“"Best Travel Experience"”
Review of Grand Center Inn

Grand Center Inn
Ranked #12 of 26 Saint Louis B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 October 2011

One of the organization that I am a member traveled to St. Louis to attend a convention during October. After reading reviews about The Grand Center Inn, we decided to stay for the week. We were amazed at the service and beautification of this Bed and Breakfast. We a warm welcome from the hosts. A tour was given of the complete property and the beautification was breathtaking! Our rooms were extremely clean and the service was "First Class". The breakfast was delicious. This was such a wonderful B&B that we hated to depart. Our next convention will be held in St. Louis and we will be staying at The Grand Center Inn. Eric and Renato, thank you for making this such a wonderful trip.

Alicia

Room Tip: All of the Rooms are the very best
2  Thank Alice L

Reviewed 12 October 2011

I lamented over writing this review because I hate to pick out negatives when there are positives.
I ultimately decided to write this as I wish I had seen such a review
when I was selecting a B & B for my recent trip.
I hope that this is taken as corrective criticism and in a positive light.
First off, the Inn could not have been cleaner. Everything was airy and clean.
The host were very friendly and cordial.
The rooms were well appointed and lovely and provided with water, coffee and
some wonderful cookies.
However, there was nowhere in our room to hang anything. The bathroom had a rack with
hooks, but there was no closet, armoire, hangers etc for any clothing items.
There was no luggage rack so I had to place my suitcase on the floor.
There was Dove shampoo and conditioner (I bring my own shampoo bath wash etc), but no soap or hand soap.
I used the shampoo to wash my hands.
All of the reviews I read raved about breakfast. However, I did not find that to be the case. The first
day there was potatoes, sausage, sliced pears and cheese and what appeared to be store bought croissants and muffins along with boxed cereal. And only 2% milk for coffee.
I had called in advance because my daughter is vegan and they said there would be no problem.
They thought she could eat the cheese (?)
They apparently did not understand what vegan was but said they would correct the issue on the second day.
The next morning they had a frittata with the same sausage, pears and cheese, and muffins.
There were no plates so we just opted to go eat at a wonderful restaurant for breakfast in St
Louis Central West End called Scape.
I travel a fair amount in the states and over seas. I understand Continental Breakfast and European Breakfast and big southern "Jethro" breakfast and this wasn't a good version of any of them.
I am 115 lbs and don't need a lot, but I do expect
a little something special at my B & B's since that is what the name implies.
The building is beautiful and has good bones and with a little effort could be a
wonderful B & B. Unfortunately due to my experience I would not visit again.

5  Thank memphis129
Reviewed 9 October 2011

The house was extremely clean, but a deodorizing spray had been used that was extremely strong. Opening the windows in the room helped. The home is still being worked on and had an unfinished look. Breakfast was a disappointment with packaged breakfast items making up the bulk of what was offered. I would not return to this B&B. I look for the extras that make a B&B more inviting than a motel.

8  Thank Betsy H
Reviewed 4 October 2011

My wife and I stayed for the third time at the Grand Center Inn this past September. As with our previous stays, our latest visit to the Grand Center Inn was top notch in all respects. As a frequent visitor to St. Louis for over the past 20 years, I can say with confidence that the Grand Center Inn is hands down the best place to stay in St. Louis. It feels like a home away from home. We recommend anyone visiting St. Louis, whether for one night or for an extended visit, to stay at the Grand Center Inn.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Caststeels
Reviewed 5 September 2011

What a lovely experience - We'd recommend the Grand Center Inn to anyone planning a trip to St. Louis. The Repertory Suite was spacious, charming and well appointed. Our host, Renato, is wonderfully personable and helpful and his enthusiasm for the restoration effort at the Grand Center and elsewhere in St. Louis was wonderful. We enjoyed a variety of tasty treats for breakfast each day and were thoroughly pleased with our experience at the Inn. Oh, and I should also say that parking was a breeze and it was centrally located and convenient to all the things we wanted to do.

Room Tip: The Repertory Suite was beautiful and roomy.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Amosnali
Reviewed 29 August 2011

Great location with friendly and helpful hosts! The room was spacious, clean and charming and was as close to a "home away from home" as I could possibly expect. The only thing lacking was perhaps a mini-fridge in the room. Breakfast was very tasty as well. I would gladly stay there again and can easily recommend the Grand Center Inn to my friends.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank scottygee
Reviewed 4 August 2011

I was looking for a nice, solid B&B place to stay during a weekend in St. Louis that would not break my budget. I must say that I was very pleased with my stay here. I plan to return in the fall. My room was comfortable, well furnished, and clean. It was nice to come back from a hot day of sightseeing and be able to settle back into a nice,comfortable and cool room. Usually, I am very particular about cleanliness-especially in the bathroom. I found myself soaking in my claw foot tub without any worries.

The Inn was a easy to get to and was close to the attractions and places that I wanted to see. There were many convenient places such as restaurants, grocery stores. drug stores to go to. Not to mention as a solo traveler, who was not familiar with St. Louis, safety was key for me. I felt safe. On my final night at the B&B, I walked a few blocks to a local diner. The streets were quiet, there were people out and about. My walk took about 15-20 minutes and was fine.

Eric and Franchesco were wonderful. You can tell that they care about the quality of what they have to offer. They care about their visitors and really go out of their way to make sure that your experience meets your expectations. They even drew out maps for me detailing where I should go to eat and explore. They are wonderful conversationalists. The food was tasty and there was plenty of variety for one to choose from.

I felt that the price was fair for what I received and I look forward to returning in the fall!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo