louis.

San Pedro, California
Reviewed 4 December 2012

The Hotel has the greatest advantage in the location. It is walking distance to the Cathedral, Forrest Park and nice local shops/restaurants It is close to the Metro and this makes the entire city easy to visit and tour. The staff are helpful and friendly. The facilities are clean and well kept.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
Andy E, Director of Sales at The Chase Park Plaza, responded to this review, 7 January 2013
I wanted to thank you so much for taking time to post a review about your recent experiences at the Chase Park Plaza. We appreciate the wonderful feedback and I am so pleased that you enjoyed the hotel and the surrounding area. The Central West End has so much to offer and it appears that you were able to get out and explore.

Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit.

St. Louis
Reviewed 3 December 2012

This is a great hotel. It's beautiful. It has wonderful amenities. The spa, while not why I would go to the hotel, is very nice. It has a great gym. It's wonderful going to a movie and taking the elevator upstairs to go to bed. It's in a great location. You have to be careful as it isn't in the safest part of town, but there is enough activity on the same block as the hotel that you feel pretty safe walking to other restaurants at night. The restaurants have great food. The staff is also very friendly and helpful.

There are a few suggestions I have though. 1. The staff does not seem to be very familiar with the hotel packages. I had to go back to the front desk to get the movie tickets for the movie package one night and I had to inform another person what was included in the spa package. There was also no way to book two packages for two different nights without checking out and checking back in. Fortunately we got to stay in the same room, but it seems a little odd that they can't let you just book two packages in a row without having to physically check out in between. It's not as though it was a huge deal, but when you book a weekend with specific packages at a nice hotel it's nice to have everything streamlined and not have to tell people what they should already know and not have to check out and check back in again. This wouldn't impact the rating, and we're pretty easy going when it comes to this kind of thing, but rather just a suggestion. 2. The decorative pillows and bedspreads have got to go. It is totally unacceptable to have bedding that isn't washed every single time a guest leaves. Even if the bedding is washable it doesn't look as though it is, so it went straight to the floor- only to be put back on the bed after housekeeping came. It's all I could think about at night. Just invest in some of the white duvets that can be washed after each guest leaves and get rid of the decorative pillows all together!

Overall it's a great hotel and I would absolutely recommend it, but I'd really like to see that bedding changed before our next stay!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for the recent review that you posted about your stay at the Chase. I appreciate all the wonderful comments about the amenities and the staff here at hotel and I will be sure to share them with the team.

I want to also thank you for sharing your comments about the packages and our lack of awareness as to what's included. I will ensure that our Front Desk team have a more thorough understanding and can articulate them to our guests without confusion.

We take all of our guest comments very seriously and I wanted to let you know that we are currently exploring new options for our bedding package.

Thank you again and we look forward to your next stay.

Andy Ellis Director of Sales & Marketing
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed 21 November 2012

We just stayed here last week and were so pleased with the location- right across the street from the park with so much to do and still close to other areas of the city like downtown.This is an older property that has so many great amenities and a very pleasant and accomodating staff, but it is in much need of a facelift.The suites are very big and comfortable enough but the furniture, drapes and other decor are worn and very dated.If you stay here be sure to ask for a room with a park view or you will be looking at the parking garage or another part of the building.The hotel seems to be in demand for parties and weddings,as they were going on all weekend and it was very busy.We plan on returning to St.Louis in the spring and will probably stay here again, but I will be asking if they have any rooms that have been updated and have a nice park view.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your recent review and for staying at the Chase Park Plaza. The information that you provided is much appreciated as it definitely helps us look at areas that need improvement while at the same time having the opportunity to share this with our team and thank them for their hard work.

You mention that you are planning another trip to St. Louis in the Spring and I would ask that you contact me directly and I can help ensure that your stay with us is perfect. I can be reached at (314) 633-3012.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 21 November 2012 via mobile

This hotel is in a wonderful location. I stayed last year in a suite and again recently. I was surprised that the hotel didn't seem as we'll kept this year. My room was just dirty. It seemed "worn out". I would stay here again. The staff was incredible and the location is terrific. It just seems the place needs some tlc!

• Stayed October 2012
Andy E, Director of Sales at The Chase Park Plaza, responded to this review, 3 January 2013
Thank you so much for the great feedback on your recent stay. I apologize that we did not exceed your expectations during this visit and that you felt the hotel was not as well kept as your last stay. Your comments have been passed along to the Management team so that these issues can be rectified. Noone should expect to come to the Chase and have a less than perfect stay.

I would welcome the opportunity to discuss this in more detail and can be reached at aellis@chaseparkplaza.com.

Thank you again and I look forward to hearing from you soon.