My colleagues and I were traveling for business and usually stay downtown, but with the Cards in town, room rates were too high so we stayed at the The Cheshire Inn. I'm not big on themed hotels and the tudor style is not my favorite, nor is taxidermy or ridiculosly low lighting. At first, I thought this was going to be a long, long 3 night stay...
I cannot tell you how great the service was. Justin and Benjamin checked us in, told us a bit about the hotel, the bar and the restaurant. The room was clean, neat and despite other reviews, I personally had no issue with cleanliness or housekeeping. We asked Ben and Justin to call us a cab so that we could make it down to the Famous Pappy's before they ran out of food. While we waited for the cab, we chatted at them. These two front desk staff were the friendliest, most genuine individuals I have ever come across while traveling for business (and I travel A LOT for the company). We had so much food left over from Pappy's that we brought them back what we didn't touch. They were most appreciative!
The Fox & The Hound bar inside the hotel was visited nightly by our team after long days at the plant. I forgot the two bartenders names (a female and a male), but they were also very friendly, genuine and made my stay much more enjoyable. They recommended Sasha's Wine Bar down the street from the hotel and we LOVED it. I definitely recommend the short walk over for a great selection of wine and beer.
Thanks to all for the great service. The only thing that I found that needed improvement was the breakfast. It was a little lean and did not offer too many choices. Other than that I was completely satisfied with my stay there. Please recognize Justin, Benjamin and the bartenders for their excellent service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cheshire embodies the charm and authenticity of a traditional British inn with all the modern conveniences of today. Guest rooms range from our Deluxe class to our Royal class with turndown services and upgraded amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Cheshire reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cheshire Hotel Saint Louis
- Cheshire Hotel Saint Louis
- Cheshire Lodge St Louis
- Cheshire Inn St Louis
- Cheshire Saint Louis