When we arrived to the hotel around noon, I asked to have a room assigned since we were planning on spending the whole day in the city and wouldn't be back at the hotel until 11pm that night. The front desk clerk refused to do that and I had to argue for almost one hour to simply get a room number. Mind you, I didn't want to check in at the time or use the room. I'm a light sleeper and simply wanted a room away from Clayton Rd.
When we finally got to the room aroudn 11pm, I realized that the room was dirty. There were peanuts and old gummy bears on the floor. Also, the neighbor's kids were yelling, jumping and throwing themselves at the wall. I called the reception and expressed my displeasure about the cleanliness of the room and the noise. Sara, the front desk supervisor, promised to send housekeeping over and call the family next door. Well, 10 minutes later, the noise continued and Sara called again. I was told that housekeeping was already gone for the day and that instead, I would be given a partial refund in the morning. Again, she promised that people next door would quiet down.
In the morning, the breakfast was crowded. The setup is not very well thought out, so there is always a huge line in front of the buffet and they kept running out of everything such as plates, silverware, sandwhiches, half and half, etc. Needless to say, we were late. The most disgusting thing was the fruit. The strawberries had mildew on them and tasted expired.
When I went to the checkout, the front desk clerk did not offer me the promised refund. In fact, I had to ask him for it. He didn't know how to do it since I paid though Livingsocial. He asked his manager, who was equally clueless. After asking me what I wanted, I replied that I wanted a refund. Well, I was told that they wouldn't be able to do that and that it would be a matter for the General Manager, who wasn't there. They didn't offer to contact him or help me out at all.
I honestly can't say a single positive thing about this hotel. I have travelled 100% for my job and practically lived in various hotels all over this country for 3 years straight and have never experienced such lack of professionalism, cleanliness and customer focus.
The owners should be ashamed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cheshire embodies the charm and authenticity of a traditional British inn with all the modern conveniences of today. Guest rooms range from our Deluxe class to our Royal class with turndown services and upgraded amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your The Cheshire reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cheshire Hotel Saint Louis
- Cheshire Hotel Saint Louis
- Cheshire Lodge St Louis
- Cheshire Inn St Louis
- Cheshire Saint Louis