“Perfect!!”
Review of Grand Center Inn

Grand Center Inn
Ranked #11 of 26 Saint Louis B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Everything about my stay was absolutely awesome. The owners were wonderful. Both were very friendly and helpful. The bed in the Sun room (my room for this trip) was by far the best bed I have had at any place I've stayed, including higher end hotels throughout the world. I was really pleased with breakfast both mornings I was there. It was delicious, and both owners checked to make sure I had no dietary restrictions before preparing anything. The location is great for reaching the theaters, and (if you are an active type) only an hour's walk from the zoo. Free parking in front of the building made getting things to and from my car easy. I will definitely be staying here again!

Room Tip: Definitely read the room descriptions. You book the exact room when you make reservations. If your f...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
10  Thank ThornsOnTheRose

Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

To put it very simply, it was perfect. Kind, helpful innkeeper. It is an absolutely beautiful inn. The rod are spacious and well appointed. Convenient location. Easy free parking. We loved everything about this establishment.

• Stayed: April 2014
9  Thank zeldascott
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This was our second stay at the Grand Center Inn. We stayed just one night on the Friday before Memorial Day. We stayed 2 nights on the same weekend in 2013. This place is reliably clean, and for a refurbished old house, the rooms are spacious. The rooms are on 3 floors, so if stairs are an issue, ask for a room that is not on the top floor. Last year we were on the 2nd floor in the Sheldon room. We appreciated that it was fairly quiet and had 2 sinks in the bathroom. This year we were on the 3rd floor in the Contemporary Room. It is a great space with a sitting area, large tv, kitchenette, and 2 sinks in the bathroom. My only complaint is that the AC unit was a bit noisy and could have cooled a bit better (maybe we didn't turn the temperature down enough; we set it on 65, but the room was a bit warm at night). We did not purchase breakfast this time. We had a breakfast restaurant we wanted to try. Another reviewer had mentioned Rooster, and it was great. We did have breakfast at the Inn last year. I remember breakfast being good and filling. If you want breakfast at the inn, include it when you book your room. I am not sure, but I think they only offer a full breakfast on weekends. Another reviewer suggested Nadoz bakery which is nearby--on their website it only shows them being open on weekdays. Depending on how much you are willing to walk, there are a number of places you can walk to if a little over a mile is okay with you. Otherwise, the driving was very easy and not congested either of the Memorial Day weekends we stayed.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
12  Thank 60004Kathy
Reviewed 26 May 2014

This was my second time back in St. Louis and the only place I wanted to stay was "The Grand Center Inn"!
This amazing bed & breakfast is greatly decorated and located closed to everything (shopping,theatres, jazz clubs, etc).The faculty was extremely clean, warm and inviting and provided great customer services.
They give you so much more than staying at a chain hotel. I highly recommend staying at The Grand Center Inn. Try it you won't be disappointed!

Room Tip: All rooms are very spacious and decorated very nice! Each time I stayed there it was very quiet!!!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank Debra L
Reviewed 13 May 2014

A lovely B&B, in close proximity to much of the best arts offerings of St. Louis. Don't be fooled by the block its on - it's a wonderful place with spacious, comfortable rooms, giant bathrooms, and good service. Sometimes it feels more like you are staying in someone's home than a hotel or B&B, but that was fine with us! Highly recommended.

Room Tip: with only 6 or so rooms, you shouldn't have a problem with any of them
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
14  Thank Dave H
Reviewed 21 April 2014

My husband and I, together with other executives from his company and other groups of executives from different companies in Saint Louis, had the pleasure to attend an evening event organized by IBM.
The event consisted of dinner and a show of the IBM sponsored Broadway production of "ONCE".
The evening started at Grand Center Inn. Immediately, upon entering this beautifully restored mansion, we felt at home!
At first we gathered in the front rooms for deliciously prepared appetizers and drinks. The atmosphere was joyous and friendly with a fine level of sophistication without being too "stuffy".
I was told by staff members that the mansion was originally built by Minor and Elizabeth Meriwether, from the family of Meriwether Lewis, the famous explorer. Apparently Mrs. Meriwether was famous for hosting many social events in this same mansion more than 100 years ago!
Dinner was prepared by the chefs at Grand center Inn. A four course meal absolutely delightful!
During dinner cast members of "ONCE" walked over from the Fox Theatre nearby to greet our group. They were extremely charming throughout the evening.
By 7:30 we all left Grand Center Inn and walked to the Fox Theatre nearby. The cast members separated from us to get ready to treat us to a wonderful performance of "ONCE".
Thank you IBM for selecting such a wonderful venue! My husband and I come to Grand Center quite often and never knew of this facility. I know now were to host my next party!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
58  Thank teresa z
Reviewed 27 March 2014

We decided to try this B&B, for ladies evening out!!! Is very close to the Fox and some very good restaurants! FREE parking as well, "unheard" of in St. Louis. The room was very clean and comfortable!!! Quiet for a good nights rest after concert at the Fox. The proprietor was very nice and accommodating!!!! The renovation on the building is fabulous, happy they are saving this landmark building. try them, you WILL be happy.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends