“Wow! What a Lunch!”

Blues City Deli
Ranked #16 of 2,888 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout
Description: This is a delicious little deli that has 77 reviews on Google Maps but I can't seem to find it here on trip advisor. Thought you might want to add it.
Rotonda West, Florida
“Wow! What a Lunch!”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We were taken to Blues City Deli during a recent visit to St. Louis. When pulling up to the Deli, my first thought was "you expect me to wait in THAT line-in this heat?" I was assured (quite, correctly) that the line moved fast. After only a few minutes, we were at the counter ordering what turned out to be the BEST sandwich I've had--maybe, EVER. Piled high with meat and topped with the tastiest sauce, I couldn't stop raving about it--but...so did the other three people with whom I had lunch.
Even if sandwiches aren't your first choice for lunch, you won't be disappointed (at all) with any of their sandwiches.
This is a small place that serves a GREAT BIG sandwich--and lots of charm. I'll be happy to visit again during my next visit to Soulard in St. Louis.

STL
“Best Deli in St. Louis”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Great owner, great sandwiches. Be prepared to wait in line!!! Try red beans and rice. We go at least once a week. A St. Louis Gem.

Visited June 2014
Cabot, Arkansas
“Awesome Sandwiches”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We found this via another site and after eating we were glad we went. The shops sits on a street corner surrounded by row houses and is a nice quiet neighborhood. i am not a sub/sandwich kind of guy but I was happy we went here. I had a Mike's Spicy Beef & Cheddar and it was the best sandwich I have EVER eaten at a shop. The flavors were spot on and it was fresh and tasty. We got in fast at noon and didn't have to wait but a couple of minutes for our food. The best thing was that after eating this huge sandwich for ONLY SIX BUCKS I did not feel miserable but yet I was full. We will be going again on our way home.

1 Thank Ken R
Olathe, Kansas
“First class in all respects - worth a visit for sure”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Really enjoyed the food here - huge portions, reasonable prices and a very good menu. Hard to decide which one to pick - try the Redbird sandwich with slaw on the side. Really yummy

Visited June 2014
Cudjoe Key
“Yum yum yum”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Probably the best deli I've ever visited......enough said! Expect a line, but they move them through fast. I can't wait to go back to St. Louis to eat here again.