“Love this Hotel”

The Chase Park Plaza
Ranked #36 of 123 Hotels in Saint Louis
Reviewed 19 June 2014

This is a beautiful hotel. My room was spacious. The bathroom was larger than most other hotels. I loved the feel of the linens on the bed. I had cocktails and dinner on the patio of Cafe Eau. I recommend the Apple Orchard and the Shrimp & Grits. I plan to explore the shops in the neighborhood before my pedicure appointment in the hotel spa. I love that I can walk to Forest Park. Oh yeah...the pool area is awesome!

• Stayed: June 2014
ChaseParkPlazaHotel, General Manager at The Chase Park Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

We couldn’t be more thrilled with how happy you were with your recent stay with The Chase Park Plaza. Thank you for your kind compliments with how beautiful you found our hotel. We’re so glad you enjoyed the luxury of all our amenities and services. And your meal choice sounds delicious! Please come back for another great stay soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,181)

Reviewed 18 June 2014

The suite was very elegantly appointed and surprisingly reasonably priced. They were very accommodating on providing a early check in, and a late check out. The staff was very polite and accommodating. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank eakfs

Sounds like your stay with The Chase Park Plaza perfectly met your needs and that makes us very happy. Our associates will be gratified to hear how polite and helpful you found them. It is wonderful to know you were so satisfied that you will definitely stay with us again. Thank you for sharing your glowing review.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

This hotel is in an excellent location with lots to see and do surrounding the hotel. How many hotels boast a 5 cinema movie theatre and a lap pool (a rarity in modern hotels). Very elegant and stately, excellent service. The rooms are a little dark and dated and could use a refreshing. My first room had frayed carpet and a noisy connecting room, but I was promptly moved to a much better room the second time. Cynthia in the club lounge was wonderful. Paying a little extra for the club lounge is well worth it.

Room Tip: Go for it (club level)
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
ChaseParkPlazaHotel, General Manager at The Chase Park Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Your detailed comments on The Chase Park Plaza Hotel are much appreciated. We always encourage our guests to let us know what they would like, and we thank you for giving us the opportunity to fully impress you on your recent visit. We’re so glad you enjoyed your Club Level room and our central location. It is our hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

I made our reservation by phone well in advance; specifically for a club level suite. I had a letter from management confirming this. Upon arrival we were told that such a room was not available; it had been given to someone else -- no reason given. I made our reservation in Feb. for a June stay for a suite for 4 people. I was offered a suite on the eighth floor and had to argue for club level privileges (good thing I knew about them). I was ultimately given club level privileges (breakfast, drinks at cocktail hour).
We were pleased with our suite, but it had no coffee maker and the temperature was very difficult to control. The location of the hotel was great. Downtown St. Louis very disappointing. The Tenderloin Room was excellent. Room service was so slow I had to cancel it. I would stay here again but be very careful to get the room type you want,

Room Tip: Club level worth it.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

While we are happy you enjoyed many aspects of your recent visit with us, it is truly regrettable we did not fully impress you. While it is not entirely clear in this forum as to what transpired with your guest room request, we apologize for any disappointment you may have encountered over your room change, and for the difficulty in controlling the temperature in your suite. Coffeemakers are available upon request. It is gratifying to know your stay with us was so positive you would come again. Thank you for sharing your experience and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

Booked king room, called and confirmed room on drive only to arrive at 10:30 at night to queen bed. When I asked where our king bed was they said there are no more kings and kings are not guaranteed, it has a queen sleeper sofa you can pull out. It's 10:30 at night that's not the point I don't want to sleep on a sleeper sofa I asked for king, I confirmed king, and I want king. Andi at front desk was not nice at all about it and manager Stephanie was no help either. I understand if they gave my room away and no more rooms but neither one of them apologized for their mistake and in fact kept referring to notes that there was no king requested as if I was a liar. Unbelievable!

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Tupelofood

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. It seems that we missed the mark when it comes to a couple of issues for you and for that we are truly sorry. Service is very important to us and it is regrettable if you experienced anything other than our very best. It is never our intent for a valued guest to feel disappointment in any way and we will be certain to share your comments with all of our associates. We hope we can welcome you back in the future and provide the stay you deserve.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 3 days as part of a business trip. I was on the 9th floor which meant I had access to The Chase Club, which entitled me to free breakfast and nibbles and drinks. My room was nice but not exceptional. My colleague, who was on the same floor, room was very cramped. Good selection of restaurants and bars in walking distance. Ate in the Tenderloin Restaurant very pretenious staff. Good selection of beers in both bars.
Negatives when I arrived there was no coffee maker in room, I had to ask 4 times, last time late at night, before I received one.
St Louis - I had time to kill while waiting for a colleague hotel is ideally situated to visit Zoo which is free, but you need a taxi to get downtown. Downtown apart from Gateway Arch not alot to see. Couldn't find any shops!!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank bingoboots

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how well your visit with The Chase Park Plaza went recently. We’re glad you found your Club Level room nice, and you enjoyed our bars and Tenderloin Room. We apologize for the inconvenience of having to wait for a coffeemaker, and we appreciate you letting us know what you needed. Our Concierge is always happy to assist guests in locating the activities and shopping they would like in the area. We would be delighted to have you return in the future.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

I spend a good deal of time doing business in St. Louis, staying in hotels throughout the metro area. As usual, I booked thru Priceline for $70 a night. The directions from the airport, east on 70 and south on kingshighway, was a little scary. However, the Hotel is located close to the 64 and the Barnes Jewish Hospital. This area is really Forest Park with a beautiful and large park across the street. The hotel rooms were renovated and looked beautiful. The hotel not only has a privately run gym (free to hotel guests) but also a multi-screen movie theatre that serves booze. There are several restaurants. However, I only ate at he bar and outside patio. I had the best best patty melt that I have ever had. right outside th hotel is a little oasis of shops and restaurants. Great hotel.

Room Tip: As for rooms next to the private residences.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

It is a great honor that you liked The Chase Park Plaza Hotel so well that you would stay with us anytime. We’re glad you appreciated our beautiful view of Forest Park, and our convenient location close to so many St. Louis attractions and activities. Your patty melt sounds perfect! Thank you for sharing your glowing review and we would love to have you back soon.