“Something Has Changed”

The Chase Park Plaza
Ranked #36 of 123 Hotels in Saint Louis
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Something has changed since last year at this iconic hotel. Last year everything was superb! From the checkin, to the rooms, to the food. There was so much attention to detail and catering to the guest. My week longg stay was so pleasant I didn't want to leave. So of course when business called me back to St Louis, The Chase was the only place I chose. But I was very disappointed this time. This year the room was dirty. The cleaning staff was not up to par and their new parking garage set up did not work. Leaving guests stranded in the garage. There's definitely something new about The Chase' management or personnel. Did they every hear the saying,,,,,If it's not broke don't try and fix it. I hope to see The Chase return to 5 star rating for my next visit. Stay tuned....

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Zeta R
ChaseParkPlazaHotel, General Manager at The Chase Park Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

We appreciate that you provided such detailed feedback from your recent visit. It is truly disappointing to read about the housekeeping issues you shared, as well as the inconvenience you encountered in the parking garage. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the frustration and disappointment you experienced. Your comments will be shared with everyone here to make certain our associates are committed to delivering top-notch customer service to our valued guests. Thank you.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,181)

Reviewed 26 July 2014

This is the best hotel in St. Louis, period. It just doesn't get any better than The Chase. People want to complain about this or that when they wouldn't get half of the things they get at The Chase anywhere else in the city. The rooms are great, the pool is AMAZING for it be randomly in the middle of the city. It's just the best.

• Stayed: July 2014

Thank you ever so much for your glowing review of Chase Park Plaza. All of us are positively thrilled we provided you with such a memorable stay. We’re so glad to know you enjoyed your accommodations and made use of our outdoor pool. Positive feedback such as yours encourages us to continue to provide the exceptional service we feel our guests deserve. Please come back again soon.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Enjoyed a recent stay at the Chase Park Plaza. I was in for just one night for a client meeting in St. Louis. I thought the accomodations were comfortable and clean and the service was adequate. The food was quite good and you could tell the staff and hotel pays very close attention to the details in each restaurant. Overall, the rooms are ready for an upgrade. They are fine and really I have no complaints, but as you will find, they just need a sprucing up. More modern ammenities and inviting furniture would go a long way. Other than that, I would recommened staying in this historic hotel located in a great part of the city.

Room Tip: Ask for a quite room. Hospital is close by and can be a little noisy. Not bad overall.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Whether our guests stay for business or leisure, it’s always our desire to provide the best experience possible. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your visit to Chase Park Plaza. Our location makes it easy to get to so many St. Louis attractions. All of our associates will be thrilled to learn how attentive and helpful you found them. Thank you for your comments about our décor, we apologize if any detail was not fully impressive to you. We truly appreciate your recommendation and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I stayed here for business. Staff was very friendly, checkin was fast and easy, and the room was extremely large with full living and separate bedroom. Bed was very comfortable and room was wonderfully quiet. I can't speak to any of the other amenities, but I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Your wonderful review of Chase Park Plaza is most appreciated. Positive feedback such as yours encourages us to continue providing the exceptional service you describe. From your large, comfortable accommodations to your good check in experience, we’re so glad we could provide you with a relaxing and memorable experience. We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

I had a chance to visit The Chase Park Plaza pool last Sunday and enjoyed a relaxing poolside event. There were beautiful cabanas and chaises to lounge on, outdoor food and beverages, and music to top it all off. I would recommend anyone interested in staying in St. Louis to book a room at the Chase and enjoy this lovely Sunday event. It was the perfect end to my week!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your glowing comments about our Sunday pool party. We’re delighted you were able to enjoy the many features of the party, and you felt it was the perfect end to your week. We hope to welcome you back to The Chase Park Plaza soon.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

I have stayed here several times on both business and personal travel. I think they have done a very good job of transforming and maintaining an old property to 4.5 or 5 star standards. First, the location is great. Right across the street from Forest Park and other attractions. If you are a runner this is a great location for you. Also there is a bunch of good restaurants right around the corner. So if you like to get out and adventure on foot this is a good and safe location. Downstair lounge is also great and they have some good music. I found the service to be very good. Attentive, friendly, fast, and knowledgeable service. I lost my valet ticket. No problem. My wife likes Coke, but you only have Pepsi? Well they found a Coke for her. Like most luxury, it is always the little things that make a difference. The rooms are well done, although some are a bit dated. We were on the 9th floor and it was very very quiet, although my kids were not at times. At $350+ a night it is very pricey and the valet at $27 a night is a bit much, but if you are going to indulge you could do worse. If I could afford it I would stay more often. Unfortunately I am usually relegated to the Drury or Crowne (both nice places) when I come on business. Oh, one little disappointment, the pool was underwhelming and the heater was broken when we were there. Minor annoyance. I would recommend.

Room Tip: 8 floor +. Also watch out for Zule
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your detailed review of Chase Park Plaza. We’re delighted you have stayed with us several times, and during those visits you have enjoyed so many of our amenities and services. We apologize for the momentary inconvenience you encountered at our pool, and reassure you it has since been corrected. All of our associates will be so happy to hear you found their service to be so attentive and knowledgeable. We appreciate your recommendation, and hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

The Chase Park Plaza is my favorite hotel for many reasons. The restaurants cater to dietary constraints. The staff is always helpful. The pool is awesome. There is new gym equipment downstairs as well as a wonderful yoga instructor!
I always sleep well there. It's my St. Louis home.

Room Tip: The front rooms overlooking the park have a nice view of trees and the neighborhood.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your wonderful review of Chase Park Plaza. You do us a great honor by calling us your favorite hotel, thank you. All of our associates will be thrilled to know how their great service helps you feel and sleep so well here. We love your pictures, thanks for sharing them. We look forward to welcoming back soon to your St. Louis home.