The Cheshire
Moonrise Hotel(Saint Louis)
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsfox and houndsforest parkthemed roomsliterary themejames bond suitetudor stylebathroom lightclayton roadscavenger huntwood burning fireplacecontinental breakfastfresh fruitboutique hotelunderground parkingwashington universityart museumcommon areas
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

We were very happy with our room. The hotel has a wonderful staff and close to many attractions. The hotel has a wonderful old English decor. We stayed for 1week and the price for the room was very good.

• Stayed: May 2014
Andrew A, Front Office Manager at The Cheshire, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Dear Thomas W,
Thank you so much for taking time to write a wonderful review about your stay with us at The Cheshire! I constantly am reminded about how great the members of our team are! We loved having you for the week and hope that you come back very soon!

Reviewed 12 June 2014

We chose The Cheshire for a one night stay while in St. Louis. Our only regret is that we could not have stayed for a few more nights. From the time we arrived until we checked out we have nothing but good things to say. Plenty of parking,check in was fast and very friendly,the hotel is set in an old English charm and was neat and clean. All of the staff were more the helpful and very friendly. It is always pleasant to see people that enjoy there job. With four different on site options for dining you have lots of choices. Our favorite was the fox and hounds tavern. From the moment we walked in the staff acknowledged us and made us feel welcome. We would like to give a special thank you to Kimmi, she was great! She went went out of her way to chat with us and recommend things to do in the area. She had a vast knowledge of "adult beverages" and how to serve them. I couldn't begin to tell you what a relaxing and fun evening we had at the fox and hounds tavern, everyone was wonderful staff and guests alike. We can't wait to return and spend more than one night!

Dear Sharron O,
Thank you so much for your extremely kind words about your stay with us at The Cheshire! Kimmi had such a great time taking care of you all! She really is truly an amazing asset to this team. In fact everyone here is very passionate about hospitality! I really am so happy to hear that you had such a great time! We cannot wait for you to come back!

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Gotta stay at the Cheshire Inn! It's a quaint, boutique Inn where the rooms are superbly named for English writers. The staff is friendly and accommodating, the tavern is an excellent meeting place with an impressive selection of libations. The location is just a short walk to the Forest Park where there are a lot of attractions. The continental breakfast did the trick with just enough of a variety that it didn't overwhelm you, good food and coffee, and kid friendly. We're looking forward to staying in the Ian Flemming and Sir Arthur Conan Doyle suites... can't wait.

Room Tip: Any of them are good. Find your favorite English author and go for it. There is a copy of the author's best seller in the room for your reading pleasure.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Andrew A, Front Office Manager at The Cheshire, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear Mark M,
Thank you so much for your very kind words about your stay at The Cheshire! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed all of our amenities and themed rooms! Our location right across from Forest Park is really amazing and makes a weekend away that much better! We cannot wait for you to come back to try the different suites!

Reviewed 12 June 2014

I travel from Chicago to STL every week and the hotel makes a very big difference to me. I have been staying at several other high end hotels in the area and I am ready to switch. The main reason for the switch is plain and simple...............the staff. They were extremely accomodating! The great service started with Lydia taking the time to give accurate directions. The next day I needed some addtional help in my room and Sara went out of her way to assist (in less than 5 minutes). Justin also took some time to help me with several questinons around dinner and the workout center. At the end of the day, the people make the differene and I just wanted to say that is the reason behind my switch to the Cheshire. Thanks for a great stay and see you next week.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Scott A,
Thank you for your glowing review of The Cheshire! I am so delighted to hear that your stay was so great! I truly believe that you are correct that this hotel would not be the same without the amazing team members such as Lydia, Sara, and Justin! They really are so passionate about creating amazing guest experiences. We cannot wait to see you back next week.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

O.k., a hotel inspired by old world English charm? Really? I had my guard up when booking The Cheshire, but it came down quickly as I relaxed in this charming, somewhat magical place. Nice, comfortable boutique hotel which really felt old world yet very modern. The staff was accommodating and professional. My favorite part of the hotel -- the Fox and Hounds bar which was a great way to relax at the end of the day. Hats off to Carlos and Mandi -- they made us feel like long-lost friends who stopped by for a visit visit (good job on the bar-tending there Carlos). I also loved the bath products in the rooms -- very high end and made me feel like a new person after using. Finally, good onsite eateries which provided some unique dishes. Thank you to the team at the Cheshire for making our visit such a nice stay.

1  Thank Manny P
Andrew A, Front Office Manager at The Cheshire, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear Manny P,
Thank you so much for your amazing review of The Cheshire! The Fox and Hounds pub really is an amazing place to meet with both old and new friends. We are so incredibly lucky to have people like Carlos and Mandi on our team. They truly care so much about hospitality and it shows. I hope to see you again the next time you are in town!