“Had a GRAND Time at the Grand Center Inn”
Review of Grand Center Inn

Grand Center Inn
Ranked #12 of 26 Saint Louis B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 August 2011

I was looking for a nice, solid B&B place to stay during a weekend in St. Louis that would not break my budget. I must say that I was very pleased with my stay here. I plan to return in the fall. My room was comfortable, well furnished, and clean. It was nice to come back from a hot day of sightseeing and be able to settle back into a nice,comfortable and cool room. Usually, I am very particular about cleanliness-especially in the bathroom. I found myself soaking in my claw foot tub without any worries.

The Inn was a easy to get to and was close to the attractions and places that I wanted to see. There were many convenient places such as restaurants, grocery stores. drug stores to go to. Not to mention as a solo traveler, who was not familiar with St. Louis, safety was key for me. I felt safe. On my final night at the B&B, I walked a few blocks to a local diner. The streets were quiet, there were people out and about. My walk took about 15-20 minutes and was fine.

Eric and Franchesco were wonderful. You can tell that they care about the quality of what they have to offer. They care about their visitors and really go out of their way to make sure that your experience meets your expectations. They even drew out maps for me detailing where I should go to eat and explore. They are wonderful conversationalists. The food was tasty and there was plenty of variety for one to choose from.

I felt that the price was fair for what I received and I look forward to returning in the fall!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank BlssdTrvlr
There are newer reviews for Grand Center Inn

Reviewed 22 July 2011

The Innkeepers were very nice. The Inn was Clean and Comfortable! Breakfast was good and hot. Location was awsome. Safe and close to many activities.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 June 2011

Thank you for the wonderful stay we enjoyed while in town for the Robert Plant show at the Fox Theater. You have a very beautiful inn that I will definitely revisit when opportunity arises. The rooms and grounds are awesome and maintained beautifully. We were also very happy with the nice quiet atmosphere that allowed us to have a restful stay. Hospitality was A+ too! I will have no problem recommending your establishment to friends and family. Thank you for the great service.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 April 2011

This was our first experience with a bed and breakfast, and it will certainly not be our last! We arrived after 9pm and were warmly greeted by the proprietors, Francesco and Eric. Upon arrival, we were pleasantly surprised to learn that our gracious hosts had upgraded our stay to The Repertory Suite. We were totally impressed with the accommodations. Since this was a surprise for me, Eric kindly arranged the room to my husband's specifications and I was completely blown away by the details. The bed was amazingly soft and plush. I wish I could have taken it home with us. We felt as if we were staying with friends that had offered us the best room in the home - theirs. The breakfast was simply scrumptious - buttery croissants, delicious spinach & asiago cheese sausage, mouthwatering egg & asparagus frittata, fluffy pancakes and succulent fruit! The personalized service and friendly atmosphere made for a truly memorable celebration. It is our desire to have annual visits to the inn, for it was totally Grand!

Maurice & Hope

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hopefulfaces
Reviewed 9 April 2011

Close to the Arch and downtown. Lots to do in St Louis! Inn keeper was great! Breakfast was delicious. Would recommend this place!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bexroadtripper
Reviewed 5 April 2011

Ok, I new it was bound to be a great stay, but I never anticipated such wonderful experiences all the way around. My sister showed me the Repertory room and I had to have it: right decision! Here goes the review:

First, I have to discuss the owners, Franchesco and Eric. They were the most gracious and sincere hostesses ever imagined. We arrived on the 29th, and Franchesco was waiting. He greeted us with a smile and offered to help us carry our bags to our room. The dining area was almost finished, but since it wasn't, we had room service for 2 mornings. And the food....wow! Fresh fruit, meat , bagels, orange juice, etc...all in our jammies! I like to eat, and the amount was very sufficient. Franchesco NEVER let us run out of ice for our drinkies, either.

The room was breathtaking. Pictures do not do it justice. We were there to attend the Janet Jackson concert on the 31st, and when we woke up at 8am, we seen buses and semi-trailers from our room at the Fox Theatre. It is a 3 minute walk from the B & B; 2 minutes for my sister and I. We had a generously sized room with a living area, a huge bedroom (with a comfy, comfy bed!), and a nice country style bathroom. It was very quiet and I slept like a baby. The rooms were extremely clean and the LR had an ample amount of coffee, water, etc...cups and informational magazines and maps for the St. Louis tourist(s). The B & B is in a very safe location and you are given keys for both the front door and your room. It is 1.8 miles to the Arch.

We were never so sad to leave anywhere in our lives! Four nights had passed by sooo fast! After we loaded our rented Versa (we named it "Dunk" after Janet..lol) we got a picture of our new found friends, said goodbye, and received our homemade goodies from Franchesco that he had packed for us for our trip home. It was a moment that reminded me of parents sending their children off to college.

This isn't just a B & B, its THE B & B! Sure, it has steps; its suppose to! After all, it is a historical St. Louis 3 story treasure. Well....it is for me and Punky, anyway!

I can go on and on, but I have to work! Thank you Franchesco and Eric for EVERYTHING! I not only gained memories in my first trip to St. Louis, but also 2 new awesome friends!

I hope to see you in July! We want to bring youns some Tennessee moonshine. Yeee-haw! Until then, I'll call youns sometime. Yeah, Tennessee slang..lol.

Carrie

• Stayed: March 2011
1  Thank alliesmom71
Reviewed 23 January 2011

I stayed at the Grand Center Inn with my wife, while on a business trip. I was a bit skeptical, having never stayed at a Bed & Breakfast before; but after our experience at the Grand Center Inn, I see why people choose them over the same-old cookie-cutter chain hotels.

It felt like we were staying with our super-nice, very cool, long-lost relatives, who owned an awesome restored historic mansion. They restored the building with modern necessities (free wi-fi, cable, parking, etc), and excellent taste.

The owners were very NICE, hospitable, and charming. We loved the location. It felt very safe, was easy to get to, had plenty of parking, and was literally a stones-throw away from the gallery I was working at, a block away from many more galleries, theaters, restaurants, and a short drive from more attractions, restaurants, etc.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business