“Family Reunion at the Inn”
Review of Grand Center Inn

Grand Center Inn
Ranked #11 of 26 Saint Louis B&B and Inns
Leesburg, Virginia
“Family Reunion at the Inn”
Reviewed 19 October 2011

The Inn provided the perfect setting for our family reunion. We were quite a large group- 10 adults and 8 children! We especially enjoyed Eric and Renato's unending hospitality, scrumptious hot breakfasts; comfortable sleeps; the nice gated side lawn which was ideal for gathering in the sun and letting the children run; and the 4 course family Italian dinner that they prepared was amazing.

To address some concerns made by other reviewers: Eric & Renato are in the process of renovating a kitchen on the first floor - at which time, guests will have access to a fridge. In the meantime, they are more then happy to share the Inn's fridge with guests. They helped us store our picnic provisions. The breakfasts are truly amazing - copious fresh fruit (pineapple, blueberries, strawberries); hot oatmeal; pastries, warm bread, interesting meats. Renato made scrambled eggs fresh for the children each day! In the olden days, homes were not built with closets - Eric and Renato have provided for hanging clothes in each room. I think that the other reviewer's idea about the need to add luggage racks is a good one.

Eric & Renato, thank you for helping us create a memory that will be with us for a lifetime. Thanks too for all your efforts to preserve a piece of history...the Meirwether Mansion. Your Inn is truly amazing and we will definitely come back!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank Anne F

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 13 October 2011

One of the organization that I am a member traveled to St. Louis to attend a convention during October. After reading reviews about The Grand Center Inn, we decided to stay for the week. We were amazed at the service and beautification of this Bed and Breakfast. We a warm welcome from the hosts. A tour was given of the complete property and the beautification was breathtaking! Our rooms were extremely clean and the service was "First Class". The breakfast was delicious. This was such a wonderful B&B that we hated to depart. Our next convention will be held in St. Louis and we will be staying at The Grand Center Inn. Eric and Renato, thank you for making this such a wonderful trip.

Alicia

Room Tip: All of the Rooms are the very best
2 Thank Alice L
memphis
Reviewed 12 October 2011

I lamented over writing this review because I hate to pick out negatives when there are positives.
I ultimately decided to write this as I wish I had seen such a review
when I was selecting a B & B for my recent trip.
I hope that this is taken as corrective criticism and in a positive light.
First off, the Inn could not have been cleaner. Everything was airy and clean.
The host were very friendly and cordial.
The rooms were well appointed and lovely and provided with water, coffee and
some wonderful cookies.
However, there was nowhere in our room to hang anything. The bathroom had a rack with
hooks, but there was no closet, armoire, hangers etc for any clothing items.
There was no luggage rack so I had to place my suitcase on the floor.
There was Dove shampoo and conditioner (I bring my own shampoo bath wash etc), but no soap or hand soap.
I used the shampoo to wash my hands.
All of the reviews I read raved about breakfast. However, I did not find that to be the case. The first
day there was potatoes, sausage, sliced pears and cheese and what appeared to be store bought croissants and muffins along with boxed cereal. And only 2% milk for coffee.
I had called in advance because my daughter is vegan and they said there would be no problem.
They thought she could eat the cheese (?)
They apparently did not understand what vegan was but said they would correct the issue on the second day.
The next morning they had a frittata with the same sausage, pears and cheese, and muffins.
There were no plates so we just opted to go eat at a wonderful restaurant for breakfast in St
Louis Central West End called Scape.
I travel a fair amount in the states and over seas. I understand Continental Breakfast and European Breakfast and big southern "Jethro" breakfast and this wasn't a good version of any of them.
I am 115 lbs and don't need a lot, but I do expect
a little something special at my B & B's since that is what the name implies.
The building is beautiful and has good bones and with a little effort could be a
wonderful B & B. Unfortunately due to my experience I would not visit again.

5 Thank memphis129
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed 9 October 2011

The house was extremely clean, but a deodorizing spray had been used that was extremely strong. Opening the windows in the room helped. The home is still being worked on and had an unfinished look. Breakfast was a disappointment with packaged breakfast items making up the bulk of what was offered. I would not return to this B&B. I look for the extras that make a B&B more inviting than a motel.

8 Thank Betsy H
North Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed 4 October 2011

My wife and I stayed for the third time at the Grand Center Inn this past September. As with our previous stays, our latest visit to the Grand Center Inn was top notch in all respects. As a frequent visitor to St. Louis for over the past 20 years, I can say with confidence that the Grand Center Inn is hands down the best place to stay in St. Louis. It feels like a home away from home. We recommend anyone visiting St. Louis, whether for one night or for an extended visit, to stay at the Grand Center Inn.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Caststeels
Reviewed 5 September 2011

What a lovely experience - We'd recommend the Grand Center Inn to anyone planning a trip to St. Louis. The Repertory Suite was spacious, charming and well appointed. Our host, Renato, is wonderfully personable and helpful and his enthusiasm for the restoration effort at the Grand Center and elsewhere in St. Louis was wonderful. We enjoyed a variety of tasty treats for breakfast each day and were thoroughly pleased with our experience at the Inn. Oh, and I should also say that parking was a breeze and it was centrally located and convenient to all the things we wanted to do.

Room Tip: The Repertory Suite was beautiful and roomy.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Amosnali
Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed 29 August 2011

Great location with friendly and helpful hosts! The room was spacious, clean and charming and was as close to a "home away from home" as I could possibly expect. The only thing lacking was perhaps a mini-fridge in the room. Breakfast was very tasty as well. I would gladly stay there again and can easily recommend the Grand Center Inn to my friends.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple