“Treated Like Royalty”
Review of Clydesdale Cottage

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Saint Louis
Clydesdale Cottage
Ranked #9 of 26 Saint Louis B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 August 2013

If you're going to St. Louis, don't miss this B&B in Soulard. The historic house has been totally gutted and tastefully decorated. Maureen and Ray make you feel like you've known them forever! She even shared some of her recipes with me. They were gracious enough to let our daughter join us for breakfast. Try to stay in this well-kept, clean, quiet part of Soulard, and then go stroll around to maybe the brewery, or head over to the greatest farmer's market. I can't wait to stay there again when we visit our daughter! Thanks, Maureen and Ray.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Clydesdale Cottage

Reviewed 13 May 2013

We stayed at Clydesdale Cottage for one night while helping our son move to St Louis. We were mainly looking for something close to his new apartment and fell into a fabulous experience. It's a fun neighborhood and the room was spacious and very comfortable, The food was excellent and our delightful hosts provided a wealth of information about things to do in St Louis. I was amazed by the reasonable price of the room and they graciously included our son at breakfast with no additional charge. We will definitely stay there in the future.

Room Tip: We had the King's room. I'd choose it again.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Patty T
Reviewed 11 July 2012

Clydesdale Cottage B & B is Superb. Clean, comfortable, with spacious rooms. First class fine eating breakfast which will last you past lunchtime. Ray and Maureen are very honest, genuine and provide great information about St. Louis and its history, if you only ask, they are more than willing to help. The price is great. I will be back. If you want to come, Meet Me In St. Louis. John Sacco, Canada, Markham

Reviewed 11 July 2012

Outstanding B&B. Great location, close to the area's best attractions such as restaurants, the AB brewery, Cherokee antique row, and so on. The house itself is gem, and the rooms were comfortable, spacious and very clean. I stayed in the "king's room"; an appropriate name for very luxurious décor at a reasonable price. After a dreadful travel experience, we arrived several hours after we were supposed too - in the middle of the night, and Ray and Maureen were very warm and welcoming, making us feel at home right away. The service, hospitality and gourmet breakfasts exceeded all my expectations!

Reviewed 5 July 2012

I have been to many bed and breakfast establishments in my travels and Clydesdale Cottage is the best!! The location is excellent, within walking distance of local restaurants, coffee shops and easy access to downtown St. Louis. But what made this place number one for me was the beautiful, clean and spacious rooms. Beds were very comfortable and lush and the washroom was large and modern. The breakfast area and common rooms were cozy, gleaming and tastfully decorated.The breakfasts were nothing short of gourmet ( strawberry soup anyone?) and plentiful. The hosts are very genuine and attentive. They went well beyond was expected to help make our stay pleasant.One of many examples: We arrived at 1:30 am. Ray waited up for us and when we arrived he overheard my son express that he was hungry. He insisted on taking him in town to find some food while the rest of us went to bed. Clydesdale Cottage was our home away from home. Thank you Ray and Maureen. We will be back!

Room Tip: All rooms are great.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 July 2012

My family and I were in STL for a wedding and we stayed at Clydesdale Cottage. The rooms were very spacious, extremely comfortable, and immaculately clean. Each room has a private spacious bathroom. Ray and Maureen are gracious and accomodating hosts, and they went over and above to accomodate me and my family and our wedding coordinating over the the course of the weekend. Waking up to the smell of coffee and being served a VERY scrumptious and generous breakfast made me feel like I was staying at a 5-star resort. I would definitly return to the Clydesdale Cottage when in St. Louis.

Reviewed 23 June 2012

Great b and b in convenient location near
AB Brewery, near interstate,within walking distance of several restaurants. Renovation of the historic building is quite stunning. Great hosts, good breakfast, very clean. Had a pleasant stay!

• Stayed: June 2012