“Charming, amazing”

Forget-me-not Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #7 of 26 Saint Louis B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 May 2013

We stayed 3 nights at this lovely B and B. Chuck and Magretta could not have been
more gracious. They were very accommodating . Great location. Chucks breakfast
was awesome. So many wonderful small touches that make you feel at home
and comfortable. Just love this place!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Forget-me-not Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed 17 March 2013

We stayed at the Forget-me-not Bed and Breakfast for my 50th birthday. The house is amazing, our room (the Compton) had the most comfortable bed and a wonderful jacuzzi. Magretta and Chuck are gracious hosts and the breakfast was a veritable gourmet feast! They even accommodated my wife's gluten allergy. We highly recommend this B&B!!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 February 2013

My wife and I went there for her birthday this past weekend and had a great time. The house is amazing to look at. The location is so close to all the attractions of St. Louis. The breakfast in the morning was soooooo amazing. I could not get enough. Great one night get away.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 November 2012

This place was awesome for my husband and I to have a little get away. We went in the very beginning of October and enjoyed many things that were in walking distance. Magritte was a wonderful hostess and was very helpful if we had any questions. Her cooking was over the top! I look forward to bring more family to the B&B in the future. Glad I chose this over a hotel that would have cost much more. My husband and I were truly able to relax.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 October 2012

Just returned from another wonderful visit to the Forget Me Not. To save time I'll say that we agree with everything that has been said in the other posts. It was a most comfortable and enjoyable stay. A couple of special things to note; Magretta took our wheat free diet as a challenge and treated us to the most delicious southern style casserole I've ever eaten. Chuck lent my husband his big screen tv so he could watch the Michigan, Michigan State game in style and finally, they set two additional places at their already crowded breakfast table for our son and his fiancé who live nearby. I'm in awe of anyone who runs a B&B, the home maintenance, the strangers in your space, the constant cooking and cleaning. Chuck and Magretta make all the work seem effortless. Oh, and p.s. the dogs are especially sweet and petable! Looking forward to our next visit.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Magretta Y, Owner at Forget-me-not Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2012

We hope there will be a 3rd, 4th, 5th, ..... visit! Come back any time!

Reviewed 24 October 2012

Big-city style with small-town hospitality shall be found at this charming restored Victorian B&B in the historic district of sophisticated St.Louis. Magretta and Chuck made sure coffee was ready for an early riser like me, and very kindly allowed me to invite my St. Louis nephew and his wife to share the B&B house-specialty breakfast with me. Can't beat their Swiss crepes, plus sausage & eggs and fresh fruit. Magretta was even attentive to my food allergies. The host and hostess are assisted with spreading the love by their two four-legged friends throughout their lovingly authentically furnished home. My only caveat is that the stairs to the bedrooms can be a challenge for elderly legs and feet. Magretta warned me about the stairs, but I'm glad I took on the challenge anyway just to enjoy the sense of homey comfort and safety. I wish I could have stayed more than one night ;^)

Room Tip: I chose the tower room, and liked it's unique quality and modern bathroom accoutrements.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 September 2012

We recently had an extended stay at the Forget Me Not B&B while we visited our daughter who lives in St. Louis. The location was great - centrally located near shops, parks and restaurants. Our room was very pleasant and the breakfasts were outstanding. Our hostess was challenged, as I stayed well over a week, to provide creative, different breakfasts - and she came through with flying colors! Plus, every breakfast had different, lovely china and silver.

Margretta and Chuck were thoughtful and kind and it was nice having the dogs welcome me/us when we came home - it made it feel like really coming home rather than returning to a sterile hotel. This was a great option for us and I'm sure we'll return when next we visit our daughter.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Magretta Y, Owner at Forget-me-not Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2012

Thank you for the kind review. We enjoyed having you! We do hope to see you again soon.
Magretta